Jonas Gutierrez

Guest Coubury

he should be better than the alternatives, cos we've hardly got any, and when he's on 50-55k, we should expect far far better than what we are getting

him and barton, have been a total disgrace in this division, if ppl say this division is as s*** as we think it is, he should be doing 10 times better than what he's done so far this season

Whether hes value for money is a diff argument though, i dont disagree that he hasnt lived up to what was expected of him. But no point going pointlessly over the top about how woeful he is, hes been one of our better players.

Hes an attacking player he has scored 6 goals or so in his entire career that is appaling for an attacking player of any description, contrast that to arsenals new centre half vermaelen who scored his fifth of the season yesterday

People on here have such a love in with shite players at times wake up Jonas is crap there is no point in having a winger who cant pass cross shoot score or create anything

I think people are in love with **** players because we've got a **** squad.  Unless you want us to support Arsenal?

Reducing every player to how many goals and assists he gets is a little silly, IMO.  Everyone knows what Jonas offers the team and we seem to play better with him in it than without him.

Hes an attacking player he has scored 6 goals or so in his entire career that is appaling for an attacking player of any description, contrast that to arsenals new centre half vermaelen who scored his fifth of the season yesterday

People on here have such a love in with s**** players at times wake up Jonas is crap there is no point in having a winger who cant pass cross shoot score or create anything

He's the only player we have in midfield who streches defences, yes his end product may not be great but he gets into good areas and has actually got a few assists this season.

Jonas on the left wing > Any other player we have on the left wing

nobody can disagree with that. But hey, those fingers must be pointed at someone

Are you saying that because the alternatives are worse we shouldn't be pointing out his faults and poor games? What ridiculous logic.

Jonas is being used as a scapegoat for a bad result it seems. The people i'm arguing with aren't pointing out his flaws with much objectivity here, they're basically saying he's s*** and shouldn't be in the side

He shouldn't be in the side cos we're totally unbalanced whenever we play 4-4-2 (to a lesser extent when Taylor's on the wing). You can get away with it if Jonas is on his game cos you can just pump all the play down the left hand side with him and Enrique, but if he's playing shit - like the other day - then we've got absolutely nothing on the wing.

No, behind the front two, obviously. Where he scored a hat-trick in his last outing.

Smith, Taylor, Guthrie, Nolan. That's what was played against Ipswich bar Guthrie in for Butt (an obvious improvement).

It doens't rely on Nolan tbh, there are other options; there's a few in our squad who i reckon could do a really good job in what's pretty much an undefined 'free' role. I'd mix and match with him and Lovenkrands in all honesty. That's the only sort of position i can see Lovenkrands having any sort of effect given the bruising opposition and - plain and simply - the way we play football. He's far too slight play effectively in a 4-4-2, especially when we're playing long ball for large sections of the game (and if he's playing upfront with a striker who can't take down aerial balls). If he's withdrawn with a bit more of a free role, lingering around the box, arriving late, hassling defenders and making short passes in and around there - he can have a greater effect. Lovenkrands is the type of player who should piss all over this league. Just (like so many) need to play him to his strenghts.

It's not far off the system Keegan implemented really.

We've used it once and annihilated the respective opposition, ffs. You just said you preferred the way we played against Ipswich. I'm not saying it IS the Keegan formation, i'm saying it's similar. Plus it's the Championship and with two big men up top - who are good - you're onto a winner, as we've quite obviously proven. With a withdrawn player who can cause havoc and score goals, it's the best formation we can provide when we've got horribly inconsistent wing play.

Guest palnese

I cant believe people are actually saying he shouldnt be in the side with the other options we have available. Im astonished to be honest.

Guest Roger Kint

I cant believe people are actually saying he shouldnt be in the side with the other options we have available. Im astonished to be honest.

What an inspirational defence of his talents. I would play him purely as we have nothing else for that wing but i will be damned if that means i should pretend he can kick a football.

The other option is not playing 4-4-2, and playing the formation that has seen our best and most convincing performance of the season.

Guest icemanblue

Ryan Taylor, Geremi, Nicky Butt or even a wide playing Guthrie keeping Jonas out of the side would basically be madness

Truth. People need to have someone to complain about, though.

He was obviously looking disinterested on Saturday because he was doing his best to make sure he didn't get injured. Argentina have some pretty damn important games coming up next week, and if he does well he knows he'll cement a place at the World Cup.  Not condoning that one bit, in fact, I was rather annoyed by it.

Oh, wait, what am I talking about? He's got long hair, hasn't he? FUCKING SHITE USELESS PUFF!!

We've used it once and annihilated the respective opposition, ffs. You just said you preferred the way we played against Ipswich. I'm not saying it IS the Keegan formation, i'm saying it's similar. Plus it's the Championship and with two big men up top - who are good - you're onto a winner, as we've quite obviously proven. With a withdrawn player who can cause havoc and score goals, it's the best formation we can provide when we've got horribly inconsistent wing play.

Using Ipswich is pointless as they are crap and bar 10 minutes we were average. We also played that system for most of the previous 2 matches and we looked toothless, we were much better on Sat when Nolan dropped back to CM.