Jonas Gutierrez

Guest Coubury

Guest toonlass

Its not like people on this board to form such strong opinions after one bad game :rolleyes:

So we shouldn't have strong opinions about a bad game? :dowie:

You can do sure. I expect games to affect peoples opinions ofcourse.

But what i tend to see is X has 10 good games & then people love him followed by 2/3 bad games - after which suddenly the player goes back to being useless.

I dont often see "well yeah he had a shocker today & the last couple games....but we know hes more capable than that so looks like hes just off form". Its always HES AMAZING or HES DISASTEROUS AWFUL. Doesnt seem to balanced.

Jonas has had a couple of ok games......but we know he's more useless/infuriating/annoying than that so looks like he's going to go back to being shite.

Guest neesy111

One Bad Game

Jonas Guiterez, is a fucking winger, his job is to create goals for the strikers and score some goals in the process of the process

6 goals in almost 300 professional games, that i'm sorry is a pathetic record for any professional even those in league 2 in this country, and his assists record is just as bad, and don't give ahh he make's space for other players, bollocks cos he can't never pass to those players

the guy, can't do anything but dribble on the ball

and for the guy that said who is our best player, alan smith runs rings about every midfielder in this division, was a class above everyone today and has been all season

but the guy is a liabilty, and not worth his 50k a week wages

if he was so good, why the fuck has no decent club come in for him at all

i can name 3-4

One Bad Game

Jonas Guiterez, is a fucking winger, his job is to create goals for the strikers and score some goals in the process of the process

6 goals in almost 300 professional games, that i'm sorry is a pathetic record for any professional even those in league 2 in this country, and his assists record is just as bad, and don't give ahh he make's space for other players, bollocks cos he can't never pass to those players

the guy, can't do anything but dribble on the ball

and for the guy that said who is our best player, alan smith runs rings about every midfielder in this division, was a class above everyone today and has been all season

but the guy is a liabilty, and not worth his 50k a week wages

if he was so good, why the fuck has no decent club come in for him at all

i can name 3-4

well said that man

Gutierrez is total and utter shite for a supposed winger and attack minded player he is atrocious he has no other ability other than being able to run with the ball...he cant cross,pass,shoot or score.he constantly falls on his arse and loses possession.as the previous poster said 6 goals in over 300 appearances fucking hell there are full backs and centre halfs who dwarf that scoring record..

Anyone can look good just running with the ball just look at forest gump!!!!!!!!!!!

if someone came in with 2 million id get shot of the useless shower of shit

Guest Roger Kint

Its like the bloke plays in clogs, either that or he has Pinocchio's legs. Cant cross, shoot, pass or generally kick it without it bobbling up like its been hoofed by a 3 year old. His attitude the game and a half back is one of a bloke going through the motions and will unsurprisingly make a dramatic improvement this week when playing for his country. Best player? God help us!

i'd have him in the team every day of the week but i've seldom seen a supposed creative player strike a ball so badly. I genuinely played alongside better strikers of the ball in my uni team.

Surely this should be getting worked on in training? as with with the rest of the players obvious faults.

We need a manager to be honest and some coaches who aren't ex-defenders.

Guest toonlass

i'd have him in the team every day of the week but i've seldom seen a supposed creative player strike a ball so badly. I genuinely played alongside better strikers of the ball in my uni team.

So why would you have him in the team then?

The same reason he's in the team now presumably. Have you seen the alternatives?

The same reason he's in the team now presumably. Have you seen the alternatives?

yep, the only alternatives are central midfielders.

Guest toonlass

Which is why I am wondering why Hughton hasn't brought in a creative midfielder in on loan.

Surely this should be getting worked on in training? as with with the rest of the players obvious faults.

If he was 17 I might agree but at 26 I get the feeling if he hasn't learnt this shit by now he never will.

When he was out I think I got a bit of "absence makes the heart grow fonder" but even though I haven't seen him since he has come back the comments on here have reminded me why I was so harsh on him at the start of the season.

I was fooled into the "at the very least he keeps the ball out of our half, he tracks back" line of thinking but this season he hasn't really has he?

He may get the ball out of our half for as long as it takes him to get to the byline (not long) but then he inevitably falls over, hits a weak as piss cross or misplaces a pass and the opposition instantly get the ball back, at least Scott Parker (I actually liked him but am picking at one of his faults) would spend time fannying about doing pretty twirls and keep possesion.

From the sounds of it he isn't even tracking back now so his total contribution to the team is getting the ball, going on a run and then giving it back to the opposition. If anything he is a detriment to the team, the only thing he really has over Butt at the moment is at least he isnt giving stupid fouls away in dangerous areas. Would be tempted to give the grandad (Geremi) more game time though if Jonas keeps up these pathetic displays.

Its a shit day when Ryan Taylor is the best winger at your club  :laugh:

If he was 17 I might agree but at 26 I get the feeling if he hasn't learnt this s*** by now he never will.

When he was out I think I got a bit of "absence makes the heart grow fonder" but even though I haven't seen him since he has come back the comments on here have reminded me why I was so harsh on him at the start of the season.

I was fooled into the "at the very least he keeps the ball out of our half, he tracks back" line of thinking but this season he hasn't really has he?

He may get the ball out of our half for as long as it takes him to get to the byline (not long) but then he inevitably falls over, hits a weak as piss cross or misplaces a pass and the opposition instantly get the ball back, at least Scott Parker (I actually liked him but am picking at one of his faults) would spend time fannying about doing pretty twirls and keep possesion.

From the sounds of it he isn't even tracking back now so his total contribution to the team is getting the ball, going on a run and then giving it back to the opposition. If anything he is a detriment to the team, the only thing he really has over Butt at the moment is at least he isnt giving stupid fouls away in dangerous areas. Would be tempted to give the grandad (Geremi) more game time though if Jonas keeps up these pathetic displays.

Its a s*** day when Ryan Taylor is the best winger at your club  :laugh:

I know what you're saying like, but if that's the attitude of our coaches then we're canny fucked.

I'd definately play Jonas when Enrique plays (I haven't heard why he was out yesterday yet?), he's more willing to track back for his mate and they're on the same wavelength going forward.

Except that before he was injured nearly all our play was going through him, to the point that he was being marked by two players.

He cant smash a ball or curl a cross in, massive suprise - because we havent known that for over a season or so. So hey, lets all get wound up about it now as if its some newmindblowing discovery & go completely over the top by claiming that hes now completely useless because of it.

Even though a few weeks ago the commonly accepted opinion was that he was one of our best players.

Gutierrez has had crap games before where he falls over all over the place, hes then gone on to give performances wheres hes great on the ball. Because guess what, players dont always play at their full ability. Sometimes, especially when coming back from an injury, they tend to underperform. Why is this something, some people cannot comprehend atall?

Except that before he was injured nearly all our play was going through him, to the point that he was being marked by two players.

He cant smash a ball or curl a cross in, massive suprise - because we havent known that for over a season or so. So hey, lets all get wound up about it now as if its some newmindblowing discovery & go completely over the top by claiming that hes now completely useless because of it.

Even though a few weeks ago the commonly accepted opinion was that he was one of our best players.

Gutierrez has had crap games before where he falls over all over the place, hes then gone on to give performances wheres hes great on the ball. Because guess what, players dont always play at their full ability. Sometimes, especially when coming back from an injury, they tend to underperform. Why is this something, some people cannot comprehend atall?

I was "gay for Jonas" at the start but in all honesty he hasn't had that many good games since he has been here.

Obafemi Martins was frustrating, Jonas Gutierrez is on another level completely!

Guest toonlass

He couldn't do it in the Premiership last year, he is now showing he can't do it in the lower leagues too.

Do what? Were you expecting his shooting/crossing to miraculously improve for no reason?

Hes not the player many expected, but hes not as bad as most of these comments basically. In the context of this league & in the context of our squad, he's a good player. His plus points are still his plus points & they provide a good amount to our side. He'll have bad games, they'll all have bad games. Barton, Guthrie, Jonas etc are still very good players. People lose faith far to easily, when the majority of evidence points to these players not being the utter garbage people end up calling them when they dont do brilliantly constantly.

Guest toonlass

Do what? Were you expecting his shooting/crossing to miraculously improve for no reason?

Hes not the player many expected, but hes not as bad as most of these comments basically. In the context of this league & in the context of our squad, he's a good player. His plus points are still his plus points & they provide a good amount to our side. He'll have bad games, they'll all have bad games. Barton, Guthrie, Jonas etc are still very good players. People lose faith far to easily, when the majority of evidence points to these players not being the utter garbage people end up calling them when they dont do brilliantly constantly.

Did you see him yesterday? He looked like he couldn't care less and he couldn't cross a road ffs.

I agree with you that people get written off far too quickly on here (they also get hyped up far too quickly) but if what people who were at the game is true (him not even trying) then we can't afford him as he offers little more than effort with a bit of pace as it is.