Dear Kevin Keegan

Guest Howaythetoon

Baggio's right, he broke my heart when i was a nippa, and he's done it again. Spare all this Martyr rubbish, he isn't.

He's accomplished much here both as a player and a manager. Revolutionised the club during his first spell as manager, *and re-educated the team as to how to play football the right way during his brief second spell. *His influence over the closing stages of last season saved us from the relegation axe, and with this Mr Ashley's 'investment' was also kept afloat. *In essence this is my response to Baggio's thoughts 'that during his latest managerial spell KK has done nothing which is deserving of appreciation etc'.

Keegan owes Mr Ashley nothing, likewise he doesn't owe us/the supporters anything either - especially the wankers who are drumming up this 'he's left us in the s**** for a second time' line.

My sentiments about Keegan's departure. My respect for him - as a manager - would've diminished fractionally if he'd stayed while having his strings pulled by a set of puppeteers who deem themselves to be more important football-related figures than the manager. No manager, and he is 'old school, with any sense of professional integrity will just sit back while having their power to manage compromised ie. at the front-office level: transfer activity & coaching staff acquistions/dismissals.

Keegan has walked away from an unambitious w***** in the form Ashley. He wants what's best for the club, he always has and his ability to take the club forward. He shouldn't be weighed down by the sort of lack of ambition not seen since McKeag's reign imo, when the latter funnelled off our best players. I refer to the board in the final hours of the transfer window and their attempt to flog/sell-off players currently in Keegan's 1st team frame, Owen in particular.

He's walked away with his professional integrity intact and fair play to him. However for Newcastle-Upon-Thames it's a different kettle of fish.

And from which source did you get the bit in bold which seems to be the basis for your assumption on the board?

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=52796.msg1326676#msg1326676

This i posted a few months back, pertaining to Keegan's lack of involvement at front-office level.

This was dismissed out of hand at the time, as 'overwritten bollocks' by Ozzie, when all the facts were 'not' readily available on the net. I formed a viewpoint/a stance based on intuition as to how a club should be run, as opposed reaching a conclusion pertaining to the pros & cons of our continental set-up based on set of Googlized links set in concrete.

It's ironic that my intuition is once again being dismissed almost out of hand because all the facts have not been made available through Google. What's more ironic that this sort of line has once again being drummed up by another bloke, *yourself Alpal, who supported Souness' reign right up until the very end......................... yet my judgement on these issues are baseless assumptions.

Irony works in funny ways  ;).

*Admittedly though you knew when it was right to jump off that particular sinking ship though  ;) .

Original typo/or word accidently left out has been duly edited Alapal as it's one crux of this post. I mean the section placed in bold.

I'm deeply saddened you have resigned (in fact saddened doesn't do how I feel right now any justice whatsoever) but I respect and support your decision to do so 100%. You are a credit to the game of football which has turned into everything you're not. No passion, no loyalty, no commitment, no integrity, no honesty and all about money money money. You will forever live long in our hearts and hopefully one day you can bring yourself to forgive the game you give so much to. Stay well King Kev, you're better off out of this broken club because you deserve so much better and so do we the fans and we'll get it, it is just a shame it will be without you the man who has done the most to give us fans the Newcastle United we deserve.  :clap:  :weep:

:clap:

I refer to the board in the final hours of the transfer window and their attempt to flog/sell-off players currently in Keegan's 1st team frame, most notably Owen.

It sounds like the Board wanted to sell Owen. Keegan vetoed the idea. It's only a problem if the Board had ignored him and flogged the player anyway, unless you're saying that they had no right to make the suggestion in the first place.

He's a player in the final year of his contract, who has refused to sign a new, improved one. Most clubs would sell in that situation.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/7593683.stm

Going by reports the idea of selling Owen wasn't even suggested to him mate. He discovered this after the fact, the opportunity to refuse or rebuff the idea reportedly wasn't put to him. Given that Keegan vetoed a couple of the transfer deals - which the board firmly had in the pipeline - on the final day of the Jan transfer window it's easy to see the board going over his head this time.

I still don't know where you've got the idea that Keegan wasn't able to veto the proposed sale of Owen. After all, in the end, Owen wasn't sold. Where are these 'reports'?

IMO, this is just a simple matter of Keegan wanting to spend more money than the club were prepared to allow him. That was what was behind the walk outs during his first spell at the club. That was what was behind the problems he had with the Board at Man City. That was what was behind his outburst earlier this year after the Chelsea game. The rest is flannel.

Baggio's right, he broke my heart when i was a nippa, and he's done it again. Spare all this Martyr rubbish, he isn't.

He's accomplished much here both as a player and a manager. Revolutionised the club during his first spell as manager, *and re-educated the team as to how to play football the right way during his brief second spell. *His influence over the closing stages of last season saved us from the relegation axe, and with this Mr Ashley's 'investment' was also kept afloat. *In essence this is my response to Baggio's thoughts 'that during his latest managerial spell KK has done nothing which is deserving of appreciation etc'.

Keegan owes Mr Ashley nothing, likewise he doesn't owe us/the supporters anything either - especially the wankers who are drumming up this 'he's left us in the s**** for a second time' line.

My sentiments about Keegan's departure. My respect for him - as a manager - would've diminished fractionally if he'd stayed while having his strings pulled by a set of puppeteers who deem themselves to be more important football-related figures than the manager. No manager, and he is 'old school, with any sense of professional integrity will just sit back while having their power to manage compromised ie. at the front-office level: transfer activity & coaching staff acquistions/dismissals.

Keegan has walked away from an unambitious w***** in the form Ashley. He wants what's best for the club, he always has and his ability to take the club forward. He shouldn't be weighed down by the sort of lack of ambition not seen since McKeag's reign imo, when the latter funnelled off our best players. I refer to the board in the final hours of the transfer window and their attempt to flog/sell-off players currently in Keegan's 1st team frame, Owen in particular.

He's walked away with his professional integrity intact and fair play to him. However for Newcastle-Upon-Thames it's a different kettle of fish.

And from which source did you get the bit in bold which seems to be the basis for your assumption on the board?

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=52796.msg1326676#msg1326676

This i posted a few months back, pertaining to Keegan's lack of involvement at front-office level.

This was dismissed out of hand at the time, as 'overwritten bollocks' by Ozzie, when all the facts were 'not' readily available on the net. I formed a viewpoint/a stance based on intuition as to how a club should be run, as opposed reaching a conclusion pertaining to the pros & cons of our continental set-up based on set of Googlized links set in concrete.

It's ironic that my intuition is once again being dismissed almost out of hand because all the facts have not been made available through Google. What's more ironic that this sort of line has once again being drummed up by another bloke, *yourself Alpal, who supported Souness' reign right up until the very end......................... yet my judgement on these issues are baseless assumptions.

Irony works in funny ways  ;).

*Admittedly though you knew when it was right to jump off that particular sinking ship though  ;) .

Original typo/or word accidently left out has been duly edited Alapal as it's one crux of this post. I mean the section placed in bold.

Mate I have no problem with you having intuition but I do have a problem when you make a dramatic conclusion of the board based on your intuition that they wanted to sell Owen when there's no evidence of that at all....besides err your intuition. Even if the board wanted to sell Owen, isnt the fact that he is still here shows that your KK managed to veto that move and hence had teh final say.

Btw, pls refrain from bullshitting bout my stance on Souness......I never supported him till the end, in fact I jumped ship right bout the middle point (think when Robert was left out from the UEFA Cup game). Is your accusation based on your intuition as well?  :lol: