Jonas Gutierrez

Guest Coubury

Yeah, but it is no business of anyone on this forum, where I reside, sir. You have access to certain info (my email, IP), etc. being the administrator and I'd rather you didn't go posting it all over the forum, or using it to further a petty quarrel.

I am always one to defend players who have done well for us in the past. I saw damn near every minute of last season and Jonas ran harder than any player. I a few of the opening games and Jonas was much the same. I don't think he's garbage because of two games back from injury. I've done my hamstring before and it takes a good while to recover.

pwned

I am always one to defend players who have done well for us in the past. I saw damn near every minute of last season and Jonas ran harder than any player. I a few of the opening games and Jonas was much the same. I don't think he's garbage because of two games back from injury. I've done my hamstring before and it takes a good while to recover.

Taken the funny bit out.

I've stuck up for him too, but today he was just pathetic. His returning from injury made absolutely no difference to him refusing to put the effort in; he could clearly do it but he just didn't. When he first joined I thought he was worth the lack of end product because of his worth to the team - he would beat a man and pass it pretty well but also work back. Today he just tried to take on too many players EVERY TIME and when he did pass it like he was as effective as a drunkard. On top of that he didn't help Simpson out and gave up on numerous wayward passes to him, including one that literally rolled a foot over the goal line.

He just couldn't be arsed.

Guest toonlass

How many times did we take short corners to Jonas btw? Talk about defeating the point. :laugh:

The lad behind me was doing his nut every time a short corner was taken. I thought he was going to explode with anger at one point.

One of the strange things about Jonas is that he seemingly cannot strike a ball properly even in anger. He had a few shots today and he always seems to miskick them, scuff them, underhit them. Same with his crosses. I know he's lanky but fucking hell.

One of the strange things about Jonas is that he seemingly cannot strike a ball properly even in anger. He had a few shots today and he always seems to miskick them, scuff them, underhit them. Same with his crosses. I know he's lanky but fucking hell.

scruffy feet.= kieron dyer.

I told a little laddie off for saying that about Jonas today. :lol:

Man, I just hope he gets his act together. He IS the best player out of the ones remaining at this club, though he hasn't been the best performer this season obviously. I just have this awful feeling I'm going to be watching him tear up Europe with Villareal or Palermo this time next year.

Guest toonlass

Man, I just hope he gets his act together. He IS the best player out of the ones remaining at this club, though he hasn't been the best performer this season obviously. I just have this awful feeling I'm going to be watching him tear up Europe with Villareal or Palermo this time next year.

:no:

Who then?

Who then?

id say, all the ones who've scored, all the ones who can pass, all the other players who dont fuck around too much.

Guest toonlass

Who then?

Enrique pisses on Guttierez just for one.

Who then?

so thats what happens at half time?

Guest Heneage

Who then?

Kinky.

Taken the funny bit out.

I've stuck up for him too, but today he was just pathetic. His returning from injury made absolutely no difference to him refusing to put the effort in; he could clearly do it but he just didn't. When he first joined I thought he was worth the lack of end product because of his worth to the team - he would beat a man and pass it pretty well but also work back. Today he just tried to take on too many players EVERY TIME and when he did pass it like he was as effective as a drunkard. On top of that he didn't help Simpson out and gave up on numerous wayward passes to him, including one that literally rolled a foot over the goal line.

He just couldn't be arsed.

Agree with that basically. Last season under Keegan he was busting a gut and almos tplaying as a second left back at times - remember Wayne Rooney bouncing off him in the first match of the season? If he showed that sort of commitment you could forgive the poor crossing and shooting, but to me it looks like he's just marking time and picking up his wages now.

Its not like people on this board to form such strong opinions after one bad game :rolleyes:

So we shouldn't have strong opinions about a bad game? :dowie:

You can do sure. I expect games to affect peoples opinions ofcourse.

But what i tend to see is X has 10 good games & then people love him followed by 2/3 bad games - after which suddenly the player goes back to being useless.

I dont often see "well yeah he had a shocker today & the last couple games....but we know hes more capable than that so looks like hes just off form". Its always HES AMAZING or HES DISASTEROUS AWFUL. Doesnt seem to balanced.