"Cockney Mafia Out"

Stu

oh don't be stupid.

Day to day involvement means what it says.

Both their managers have complained about having nobody providing proper day to day involvement at the sharp end.

You're the one being stupid, I'm arguing against them operating from London you mong.  :lol:

oh don't be stupid.

Day to day involvement means what it says.

Both their managers have complained about having nobody providing proper day to day involvement at the sharp end.

You're the one being stupid, I'm arguing against them operating from London you mong.  :lol:

u-turn tastic

Guest Howaythetoon

The banner slogan and the manner in which it was unfolded so to speak was very clever, it captured the sentiment of fans aptly and hit the right spots with the media hence the applause from all around the ground and the coverage it has had. The actual message didn't say "fuck off cockneys" though it said "this is OUR club, fuck off outsiders" and I think it was also a dig at the southern press too. The use of "cockneys" I did consider to be crass in a way especially at the time, but entirely harmless on reflection.

Having said that the average opinion of those from the south here in Newcastle isn't very complimentary just like the average opinion of those from the North from southerners isn't either - not within the context of football anyway, which will always fuel such images of outsiders in the most un PC way possible and damn right too.

Those showing some pseudo angst over the use of "cockney" I wonder how they feel about the mackems on derby day or just in general....

As for the views that this banner somehow lead to our defeat or played a part in it, have a word.

More power to the FANS who created that banner and stood up to be counted and to anyone who cares that strongly about their football club.

I dont think it did any harm, i just find the sentiment absurd when you take account of the joy that would occur if an Indian businessman took over. They are outsiders but would be better than cockneys? ok.

Its just not very well thought through, a bit like the boycotting of concessions.

Woohoo! Let's blame the fans for it all!

Aye, knew that would happen.

Footballers being paid thousands shouldn't be put off by any anti Ashley songs or a banner. I've said it before. We can't just accept a horrible little man like Dennis Wise having so much say in what happens at the club.

Some of the songs detracted from supporting the team, but people are passionate and frustrated and need to tell certain people what they think of them.

We lost the game yesterday because the squad isn't strong enough to cope with so many players out. One of the very points Keegan tried to make before his departure.

One of the 'sad attention seekers ' carrying the banner was keith barrett ,someone you lot would probably deride as an 'uberfan' - oh i forgot ,he hasn't missed a game home or away for nigh on 30 years and for a lot of this time he lived in Bristol.

and that makes him right ?

I'm pretty sure Keith loves this club and is genuinely unhappy about the current farce. Don't think he was merely attention seeking.

One of the 'sad attention seekers ' carrying the banner was keith barrett ,someone you lot would probably deride as an 'uberfan' - oh i forgot ,he hasn't missed a game home or away for nigh on 30 years and for a lot of this time he lived in Bristol.

and that makes him right ?

and someone who has supported the club for 5 minutes knows better I take it ?

Guest Howaythetoon

I dont think it did any harm, i just find the sentiment absurd when you take account of the joy that would occur if an Indian businessman took over. They are outsiders but would be better than cockneys? ok.

Its just not very well thought through, a bit like the boycotting of concessions.

If you analyse it like a spreadsheet then it will come across as absurd Chez.

Analyse it as a fan - it works.

Look at it like a fan - it works.

Put yourself in their shoes - it works.

For me anyway and I was genuinely one of those that thought the "cockney" aspect was crass because my potential future brother-in law who used to work at SJP and views himself as an adopted Toon fan/Geordie is a cockney, as are some of my friends and some of our former greats and potentially future greats.

I'm in no doubt someone somewhere looked at that message and thought "thick neanderthal jordies" though...

For me anyway and I was genuinely one of those that thought the "cockney" aspect was crass because my potential future brother-in law who used to work at SJP and views himself as an adopted Toon fan/Geordie is a cockney, as are some of my friends and some of our former greats and potentially future greats.

I'm in no doubt someone somewhere looked at that message and thought "thick neanderthal jordies" though...

Why would i need to put the words 'cockney' or 'mafia' into a spreadsheet to analyse them? :lol:

What has where they come from got to do with anything? Why are they a 'mafia'? :lol: I find it bizarre, thats all.

I'll ask again as no one dares to address it; if the Indian bloke bought the club and we wanted him out (inevitable given the history we have with Shepherd, Mckeag, Westwood etc) would drawing attention to his origins make any sense?

Guest Howaythetoon

Why would i need to put the words 'cockney' or 'mafia' into a spreadsheet to analyse them? :lol:

What has where they come from got to do with anything? Why are they a 'mafia'? :lol: I find it bizarre, thats all.

I'll ask again as no one dares to address it; if the Indian bloke bought the club and we wanted him out (inevitable given the history we have with Shepherd, Mckeag, Westwood etc) would drawing attention to his origins make any sense?

Because you're looking at it with total and utter rationale Chez like you would a spread sheet. I actually agree with you in ways, but I can see it for what it is/was or in a different way, which is two long suffering blokes who feel for their club wanting to send a message to the owners, fellow fans and the media without it being lost. It was the standout banner and message of the day so they succeeded and again fair play to them for it.

You'd think they had killed a cockney, put his head on a spike and said down with cockneys the way some have went on over this.

Take note.

You don't need to demonstrate against me again because I have got the message. Any further action will only have an adverse effect on the team. As fans of Newcastle United you need to spend your energy getting behind' date=' not me, but the players who need your support.[/quote']