Jonas Gutierrez

Guest Coubury

But they won't and he won't stand out, James Perch nullified him, man. Good player no better than that.

...why does there have to be a rule that if one player can nullify a player, that that sets their standard? Football never, ever works like that. I remember when Jenas outdid Vieira, when Edgar outdid Ronaldo, when Scott Parker f***ing outdid the Arsenal starting XI. It means nothing in one match. Like you said in another thread about Defoe, and Keane. Just because they've been outdone by a certain player, it doesn't lower their level.

As I said, Icarus:

It happens to Jonas every 3rd game.

Guest firetotheworks

Ronaldo got an assist in that game btw. :thup:

No

From a freekick on the opposite side of the pitch? Aye, that was Edgar's fault.

Guest firetotheworks

But they won't and he won't stand out, James Perch nullified him, man. Good player no better than that.

...why does there have to be a rule that if one player can nullify a player, that that sets their standard? Football never, ever works like that. I remember when Jenas outdid Vieira, when Edgar outdid Ronaldo, when Scott Parker f***ing outdid the Arsenal starting XI. It means nothing in one match. Like you said in another thread about Defoe, and Keane. Just because they've been outdone by a certain player, it doesn't lower their level.

As I said, Icarus:

I disagree, there's nothing more I can say.

The part about Edgar was obviously not serious, some of you..... :lol:

He's not relevant here anyway,  Jonas has been good this season, but not as good as i'd have hoped. He isn't a great player.

Guest firetotheworks

On a serious note, who do you think is a better player, Routledge or Jonas?

Jonas.

Guest firetotheworks

Jonas, clearly. I'm not fully convinced either will do it in the top league.

Out of curiosity, as a Colo fan. What have you seen in Colo to make you think he'll perform in the PL, over Jonas who you're convinced by.

As I saw it Colo was a good player, who had bad moments, whereas Jonas was fairly similar to how he is now, but with no end product.

Ronaldo got an assist in that game btw. :thup:

No it doesn't.

Oh and Ronaldo passed the ball to Scholes from the left, he hardly needed to beat Edgar to pass a ball from the other side of the pitch.  The fact is Edgar had him in his pocket.  As usual you're argument makes no sense.  Ricardo Fuller gave Coloccini a bit of a raping, so that makes Coloccini s***.

My argument makes no sense? So I suppose you think that Jonas has looked like a premiersip winger in 70% or more of our games?

Out of curiosity, as a Colo fan. What have you seen in Colo to make you think he'll perform in the PL, over Jonas who you're convinced by.

As I saw it Colo was a good player, who had bad moments, whereas Jonas was fairly similar to how he is now, but with no end product.

I think Colo's made more of an improvement. He's looked very good all season, to me at least.

I agree Colo has made massive progress this season, the drop down a league give him a chance to gain some confidence.

Jonas though I think has also improved, BUT one thing he had and has kept is a brilliant work ethic.

Guest firetotheworks

I think Colo's made more of an improvement. He's looked very good all season, to me at least.

Aye, but he had more of an improvement to make, and at a lower level. Taking nothing away from Colo, who's been excellent, but Jonas aside from not passing it when he should has took the piss in most of the matches this season, particularly at home. In the PL he was just as effective as I remember, aside from his terrible end product, which looks a lot better since we brought in a decent winger on the opposite side.

You mean like the way he was bullied in the air for the two goals we conceded against Peterborough and Sheffield? I can't see how you argue that Colo is premiership standard and not Jonas when they have both made similar improvement in the Championship, unless of course your intention all along is to just prove that you've been right on Colo. 

Bullied in the air against Peterborough?  :lol:

You want to have a look again at the first goal when the striker pushed him off so easily before Harper's fuck up, ditto for Sheffield's 1st goal or have you gone blind when it comes to Colo? :lol:

Explain how he was "bullied in the air" against Peterborough, because you saw a 30 second clip in which he was pushed over? Harper's fault for that goal, nobody else's.

Typical bullshit.

Explain how he was "bullied in the air" against Peterborough, because you saw a 30 second clip in which he was pushed over? Harper's fault for that goal, nobody else's.

Typical bullshit.

To begin with you misquoted me, I said "bulied in the air for the two goals" not just bullied in the air in general. And so being pushed over so easily is no big deal for you? well Colo better get used to it coz he's gonna get many of that in the Premiership against bigger and stronger players.

If you are going to misquote me just to win your argument, then I'll stop here...typical Ronaldo bullshit