Dear Kevin Keegan

Guest Howaythetoon

Guest guinness_fiend

I respect Keegan's decision and his reasons, but I'm disappointed.

Disappointed that he couldn't see the spark of a good team and want to take it to the heights

Disappointed that his hunger to finish "unfinished business" dimmed so quickly.

Disappointed that he didn't want to stay for the city, the fans and his players.

Disappointed that all the bastards from the press will be able to say we told you he's a quitter.

But it was good while it lasted.

^ This

Ditto.

Yes, saddened, but used to it by now.

How many walkouts is this ?

100% isn't it ?   :rolleyes: :thdn:

Someone who isn't carried along by the mis-spelt banner wavers, and can think for himself..... :wav: <- The drones outside of SJP, moronic chants and expletives deleted. (A bit more colorurful than drab tracksuits Newcastle tops and trainers though

Guest Howaythetoon

I'm deeply saddened you have resigned (in fact saddened doesn't do how I feel right now any justice whatsoever) but I respect and support your decision to do so 100%. You are a credit to the game of football which has turned into everything you're not. No passion, no loyalty, no commitment, no integrity, no honesty and all about money money money. You will forever live long in our hearts and hopefully one day you can bring yourself to forgive the game you give so much to. Stay well King Kev, you're better off out of this broken club because you deserve so much better and so do we the fans and we'll get it, it is just a shame it will be without you the man who has done the most to give us fans the Newcastle United we deserve.  :clap:  :weep:

Chris, sorry to be a party pooper - yet again - but how wasn't this about "money money money", surely that's exactly what it was about?

Anyway, I'm also sad he's gone.

I'm talking about the greed in football in general, which KK isn't part of.

:clap:al coup for us at the time.

The buzz you created when you returned as our manager and the great games and journeys we had back then were priceless for me. And this time when you came back we finally began to feel positive and enjoy watching the team again after so long in the wilderness. The realisation that this time you are gone for good and that it has come about in awful circumstances leaves me numb right now.

Nothing can tarnish what you did for this club though and the club is a poorer place without you. Thank you for all you've done.

Well said.  :clap: :clap: :clap:

A large part of Newcastle has died with this this latest episode ....just when I was hopeful once again, the dream has died yet another premature death

Guest Brewcastle

Thanks' for coming back and give it a try Kevin!

You couldn't know you had to deal with d***heads. So your decision is to understand (if it really was yours...).

You're a Legend!  :clap:  :snod:

Baggio's right, he broke my heart when i was a nippa, and he's done it again. Spare all this Martyr rubbish, he isn't.

He's accomplished much here both as a player and a manager. Revolutionised the club during his first spell as manager, *and re-educated the team as to how to play football the right way during his brief second spell. *His influence over the closing stages of last season saved us from the relegation axe, and with this Mr Ashley's 'investment' was also kept afloat. *In essence this is my response to Baggio's thoughts 'that during his latest managerial spell KK has done nothing which is deserving of appreciation etc'.

Keegan owes Mr Ashley nothing, likewise he doesn't owe us/the supporters anything either - especially the wankers who are drumming up this 'he's left us in the s**** for a second time' line.

My sentiments about Keegan's departure. My respect for him - as a manager - would've diminished fractionally if he'd stayed while having his strings pulled by a set of puppeteers who deem themselves to be more important football-related figures than the manager. No manager, and he is 'old school, with any sense of professional integrity will just sit back while having their power to manage compromised ie. at the front-office level: transfer activity & coaching staff acquistions/dismissals.

Keegan has walked away from an unambitious w***** in the form Ashley. He wants what's best for the club, he always has and his ability to take the club forward  shouldn't be weighed down by the sort of lack of ambition not seen since McKeag's reign imo, when the latter funnelled off our best players. I refer to the board in the final hours of the transfer window and their attempt to flog/sell-off players currently in Keegan's 1st team frame, Owen in particular.

He's walked away with his professional integrity intact and fair play to him. However for Newcastle-Upon-Thames it's a different kettle of fish.

Baggio's right, he broke my heart when i was a nippa, and he's done it again. Spare all this Martyr rubbish, he isn't.

I refer to the board in the final hours of the transfer window and their attempt to flog/sell-off players currently in Keegan's 1st team frame, most notably Owen.

He's walked away with his professional integrity intact and fair play to him. However for Newcastle-Upon-Thames it's a different kettle of fish.

Now was it a case of us being prepared to sell if a good offer came in, which Keegan said himself on Friday when he said, "everyone has their price", or were we actively trying to sell? No-one knows at the moment, apart from what Keegan himself said last week.

He's accomplished much here both as a player and a manager. Revolutionised the club during his first spell as manager, *and re-educated the team as to

He also abolished the reserve team and it took Daglish to bring it back and sort out the youth team too (which he never got the deserved credit for) he didn't win anything (nothing unusual here, I know) and SBR did as much with less. Let's not get carried away, eh ?

I refer to the board in the final hours of the transfer window and their attempt to flog/sell-off players currently in Keegan's 1st team frame, most notably Owen.

It sounds like the Board wanted to sell Owen. Keegan vetoed the idea. It's only a problem if the Board had ignored him and flogged the player anyway, unless you're saying that they had no right to make the suggestion in the first place.

He's a player in the final year of his contract, who has refused to sign a new, improved one. Most clubs would sell in that situation.

He's accomplished much here both as a player and a manager. Revolutionised the club during his first spell as manager, *and re-educated the team as to how to play football the right way during his brief second spell. *His influence over the closing stages of last season saved us from the relegation axe, and with this Mr Ashley's 'investment' was also kept afloat. *In essence this is my response to Baggio's thoughts 'that during his latest managerial spell KK has done nothing which is deserving of appreciation etc'.

Keegan owes Mr Ashley nothing, likewise he doesn't owe us/the supporters anything either - especially the wankers who are drumming up this 'he's left us in the s**** for a second time' line.

My sentiments about Keegan's departure. My respect for him - as a manager - would've diminished fractionally if he'd stayed while having his strings pulled by a set of puppeteers who deem themselves to be more important football-related figures than the manager. No manager, and he is 'old school, with any sense of professional integrity will just sit back while having their power to manage compromised ie. at the front-office level: transfer activity & coaching staff acquistions/dismissals.

Keegan has walked away from an unambitious w***** in the form Ashley. He wants what's best for the club, he always has and his ability to take the club forward. He shouldn't be weighed down by the sort of lack of ambition not seen since McKeag's reign imo, when the latter funnelled off our best players. I refer to the board in the final hours of the transfer window and their attempt to flog/sell-off players currently in Keegan's 1st team frame, Owen in particular.

And from which source did you get the bit in bold which seems to be the basis for your assumption on the board?

Keegan has walked away from an unambitious w***** in the form Ashley. He wants what's best for the club, he always has and his ability to take the club forward. He shouldn't be weighed down by the sort of lack of ambition not seen since McKeag's reign imo, when the latter funnelled off our best players. I refer to the board in the final hours of the transfer window and their attempt to flog/sell-off players currently in Keegan's 1st team frame, Owen in particular.

And from which source did you get the bit in bold which seems to be the basis for your assumption on the board?

I think if we are to cast aside assumptions and only deal with fact we won't have anything left to post!

Now was it a case of us being prepared to sell if a good offer came in, which Keegan said himself on Friday when he said, "everyone has their price", or were we actively trying to sell? No-one knows at the moment, apart from what Keegan himself said last week.

This is at odds with KK's assertation that Owen's contract situation would soon be sorted out, something he wanted wrapped up throughout the course of transfer window.

Reading between the lines, while looking at what has been imo uneasy working relationship between board & manager.... and this goes way back to the final day of the Jan transfer window when KK vetoed 'bargain buy' transfer deals for players he deemed 'not good enough for him and NUFC. Imo he was playing the media game, voicing his concerns in the midst of Milner's departure in relation board's attitude towards selling what are saleable commodities when acceptable offers come him. Given that he was in the midst of trying to rebuild an already thin squad, as opposed diminishing it, i'd say that he was opposed to the board's tit-for-tat/spreadsheet orientated buying & selling policy.

It sounds like the Board wanted to sell Owen. Keegan vetoed the idea. It's only a problem if the Board had ignored him and flogged the player anyway, unless you're saying that they had no right to make the suggestion in the first place.

He's a player in the final year of his contract, who has refused to sign a new, improved one. Most clubs would sell in that situation.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/7593683.stm

Going by reports the idea of selling Owen wasn't even suggested to him mate. He discovered this after the fact, the opportunity to refuse or rebuff the idea reportedly wasn't put to him. Given that Keegan vetoed a couple of the transfer deals - which the board firmly had in the pipeline - on the final day of the Jan transfer window it's easy to see the board going over his head this time.

What can't be argued is that it's untenable when any manager doesn't have complete control over decisions pertaining to the football front-office, player and staff acquisitions/departures. It's their head which is on the line - ie. results-wise on the pitch - if the replacements hand-picked by the player recruitment department are not up to scratch in comparison to any key player forcibly removed against the manager's wishes ie. especially if they succeeded by selling Owen over KK's head.

With this in mind Keegan was well within his right to walk away.

I think if we are to cast aside assumptions and only deal with fact we won't have anything left to post!

No, then we will be airing opinions based on facts. It just seems to me that it is manifestly unfair to make such a drastic conclusion that "KK is weighed down by the sort of lack of ambition not seen since McKeag's reign..." purely based on the specualtion that the board wanted to sell Owen.

Guest Dr_Delirium

Dear King Kev.

Thanks for dropping my team in the s*** by walking out on us for a second time mid season.

Baggio.

Idiot.

Is that not exactly what has happened like? ???

I understand people have different views like, but i don't see the need to push your views in everyone's face in a thread like this in the way Baggio is. Why not stick to the main KK thread or one of the millions others, rather than one that are people paying a few tributes to a guy who, up until the beginning of this week, we'd have all agreed is a legend of the club? It's smacks of wummery and trying to stir s***? We get the message, Baggio thinks KK f***ed us over, we don't all agree, why argue about it in every thread? May as well stick something in here about the old board being better than the new and be done with it. Don't mean to have a go but it's been a s*** few days for people, lets have a bit of respect for each other.

Well said, Baggio's comments were just not called for in this kind of post. If he truely thinks that about KK after all that has gone on, then he must be a fool.

Why'?

He's walked out on the club at the worst possible time after lying to the fans all Summer saying how everything was ok.

Keegan had a vision for the future, the board didn't share that vision and wouldn't back him! How would you feel if you were a football manager and other people came in and buy the players without your approval. He didn't get the players he was promised. Keegan thought he would and told the fans his believes, so I don't think I would say Keegan was lying. Without the support of the board he simply couldn't do his job properly. I understand his reasons to resign completely.

Ashley out!!!!