How long does it take?

Dave

I think this issue of communication is a massive red herring, can't see what the club could have said throughout this whole episode that (a) people would have accepted as the truth, and (b) would have made us feel any better.

That's the way I see it too.

What's been said by all parties has been so twisted by the media and fans that I don't blame them for keeping quiet.  Provided they are making progress and we get the right man eventually then I don't care how long it takes or whether they leak pointless shortlists to the media (who, according to our friend on Sky Sports earlier, can no longer get any info out of the club)

So because we won't believe them, it's ok for them to say nothing ? It's not OK in the slightest FFS. I would love to see that one work in a court of law, the prosecution makes it's case paints a pretty bad picture, then the judge tells the defence it's their turn, but they  say " oh the jury wouldn't believe us, so we'll not bother".

It's about respecting your customer base (since we seem to be talking about NUFC as a business now more than a football club), those senior members of the board have shown zero respect for the customers since this whole episode has blown up.

No it's not ok for them to say nothing.  I want to hear from them just as much as anyone else, but like I said, rightly or wrongly, they must be seeing everything they say twisted so I can understand why they've decided to keep quiet.

As it happens I haven't heard a great deal from the man who "would do anything for the Newcastle fans" either and I want to hear from him just as much as the club so we might finally find out what happened, because we still don't know and that for me is far more frustrating then the lack of news about a new manager after a few days.

I agree, I wish KK had said a little more but he is under no obligation whatsover to do so, but the club does have an obligation to it's supporters and at the momemt in time it's showing them complete contempt.

I think this issue of communication is a massive red herring, can't see what the club could have said throughout this whole episode that (a) people would have accepted as the truth, and (b) would have made us feel any better.

What's been said by all parties has been so twisted by the media and fans that I don't blame them for keeping quiet.  Provided they are making progress and we get the right man eventually then I don't care how long it takes or whether they leak pointless shortlists to the media (who, according to our friend on Sky Sports earlier, can no longer get any info out of the club)

So because we won't believe them, it's ok for them to say nothing ? It's not OK in the slightest FFS. I would love to see that one work in a court of law, the prosecution makes it's case paints a pretty bad picture, then the judge tells the defence it's their turn, but they  say " oh the jury wouldn't believe us, so we'll not bother".

It's about respecting your customer base (since we seem to be talking about NUFC as a business now more than a football club), those senior members of the board have shown zero respect for the customers since this whole episode has blown up.

No it's not ok for them to say nothing.  I want to hear from them just as much as anyone else, but like I said, rightly or wrongly, they must be seeing everything they say twisted so I can understand why they've decided to keep quiet.

As it happens I haven't heard a great deal from the man who "would do anything for the Newcastle fans" either and I want to hear from him just as much as the club so we might finally find out what happened, because we still don't know and that for me is far more frustrating then the lack of news about a new manager after a few days.

I agree, I wish KK had said a little more but he is under no obligation whatsover to do so, but the club does have an obligation to it's supporters and at the momemt in time it's showing them complete contempt.

Agreed.  :thup:

I see what you're saying, but I just think the club would think there is nothing to be gained by commenting every few days, because of the reasons I've mentioned (as well as the media treatment they might get).

There were official statements when anything was official, don't see the need for much else.

On the countary their's everything to be gained, their reputation with the majority of fans is about as low as you can get right now. Any statement that explains their actions over the last few weeks could only possibly help fight their case. They can't really suink too much lower but there is a long way to rise.

The official statements were faceless, incomplete and spoke not to the fans but to the media and lawyers.

The thing is though:

- they said that discussions were ongoing with KK, then we all went and said 'oh, he's already walked', or 'he's been sacked' or 'they're just working out his compensation', or 'they're giving Wise the sack and backing KK' ad infinitum. They said what was happening, and we speculated wildly anyway.

- they said when KK had resigned, and that they had tried to work it out, the we all sided with KK and said he had been 'forced out'. They said what had happened and we speculated wildly anyway.

- even down to Hughton saying 'training has gone well', then you going 'oh I don't believe that, maybe it wasn't a disaster but I doubt he would say if it was anyway'.

So what's the point in saying anything more? It's a classic no-win situation for the club, the only thing that matters is who the manager is, when he's appointed.

I don't know which alternate universe you are living on but there was geniune hope after the first statement, coupled with the one from KK via the LMA. That he may still be our boss, only some of the more cynical were talking about "it's just lawyers working out a compensation deal"

The reason for all the speculation is a direct consequence of them not being complete with their statements, not explaining the situation throughly, not coming out and having the guts to face the public.

That's all it boils down to, it's about showing respect to the fans and dsiplaying a strength of character to be prepared to fight for what you believe in. If they really think this DOF system is the way forward, then tell us why, tell us what they are looking for in a manager, tells us why KK  was chosen to spearhead it originally and why he was wrong to leave the system. Lets hear their side of the story, is that really too much to ask ?

I see what you're saying, but I just think the club would think there is nothing to be gained by commenting every few days, because of the reasons I've mentioned (as well as the media treatment they might get).

There were official statements when anything was official, don't see the need for much else.

On the countary their's everything to be gained, their reputation with the majority of fans is about as low as you can get right now. Any statement that explains their actions over the last few weeks could only possibly help fight their case. They can't really suink too much lower but there is a long way to rise.

The official statements were faceless, incomplete and spoke not to the fans but to the media and lawyers.

The thing is though:

- they said that discussions were ongoing with KK, then we all went and said 'oh, he's already walked', or 'he's been sacked' or 'they're just working out his compensation', or 'they're giving Wise the sack and backing KK' ad infinitum. They said what was happening, and we speculated wildly anyway.

- they said when KK had resigned, and that they had tried to work it out, the we all sided with KK and said he had been 'forced out'. They said what had happened and we speculated wildly anyway.

- even down to Hughton saying 'training has gone well', then you going 'oh I don't believe that, maybe it wasn't a disaster but I doubt he would say if it was anyway'.

So what's the point in saying anything more? It's a classic no-win situation for the club, the only thing that matters is who the manager is, when he's appointed.

I don't know which alternate universe you are living on but there was geniune hope after the first statement, coupled with the one from KK via the LMA. That he may still be our boss, only some of the more cynical were talking about "it's just lawyers working out a compensation deal"

The reason for all the speculation is a direct consequence of them not being complete with their statements, not explaining the situation throughly, not coming out and having the guts to face the public.

That's all it boils down to, it's about showing respect to the fans and dsiplaying a strength of character to be prepared to fight for what you believe in. If they really think this DOF system is the way forward, then tell us why, tell us what they are looking for in a manager, tells us why KK  was chosen to spearhead it originally and why he was wrong to leave the system. Lets hear their side of the story, is that really too much to ask ?

I'll agree with you one that one. The longer they leave it to say something, anything, that explains what really happened, even if it shows them 100% in the right, the harder it will be for anyone to believe them.

I would have thought that the short (and a bit puerile) statement was just a quick one to get the 'facts' across while the long winded one was being typed up.

I think it's quite sensible to have a cooling off period. After Keegan walked out there was mass hysteria, and most people here didn't even want to discuss anyone else as a replacement. I said a few days back that a preiod without a manager will give the arseholes a chance to see how stupid it is to let a club drift.

Unfortunately because of the recent turmoil, it's not a great time for a new guy coming in. it makes sense to let everyone cool off, get their counter-productive, ill-thought out protests out of the way, then we can look to move forward hopefully.

So the eight days were spent thinking (unsuccessfully) of ways to get Keegan back.

I wonder if they've even discussed anyone else yet. :rolleyes:

Would you have preferred they didn't try to get KK back first?

Looks to me like it was a waste of time, seeing as they failed. The point is they've left it this long and STILL failed to get KK back.

So the eight days were spent thinking (unsuccessfully) of ways to get Keegan back.

Id prefer they still try even now, fuck this "its over now" shite, i want KK back at this club.

Looks to me like it was a waste of time, seeing as they failed. The point is they've left it this long and STILL failed to get KK back.

Seeing as there are two parties involved, along with their lawyers, why do you assume it is down to only one side to agree to the other's demands?

Id prefer they still try even now, f*** this "its over now" s****, i want KK back at this club.

Aye, what's to stop them talking some more? The fact that talks have taken place, would suggest that Ashley may be prepared to have Keegan back, and that Keegan may be prepared to take the job back.

Maybe i'm clinging onto the slightest of hopes, but frankly i'm finding it hard to come to terms with Keegan actually being no longer part of this club.

Seeing as there are two parties involved, along with their lawyers, why do you assume it is down to only one side to agree to the other's demands?

Because Keegan resigned? Therefore it is he who has the gripe. I've never thought Keegan was blameless in all this, but I don't think he'll have been asking the world either. And I know who I'd rather trust with the future of the club.

As I said, I just think this was a very large gamble by Ashley and it's not come through. Fair play for trying, but he should have been willing to make the changes required when going back after this long. He obviously wasn't.

Because Keegan resigned? Therefore it is he who has the gripe. I've never thought Keegan was blameless in all this, but I don't think he'll have been asking the world either. And I know who I'd rather trust with the future of the club.

As I said, I just think this was a very large gamble by Ashley and it's not come through. Fair play for trying, but he should have been willing to make the changes required when going back after this long. He obviously wasn't.

Another way of looking at this might be Ashley would like Keegan on board, but without limitless funds iwhich we are prepared to potentially write off, it just isn't worth it.

I don't see Keegan wanting 'limitless funds' though.

What do you see him wanting then?

Funds to bring in the players he needs. It's all moot now anyway, I just think it's a bit of a shit argument to say he wanted to spend like Man City. There's a massive difference between that and wanting £5m to buy Warnock or whatever.