Spurs League Cup 24th Sept - the only match where a protest would count?

pinkeye

Anyone contemplating a match boycott is idiotic.

It will achieve nothing, other than to affect an already low-confidence side into losing the game. The players need our support, they've done no wrong.

Guest toonlass

I'm not boycotting. I get my home cup tickets free through getting the direct debit system last year and so there is no point in me staying away. However if the boycotting of the products/drinks/etc is still going I will be doing that.

I support the statement of 'True Faith' and 'The Mag'. Since i'm not a season ticket holder, i'm not going to any more games either, until i'm alot happier (i suspect this maybe until Ashley and Wise go). I do not support Ashley's decision's (i'm livid actually) Dennis f***ing Wise director of football?? So all i can do is boycott and vocally protest about what they have done. If i had a season ticket and coulden't get my money back i'd go to the Hull game and protest. One person doesn't make a difference but i'm sure when tens of thousands don't turn up and the tens of thousands that do hurl abuse at you and the value of your 200m+ investment starts shrinking they WILL be forced to think long and hard about what to do next. those who want to go support the team that is THEIR CHOICE, fair enough. My decision is to do somrthing about it and boycott.

Ashley and Wise seem interested in making money out of us and that is it.

I trust keegan, i certainly do not trust Ashley, Wise or LLambias. I hope someone buys them out and reinstalls Keegan. If Ashley, wise and co appoints someone who is a roaring success, then i'll have to admit i'm wrong and i certainly will do. But for now i really think they have f***ed up big time and i am not going to be hypocritical about it and support them in any way shape or form, especially financially.  Our future under this regime looks very very bad. Relegation is now a possibility as the players must be affected by this. At best i see us mid table mediocrity.

Its almost like they are taking the piss and want to piss us off.   

It will achieve nothing, other than to affect an already low-confidence side into losing the game. The players need our support, they've done no wrong.

Is that you Mike.........Dennis ?

We have all paid for our season tickets already, missing the Hull match, walking out or whatever only hurts us and the team - who still need us!!!

There is a match coming up where the club relies on season ticket holders and the public to pay extra (apart from those with cup tickets in their package).

Surely this is the game to avoid, I mean the closing date for season ticket applications is 11th Sept, this week.  If people haven't applied for their seats by the end of this week then a huge message is sent to the club and more importantly Ashley.

Usually I would not hesitate in getting a ticket for this, I love beating the Spuds but, this time I am not going to go, plus it's on tele!!

Maybe a poll would be relevent here, a) Going, b) not going

I would agree with this in respect of hitting them in the pocket.

But, now that season ticket money is in, they won't be bothered if people dont' attend league games.

Only long term apathy will do the trick if Ashley chooses to stick it out.

Dont boycott any games, fill the stadium and show the rest of the wankers having a pop at us what we are made of.

GEORDIES YOUR FOOTBALL CLUB NEEDS YOU.

regardless of which knackers own it.

Dig in, this could take a long time.

go along, show your support,...but if your not happy with the direction of the club,  you must have the courage to speak out, or else Ashley will think all is ok.

As I speak to people I know who go to the match there is a real mix of opinions, as there is on here as well.

Most people have gotten over the bewilderment and fury of Keegan's departure and this has mellowed into something of an acceptance that we are basically way out of our depth in terms of what we can do that would make the slightest difference to what Ashley will persevere on with regardlesly.

Mid term he will probably sell, assuming a buyer comes along who has the cash and the inclination to get involved.  sadly NUFC, along with 15 other Premier League teams, do not make the staggering amounts of profit that would interest anyone enough to plough a fortune of their money into it.  It is, instead, a self perpetuating machine that makes just about enough to cover the costs with a modest dividend at the end of it for the owner, the new owner would, instead, have to be a football fan (preferrabley of the Toon variety) and wealthy enough not to care an awful lot about making a lot more money, unless we hit the top four and then it is all about the money!

Short term we are stuck with Mike Ashley and his board, although a lot of the enjoyment of his "toy" has been removed for Ashley as he would be a little concerned for his own welfare should he decide that another day out in the stands was in order, heard rumours that he has employed a couple of ex SAS as personal body guards, not a lot of use when you are surrounded really though I suppose!  (that is not a direct threat to Ashley by the way, I am sure he has considered all of this already).

Most people I have spoken to intend to go to the Hull match, the atmosphere will be very tense by the feedback I am getting and 100% of the people want to support the players and the team, Ashley and co won't be there but, there will be cameras from every media source looking for a scoop and I am pretty sure they will get what they want.

I couldn't agree more.  The people a boycott could potentially impact on most is the team.  It would have to be a big, long term boycott for it to severely hurt Ashley (and the club as well).

And I guarantee the best way to scare off any potential new owners would be for them to see a half empty stadium on TV.