End the season already

ShearMagic

I don't really see how people can still be positive.

Although, I've slept on it, and there's only been 4 games of the season, so with a good run we're still every chance.

Will we manage a good run though? :(

every chance of what, avoiding relegation?

4 games in and people are giving up ... unbelievable!  Keegan's timing was ass, but the good thing is that there are another 34 games before the last whistle of the season.  There's plenty of time to recover and I am confidently we'll rebound nicely.

Is it really surprising that we lost today, given all the circumstances?  Not really ... what's bad about the loss is that it's three points we should have taken easily, under normal circumstances.  If only we the last two fixtures were swapped around!  Anyway, bad losses are a part of any season - the key is to make sure we don't have too many, if any, more of these.

The players are obviously not immune to what's been happening and it will have affected them more than the fans, albeit in a different manner.  Once this transition period blows through, our squad is good enough to make a serious run at a UEFA spot, I have no doubt about it.

Keegan's not the end all be all of this club, although reading this forum, you definitely wouldn't know it.  Assuming the Board appoint the right manager this time - one who can work within Ashley's desired structure, can motivate players, has a sound tactical acumen, and can get the club playing attacking and entertaining football - and this whole ugly episode will be a distant memory by the end of the season.

to do anything this season we'll have to spend in January, which probably wont happen, there's your answer

this is gonna be an avoid going down season at best mate, "doing something" is on the bus to another city along with his friend "enjoyment"

slog time i'm afraid

nah, you're wrong pal, dead wrong

to be in contention for going down in this league you have to be the shitest of the shite, getting beat off Hull at home etc

to do anything this season we'll have to spend in January, which probably wont happen, there's your answer

this is gonna be an avoid going down season at best mate, "doing something" is on the bus to another city along with his friend "enjoyment"

slog time i'm afraid

nah, you're wrong pal, dead wrong

to be in contention for going down in this league you have to be the shitest of the shite, getting beat off Hull at home etc

Zing!

Although, I've slept on it, and there's only been 4 games of the season, so with a good run we're still every chance.

every chance of what, avoiding relegation?

I suppose.

I used to think 'it's only a game - get over it', but the way things are structured in this country- politically, socially, and crucially - economically, means that the role our club plays in the city region is way more important than other clubs.

It's the focus for our regional identity, global reputation, and civic pride, and as such plays a huge part in the overall health of the region.

And the fact that a bunch of Southern cvnts have come in to asset strip our valuable commodity is nothing short of criminal.  There was a Conservative party think-tank report recently which advocated that we should all move to London, 'cos the North is fucked.  And why is it fucked? Because, the powers that be in this country have concentrated everything in the South East corridor.  There was also a report recently which highlighted that the Regional Development Agencies set up to address economic decline have done fuck all other than send a bunch of pompous over-important tossers around Europe in costly junkets.  Given this backdrop, the club assumes greater significance in the region. 

The current state of affairs is probably a worse-case scenario come true.  If it wasn't for our two universities and our night-time economy, we'd be fvcked completely, due simply to our geographical position.  If we had any serious ambitions about devolution, things would be slightly better, but the fact is that decisions made outside the region by a bunch of upper middle-class dilettantes who see us as non-priority.

The shambles at the club just reinforces this, as does the tone on the media - how many times do I have to see some illiterate harpy interviewed by the Southern media as being representative of the entire region.  It's a fvcking disgrace

Yesterday's no-show by the board was an admission of guilt for me, and no, I don't think the season is over - its' only just begun.  Make no mistake, Ashley is here for one reason, and one reason only - to make a killing from the club.  He is a shameless, vulgar businessman, who does not care about our club - and the fight starts now to get the fat cvnt out.

i was predicting the hull result through the week,( cant be bothered to quote myself.)seemed obvious to me the players wouldnt be focused.

This has the feel of 78, and 88 all over it.

To all those sheep, sticking by Ashley, and critiscising Protesters, What DO YOU, propose as a way forward. cos although its very early in the season..i can smell the R word coming.

slog time i'm afraid

Nonesense, lets not get stupid ok, we had massive injury problems, ones no club could cope with.  Yes we still should have beaten Hull, but lets face it our luck was also injured yesterday...

Martins, Gutierrez, Beye, Viduka, Enrique, Barton, Duff, Smith

Get most of those players back and we've got a good team and a good squad, one that will not be troubled even by the thought of relegation.

The atmosphere was weird yesterday I didn't enjoy sitting in it.  When the final whistle went everyone just seemed to accept it and walk away with a glumm look on their faces.    I think  we've been dished up to many disappointments over the last few years and dont have the ability to channel our support.  Its been a slow death with Souness, Roeder & Allerdyce all having a stint charge.

I dont think there is much left NUFC fans can give.

slog time i'm afraid

Nonesense, lets not get stupid ok, we had massive injury problems, ones no club could cope with.  Yes we still should have beaten Hull, but lets face it our luck was also injured yesterday...

Get most of those players back and we've got a good team and a good squad, one that will not be troubled even by the thought of relegation.

Not bad first team but going by yesterday we obviously havent got a good enough squad

slog time i'm afraid

Not bad first team but going by yesterday we obviously havent got a good enough squad

big squad or not, if the players are disillusioned, disorganized, disheartened, going through the motions, it only ends up in one place.. seen it before.

Hows that?  We had 8 first teamers missing (yes we all hate Smith but I'd play him ahead of Ameobi), that's something almost no squad in the league could cope with.  Its the same amount of missing players that's fucked up Manures start to the season..  So yeah I agree our squad isn't good enough to cope with losing 8 first team players but that doesn't make it not good enough full stop IMO.

Guest Brewcastle

I've slept on it too. My conclusion is; there's only been 4 games of the season - and even in that short time Ashley, Wise and Llambidas have achieved to fuc** up things that bad....

Hows that?  We had 8 first teamers missing (yes we all hate Smith but I'd play him ahead of Ameobi), that's something almost no squad in the league could cope with.  Its the same amount of missing players that's fucked up Manures start to the season..  So yeah I agree our squad isn't good enough to cope with losing 8 first team players but that doesn't make it not good enough full stop IMO.

I agree about the injuries but we seem to have this all the time, what I meant was that we havent got reasonable cover in all positions, we have to play players out of position, eg LB RB RW