Dear Kevin Keegan

Guest Howaythetoon

Guest stjamestoon

Dear King Kev.

Thanks for dropping my team in the s*** by walking out on us for a second time mid season.

Baggio.

Idiot.

Is that not exactly what has happened like? ???

No, that post would suggest what he had done is wrong, and its his fault. It isn't, forced out. Can't blame him.

Dear King Kev.

Thanks for dropping my team in the s*** by walking out on us for a second time mid season.

Baggio.

Idiot.

I understand people have different views like, but i don't see the need to push your views in everyone's face in a thread like this in the way Baggio is. Why not stick to the main KK thread or one of the millions others, rather than one that are people paying a few tributes to a guy who, up until the beginning of this week, we'd have all agreed is a legend of the club? It's smacks of wummery and trying to stir shit? We get the message, Baggio thinks KK fucked us over, we don't all agree, why argue about it in every thread? May as well stick something in here about the old board being better than the new and be done with it. Don't mean to have a go but it's been a shit few days for people, lets have a bit of respect for each other.

Guest stjamestoon

Dear King Kev.

Baggio.

Idiot.

I understand people have different views like, but i don't see the need to push your views in everyone's face in a thread like this in the way Baggio is. Why not stick to the main KK thread or one of the millions others, rather than one that are people paying a few tributes to a guy who, up until the beginning of this week, we'd have all agreed is a legend of the club? It's smacks of wummery and trying to stir s***? We get the message, Baggio thinks KK f***ed us over, we don't all agree, why argue about it in every thread? May as well stick something in here about the old board being better than the new and be done with it. Don't mean to have a go but it's been a s*** few days for people, lets have a bit of respect for each other.

Well said, Baggio's comments were just not called for in this kind of post. If he truely thinks that about KK after all that has gone on, then he must be a fool.

Dear King Kev.

Baggio.

Idiot.

I understand people have different views like, but i don't see the need to push your views in everyone's face in a thread like this in the way Baggio is. Why not stick to the main KK thread or one of the millions others, rather than one that are people paying a few tributes to a guy who, up until the beginning of this week, we'd have all agreed is a legend of the club? It's smacks of wummery and trying to stir shit? We get the message, Baggio thinks KK fucked us over, we don't all agree, why argue about it in every thread? May as well stick something in here about the old board being better than the new and be done with it. Don't mean to have a go but it's been a shit few days for people, lets have a bit of respect for each other.

I'm not arguing about it, this is the first comment I've posted in this thread since posting that.

It seems you are only interested in views similar to your own.

Dear King Kev.

Baggio.

Idiot.

I understand people have different views like, but i don't see the need to push your views in everyone's face in a thread like this in the way Baggio is. Why not stick to the main KK thread or one of the millions others, rather than one that are people paying a few tributes to a guy who, up until the beginning of this week, we'd have all agreed is a legend of the club? It's smacks of wummery and trying to stir s***? We get the message, Baggio thinks KK f***ed us over, we don't all agree, why argue about it in every thread? May as well stick something in here about the old board being better than the new and be done with it. Don't mean to have a go but it's been a s*** few days for people, lets have a bit of respect for each other.

Well said, Baggio's comments were just not called for in this kind of post. If he truely thinks that about KK after all that has gone on, then he must be a fool.

Why'?

He's walked out on the club at the worst possible time after lying to the fans all Summer saying how everything was ok.

Dear King Kev.

Baggio.

Idiot.

Why start this thread in the first place then tbh

Dear King Kev.

Baggio.

Idiot.

I'm not arguing about it, this is the first comment I've posted in this thread since posting that.

It seems you are only interested in views similar to your own.

Ok dude, if it makes you happy to believe that you go for it, it just gets a bit tedious in my view reading a load of threads that tail off in exactly the same direction... I'm more than happy to sit and argue about it (actually, in this circumstance i'm not, as we all have our own views and without the facts it's a waste of time arguing something none of us can prove) but just think this ain't the best place for it. Fair play though, didn't realise you had only posted the once, should have paid more attention, darting between threads trying to read everything as been offline for a couple of hours. Apologies

I'm deeply saddened you have resigned (in fact saddened doesn't do how I feel right now any justice whatsoever) but I respect and support your decision to do so 100%. You are a credit to the game of football which has turned into everything you're not. No passion, no loyalty, no commitment, no integrity, no honesty and all about money money money. You will forever live long in our hearts and hopefully one day you can bring yourself to forgive the game you give so much to. Stay well King Kev, you're better off out of this broken club because you deserve so much better and so do we the fans and we'll get it, it is just a shame it will be without you the man who has done the most to give us fans the Newcastle United we deserve. :clap: :weep:

Chris, sorry to be a party pooper - yet again - but how wasn't this about "money money money", surely that's exactly what it was about?

Anyway, I'm also sad he's gone.

Dear me it's like a fucking funeral, strap on a pair lads. It's the end of a great man but our club still lives on, it needs our support more than ever while we try to find a solution to this unfortunate mess.

First will come the sadness, then the anger, but at the end of the day we need are cool heads to try and fight a way through the current situation.

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

I respect Keegan's decision and his reasons, but I'm disappointed.

Disappointed that he couldn't see the spark of a good team and want to take it to the heights

Disappointed that his hunger to finish "unfinished business" dimmed so quickly.

Disappointed that he didn't want to stay for the city, the fans and his players.

Disappointed that all the bastards from the press will be able to say we told you he's a quitter.

But it was good while it lasted.

^ This

Dear me it's like a fucking funeral, strap on a pair lads. It's the end of a great man but our club still lives on, it needs our support more than ever while we try to find a solution to this unfortunate mess.

First will come the sadness, then the anger, but at the end of the day we need are cool heads to try and fight a way through the current situation.

The reason for my reaction tonight is because I am unsure as to how many more times we can go through this. Tonight I actually feel like we might not recover from this and its just down hill all the way.

Hope I am wrong but I need some help believing that our club isnt doomed once and for all.

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

i agree, and ffs we've had a decent start to the season!

i think kev gave up too easily, and it does make me question a bit how much his heart was ever in it.  that said, management hasn't compromised enough to keep a talent like him, and they bear a good deal of the blame.

Saddened to hear him quitting, moreoever under such circumstances.

Will always remember his first game for us against QPR back in the then second division--the first of my over two decades as a Newcastle fan (and I'm not even English).

Have been less active these days since the money grubbing (as well as the likes of Graeme Souness et al) literally killed my interest in the game, but my love for the club and game suddenly came back when Keegan rejoined the club last season. Wasn't the greatest of starts, but I was willing to be patient. And heck even if he doesn't win anything with us for a few season--seeing his passion and enthusiasm was enough to remind me why I loved this club, and have supported it through thick and thin (never easy when you're supporting a club no one has ever heard of).

You can always buy success if you have plenty of money, but you can never buy passion.

So thanks for the great memories, King Kev, and I hope you find someone else who'll appreciate your dedication to the game. Maybe it's time for myself to walk away from all this crap too before even those fond memories are ruined.

Guest Harry-Norway

Now what?????

Anybody have a cristal ball???

Who`s next to get executed at St.james?

Who will have this job......3 heads had roled in 2 1/2 years