I propose an alternative form of "protest" - one I'm shall take up myself anyway

Guest Howaythetoon

Guest Howaythetoon

The plan: To take our seats as usual and sing our hearts out for the lads and our club none stop for 90 minutes without mentioning Ashley, Keegan, Wise or whoever else. Protest all you like before and after the match or even during half-time if you may but during those 90 minutes show the watching world what is truly the most important thing to us and that the likes of Ashley, the media or whoever will never ever undermine our support for our football club nor our unconditional devotion and love for the club.

Like many of you I've put myself through the emotional spin over the last week or so going from one cycle to another. I have considered every option. Boycotting the match, arriving late, leaving early, turning my back on proceedings for 90 minutes, shouting and screaming none stop abuse at Ashley and co and even jacking it all in until they are far removed from our club.

But fuck it, as I've said all along the badge is what I support, not individuals and the badge is far bigger than the players, managers, owners, directors and even the fans and we must put our own feelings aside where the owner and directors are concerned and give it our all in the name of our club.

What a way to stick two fingers up to those that doubt us, mock us, laugh at us, fuck with our emotions, write crap about us, try to put us down, those that lie to us, those that do wrong by us and our beloved club. Fuck them all I say and go to our ground, YES OUR GROUND, and sing year hearts out for the badge, for YOUR TEAM.

I will.

Hopefully I'll see some of you there doing the same.

Howay the lads!

I hate to put a dampener on thing's but its not our ground its Ashley's he owns it and we have to pay him to enter. And at the moment I do not wish to line his bulging pockets anymore. I will just watch our team on TV and listen on the radio.

Guest Howaythetoon

I hate to put a dampener on thing's but its not our ground its Ashley's he owns it and we have to pay him to enter. And at the moment I do not wish to line his bulging pockets anymore. I will just watch our team on TV and listen on the radio.

Wrong, the City of Newcastle Upon Tyne owns the land on which St. James' Park sits on.

Guest Howaythetoon

Kevin Keegan is Newcastle United.

He is or was a big part of the club and always will be, but he is and never will be Newcastle United. WE ARE!

He is or was a big part of the club and always will be, but he is and never will be Newcastle United. WE ARE!

except over this issue, and to me it is fundamental to what this club is about.

/signed  :clap:

Guest Howaythetoon

I'm not knocking any of the other protest ideas put forward or anything like that but as far as I'm concerned they won't actually achieve anything other than the continued exposure of fan unrest which the media and I dare say many fans themselves will soon tire of if and when nothing really changes which is the likely result if we are to be honest with ourselves.

My own personal opinion is that to remove Ashley and co would require fans to boycott matches (even then there are no guarantees) which I would be more than up for if there was a sizable number also up for it too, but it seems quite obvious that fans are not (rightly or wrongly) up for boycotting games.

Everything else being mooted won't make any discernible difference in my opinion. In short boycotting merchandise, Sports Direct and hurling abuse Ashley's way will not remove him or indeed his cronies if that is the true goal of these protests and fanzine/fansite campaigns.

How long do fans protest for and to what aim anyway?

On reflection the many ideas put forward all seem well intentioned but mainly reactionary with no real clear cut goal of any kind.

Guest Howaythetoon

We aren't United though.

We are actually, we all support the same club if not the same ideas and issues where our club are concerned.

We aren't United though.

We are actually, we all support the same club if not the same ideas and issues where our club are concerned.

So we're not united then.

Guest afternoonfix

The plan: To take our seats as usual and sing our hearts out for the lads and our club none stop for 90 minutes without mentioning Ashley, Keegan, Wise or whoever else. Protest all you like before and after the match or even during half-time if you may but during those 90 minutes show the watching world what is truly the most important thing to us and that the likes of Ashley, the media or whoever will never ever undermine our support for our football club nor our unconditional devotion and love for the club.

Like many of you I've put myself through the emotional spin over the last week or so going from one cycle to another. I have considered every option. Boycotting the match, arriving late, leaving early, turning my back on proceedings for 90 minutes, shouting and screaming none stop abuse at Ashley and co and even jacking it all in until they are far removed from our club.

But f*** it, as I've said all along the badge is what I support, not individuals and the badge is far bigger than the players, managers, owners, directors and even the fans and we must put our own feelings aside where the owner and directors are concerned and give it our all in the name of our club.

What a way to stick two fingers up to those that doubt us, mock us, laugh at us, f*** with our emotions, write crap about us, try to put us down, those that lie to us, those that do wrong by us and our beloved club. f*** them all I say and go to our ground, YES OUR GROUND, and sing year hearts out for the badge, for YOUR TEAM.

I will.

Hopefully I'll see some of you there doing the same.

Howay the lads!

I salute you my friend.

Kevin keegan , would run through walls for the fans at this club

Mike Ashley, would run through  the pockets of fans at this club.

I'm sorry like, but you do realise he's taken the huff, gone and left us to it, don't you?

took a stand as a principled man...

Kevin keegan , would run through walls for the fans at this club

Mike Ashley, would run through  the pockets of fans at this club.

I'm sorry like, but you do realise he's taken the huff, gone and left us to it, don't you?

took a stand as a principled man...

Maybe, maybe not, but you certainly can't say he'd "run through walls" for us.