I propose an alternative form of "protest" - one I'm shall take up myself anyway

Guest Howaythetoon

Kevin Keegan is Newcastle United.

Kevin keegan , would run through walls for the fans at this club

Mike Ashley, would run through  the pockets of fans at this club.

I'm sorry like, but you do realise he's taken the huff, gone and left us to it, don't you?

took a stand as a principled man...

Maybe, maybe not, but you certainly can't say he'd "run through walls" for us.

so i take it by default, you agree, MA would run through your pockets?

I'm sorry like, but you do realise he's taken the huff, gone and left us to it, don't you?

so principled he told the nation he had control over comings and goings.........when he knew he didn't.

No. ???

so principled he told the nation he had control over comings and goings.........when he knew he didn't.

at the time, he was being told he would have.

Guest Howaythetoon

The way I now feel is that if I join the hordes of fans protesting or whatever I will feel they've won, they've broke me and my support for Newcastle United. Well fuck that, I'll be damned if anyone or anything will get in the way of me enjoying or trying to enjoy Saturday and what I feel is my duty to get behind the team as best as I can, as a supporter. I won't be joining any pre or post match protests either because I shall be getting drunk which I work hard all week to be able to do on my days off - to enjoy myself. Again, fuck them.

No. ???

why didnt you highlight that then, and pull me on it?

you obviously have an anti keegan agenda, its the only explanation.

No. ???

why didnt you highlight that then, and pull me on it?

you obviously have an anti keegan agenda, its the only explanation.

Ok  ???

Guest Howaythetoon

Btw, I support anyone who feels they have to protest regardless of what form that comes in, boycotting matches even. I just won't be part of any, although believe you me I'll feel total empathy on Saturday in regards to what will go on around and inside the ground but I've made up my mind now and made a pact with myself not to allow myself to be broken by these bastards.

Btw, I support anyone who feels they have to protest regardless of what form that comes in, boycotting matches even. I just won't be part of any, although believe you me I'll feel total empathy on Saturday in regards to what will go on around and inside the ground but I've made up my mind now and made a pact with myself not to allow myself to be broken by these bastards.

very honourable, you have better control of your anger, than i have of mine. Apathy, though, will be taken by Ashleys cronies, as acceptance of what they are doing....

Guest Howaythetoon

very honourable, you have better control of your anger, than i have of mine. Apathy, though, will be taken by Ashleys cronies, as acceptance of what they are doing....

I know but there is not an awful lot I myself can do about that or anything really.

at the time, he was being told he would have.

and how do you know this ?

The plan: To take our seats as usual and sing our hearts out for the lads and our club none stop for 90 minutes without mentioning Ashley, Keegan, Wise or whoever else. Protest all you like before and after the match or even during half-time if you may but during those 90 minutes show the watching world what is truly the most important thing to us and that the likes of Ashley, the media or whoever will never ever undermine our support for our football club nor our unconditional devotion and love for the club.

Like many of you I've put myself through the emotional spin over the last week or so going from one cycle to another. I have considered every option. Boycotting the match, arriving late, leaving early, turning my back on proceedings for 90 minutes, shouting and screaming none stop abuse at Ashley and co and even jacking it all in until they are far removed from our club.

But f*** it, as I've said all along the badge is what I support, not individuals and the badge is far bigger than the players, managers, owners, directors and even the fans and we must put our own feelings aside where the owner and directors are concerned and give it our all in the name of our club.

What a way to stick two fingers up to those that doubt us, mock us, laugh at us, f*** with our emotions, write crap about us, try to put us down, those that lie to us, those that do wrong by us and our beloved club. f*** them all I say and go to our ground, YES OUR GROUND, and sing year hearts out for the badge, for YOUR TEAM.

I will.

Hopefully I'll see some of you there doing the same.

Howay the lads!

:clap: brilliant post. Sums up exactly what iv been thinking and trying to put across in a couple of posts on here, but failed miserably in comparison to that. Well done to you sir

I know but there is not an awful lot I myself can do about that or anything really.

you are wrong. protest, will alert Ashley, that his customers arent happy, he will have to cosider his intentions at the club....sell or invest...or keep pissing the fans off, devaluing his investment....protest will force this issue.

I hate to put a dampener on thing's but its not our ground its Ashley's he owns it and we have to pay him to enter. And at the moment I do not wish to line his bulging pockets anymore. I will just watch our team on TV and listen on the radio.

Because Ashley/the club do not receive any sort of money for the broadcasting of TV and radio commentaries?

It is nigh on impossible to continue to support the club without lining the pockets of its owners.

Support the 11 on the pitch (even Duff and Smith if we have to) and continue to got to the games. Even buy a replica shirt if you want (but get it from JJB or your local sports shop). The club already have the money from the shirts unless they are bought from the club shop. Boycotting these will have no impact on the money going to Ashley.

Don't drink in the bars in the ground, don't shop in Sports Direct - this will hit the owners in the pocket without hurting what is important.

Its often said that a club could reduce its ticket price by 50% on cup nights as they would recoup the lost revenue through additional food and drink sales. Use this to your advantage.

you are wrong. protest, will alert Ashley, that his customers arent happy, he will have to cosider his intentions at the club....sell or invest...or keep pissing the fans off, devaluing his investment....protest will force this issue.

pretty sure he'd take more notice of people shouting "ashley out","sack the board"etc from inside the ground than more empty seats. it also means our fans can then back their team and not look like a bunch of fickle tarts in the eyes of the nation.

Question for centrepaddock.

If Asley doesn't ever sell up, are you never going again?

i think he will sell, the first chance he gets of making a sizeable profit.

how much would be sizeable ? presumimg i ake it you think that was his scheme all along.

(before answering just think how much his original outlay would have made in bonds,gilts or just sitting in lloyds)