How long does it take?

Dave

My point is why can they do it and we cannot? West Ham are no more attractive than we are, and their manager left in equally acrimonious circumstances.

Maybe there's so much quality to sift through in the applications we're having a hard time deciding who to hire.   :aww: West Ham probably didn't have that problem.

My point is why can they do it and we cannot? West Ham are no more attractive than we are, and their manager left in equally acrimonious circumstances.

I totally agree, in fact I would say West Ham are much less attractive than us, there manager left for more or less the same reason too.

I guess with the length of time it took to confirm the Colocinni deal and Jonas's eligibility, we should have had some idea that they don't like to hurry things.

My big issue at the moment is lack of communication, we've heard absolutely nothing directly from owner, MD or DOF, since he left. TBH I think that is downright disgusting, at least an attempt to repair the damaged caused by KK's departure and some official statement on progress being made should have beeen the minimum to expect by now.

I'm thinking and hoping this current "board" won't be bringing anyone in as we'll be flogged to whoever fairly soon. Hence they don't care.

Go have a read of the Ambani thread. It looks as if Ashley has made it perfectly clear ot them he's not selling.

Read it - they are not the only ones out there and there is nothing to say they won't change their mind if given encouragement - Ashley may have his fat arm bent (broken!) after tomorrow.

Not going to the game if reports are to be believed.

I'd be absolutely astonished if he turned up - even with a platoon of Gurkhas, SAS, Ninjas whatever. He strikes me as a man desperate to be one of the lads and now he's totally fucked up everything he'll be hiding away in one of his big secure houses. To be honest I'd be impressed in a way if he turned up - he'd have bigger balls than I credit it him with but it won't happen, I'm sure of that.

Perhaps they're dragging it out so all the mongs who are acting like Keegan has died can have longer to grieve.

Thats what i'm thinking, i don't imagine any manager whoever he is having not to deal with them if we hire him now.

Although, its partly Ashley's fault that he hired the one manager that you shouldn't mess with in Newcastle and then cause him to leave.

I'm thinking and hoping this current "board" won't be bringing anyone in as we'll be flogged to whoever fairly soon. Hence they don't care.

Go have a read of the Ambani thread. It looks as if Ashley has made it perfectly clear ot them he's not selling.

Where in that thread does it look as if Ashley has made it perfectly clear ot them he's not selling? Dont tell me you were taken in by the aborted Rick'roll.

I think this issue of communication is a massive red herring, can't see what the club could have said throughout this whole episode that (a) people would have accepted as the truth, and (b) would have made us feel any better.

That's the way I see it too.

What's been said by all parties has been so twisted by the media and fans that I don't blame them for keeping quiet.  Provided they are making progress and we get the right man eventually then I don't care how long it takes or whether they leak pointless shortlists to the media (who, according to our friend on Sky Sports earlier, can no longer get any info out of the club)

Dave is future boy, makes it handy for placing bets.

His forum consciousness runs seven days faster than everybody else's so that he can effectively purge idiots and edit thread titles before the rest of us even knew they existed.

:lol:

I think this issue of communication is a massive red herring, can't see what the club could have said throughout this whole episode that (a) people would have accepted as the truth, and (b) would have made us feel any better.

What's been said by all parties has been so twisted by the media and fans that I don't blame them for keeping quiet.  Provided they are making progress and we get the right man eventually then I don't care how long it takes or whether they leak pointless shortlists to the media (who, according to our friend on Sky Sports earlier, can no longer get any info out of the club)

So because we won't believe them, it's ok for them to say nothing ? It's not OK in the slightest FFS. I would love to see that one work in a court of law, the prosecution makes it's case paints a pretty bad picture, then the judge tells the defence it's their turn, but they  say " oh the jury wouldn't believe us, so we'll not bother".

It's about respecting your customer base (since we seem to be talking about NUFC as a business now more than a football club), those senior members of the board have shown zero respect for the customers since this whole episode has blown up.

So because we won't believe them, it's ok for them to say nothing ? It's not OK in the slightest FFS. I would love to see that one work in a court of law, the prosecution makes it's case paints a pretty bad picture, then the judge tells the defence it's their turn, but they  say " oh the jury wouldn't believe us, so we'll not bother".

It's about respecting your customer base (since we seem to be talking about NUFC as a business now more than a football club), those senior members of the board have shown zero respect for the customers since this whole episode has blown up.

I see what you're saying, but I just think the club would think there is nothing to be gained by commenting every few days, because of the reasons I've mentioned (as well as the media treatment they might get).

There were official statements when anything was official, don't see the need for much else.

I think inferring any 'lack of respect' is an overly dramatic interpretation that some people have put on this issue.

They've not even acknowledged we're looking for a replacement ffs.

I think you can assume they want a manager though.

Not if Wise is going to be given the job...

Why hasn't ANYONE said ANYTHING about a new manager? It's a fucking joke.

I see what you're saying, but I just think the club would think there is nothing to be gained by commenting every few days, because of the reasons I've mentioned (as well as the media treatment they might get).

There were official statements when anything was official, don't see the need for much else.

On the countary there is everything to be gained, their reputation with the majority of fans is about as low as you can get right now. Any statement that explains their actions over the last few weeks could only possibly help fight their case. They can't really sink too much lower but there is a long way to rise.

The official statements were faceless, incomplete and spoke not to the fans but to the media and lawyers.

I think you can assume they want a manager though.

Not if Wise is going to be given the job...

Why hasn't ANYONE said ANYTHING about a new manager? It's a f***ing joke.

Dave man, you're a bastion of common sense nowadays. It's absolutely crazy isn't it ? Have we even seen an official announcement that Hughton is in temp charge ?

I guess the programme notes tomorrow will be interesting reading, they've surely got to write something of note in there ?

Dear Dave,

We are looking for a replacement. Will update you as and when we appoint someone.

Cheers,

Mike

That do?

It'd be a start. As things stand it's just ridiculously amateurish. Fits in with the rest of the statements though I guess.

On the countary their's everything to be gained, their reputation with the majority of fans is about as low as you can get right now. Any statement that explains their actions over the last few weeks could only possibly help fight their case. They can't really suink too much lower but there is a long way to rise.

The official statements were faceless, incomplete and spoke not to the fans but to the media and lawyers.

The thing is though:

- they said that discussions were ongoing with KK, then we all went and said 'oh, he's already walked', or 'he's been sacked' or 'they're just working out his compensation', or 'they're giving Wise the sack and backing KK' ad infinitum. They said what was happening, and we speculated wildly anyway.

- they said when KK had resigned, and that they had tried to work it out, the we all sided with KK and said he had been 'forced out'. They said what had happened and we speculated wildly anyway.

- even down to Hughton saying 'training has gone well', then you going 'oh I don't believe that, maybe it wasn't a disaster but I doubt he would say if it was anyway'.

So what's the point in saying anything more? It's a classic no-win situation for the club, the only thing that matters is who the manager is, when he's appointed.

No it's not ok for them to say nothing.  I want to hear from them just as much as anyone else, but like I said, rightly or wrongly, they must be seeing everything they say twisted so I can understand why they've decided to keep quiet.

As it happens I haven't heard a great deal from the man who "would do anything for the Newcastle fans" either and I want to hear from him just as much as the club so we might finally find out what happened, because we still don't know and that for me is far more frustrating then the lack of news about a new manager after a few days.