"Cockney Mafia Out"

Stu

"record attendance at the city of manchester stadium...."

and SJP was half empty according to the BBC.

I trust we'll annoy them with emails for this s***.

Aye, they went really overboard with that. We were 2,100 down on capacity, with over 50,000 there. 96% full. Ooooh, so rubbish! :rolleyes:

There's no way there was over 50k in SJP yesterday.  I sit in the East Stand and I could plainly see swathes of empty seats in the Milburn which is the biggest stand in the ground.  They've inflated the figures.

Do they just count ALL the season tickets (as they are pre-sold) as 'attending', then just add in tickets sold and away team tickets sold, to get the total?

Otherwise, I agree, the figure looks very wrong.

Not usually, I think they use numbers through the gates. It looked pretty full to me, but I don't sit in the best place to judge the whole ground.

This moral high horseness about regionalism makes me fucking sick.

Football is (or should be) about tribalism. That's where the passion comes from. Fans have the "right" to "hate" mackems, cockney's, scousers and mancs etc, etc and the idea that its is somehow an embarrasment is the biggest load of shit I've ever read on here.

The pedantism of saying "Well actually Ashley's from Buckinghamshire" is petty - apart from the fact that most of the vitriol as far as I can tell is directed at Wise and LLmabias who are cockneys anyway.

Did any of the pedants ever object to Bobby Robson being referred to as a geordie?

This moral high horseness about regionalism makes me f***ing sick.

Football is (or should be) about tribalism. That's where the passion comes from. Fans have the "right" to "hate" mackems, cockney's, scousers and mancs etc, etc and the idea that its is somehow an embarrasment is the biggest load of s*** I've ever read on here.

The pedantism of saying "Well actually Ashley's from Buckinghamshire" is petty - apart from the fact that most of the vitriol as far as I can tell is directed at Wise and LLmabias who are cockneys anyway.

Did any of the pedants ever object to Bobby Robson being referred to as a geordie?

:clap:

People have to ask themselves why they support the toon....

most of them its because they are from the Area...

Football is (or should be) about tribalism. That's where the passion comes from. Fans have the "right" to "hate" mackems, cockney's, scousers and mancs etc, etc and the idea that its is somehow an embarrasment is the biggest load of s*** I've ever read on here.

:clap:

People have to ask themselves why they support the toon....

most of them its because they are from the Area...

Im not from the area and Ive been asking myself that for years

I would also clarify that I don't agree with Bobby about Geordies running/managing the club. The same argument goes for players - I would like to see locals in the team but not at the expense of success. I don't care where the manager or owner comes from but in this case I'd argue that what people object to is the club being run "from" London as much as the personnel involved. A role as defined in the "fact" statement demands day to day hands on involvement and I dunno - actually going to the fucking matches.

Football is (or should be) about tribalism. That's where the passion comes from. Fans have the "right" to "hate" mackems, cockney's, scousers and mancs etc, etc and the idea that its is somehow an embarrasment is the biggest load of shit I've ever read on here.

Aye, thank God for someone sensible, though I'm quite happy with anyone from anywhere in the world being a mag.

http://www.nufcsingapore.com/nufc.jpg

Pathetic attitude that led to meaningless and mindless hooliganism and violence. Tribalism is fine as long as it doesnt involve hatred and the threat of violence. I say that and what follows in the light that i celebrate my regional identity, am proud of my roots and am very knowledgeable on local economic and cultural history as its a passion of mine. You can refer to Bobby as a geordie as its a celebration of the identity, not using it to set a negative sterotype. If thats the line you want to cross however; i hope you see the irony of you defending the rights of passionate tribalism and despising those who passionately believe in God? Mind-blowing irony in fact.

If you hate cockneys, then presumably you must detest the germans and the french, I mean why would you hate someone who at least shares your own cultural heritage as an englishmen and not hate everyone outside of your country ?

Come on lets face it, if the differences between a geordie and a cockney are that great you 'hate' them, then the differences that exist between geordies and frenchmen must have your blood boiling beyond comprehension? The next time we face Metz, i presume you'll be frothing at the mouth ready to murder one of them? 

And if you dont like anyone from outside the region (and HATE them) i presume you wouldnt be bothered if some cunt killed them all and took away their human rights like the Chinese?

At what point does your view of the world say 'ok, i dont mean i really hate them, i actually do respect people's right and foreigners are great, life is really about having a wonderful mix of backgrounds and races all that stuff about 'hate' is just a way of expressing my anger about a situation i know very little about'?

So try and apply some of that wonderful logic you apply to threads about religion to this issue and come back with a defence of the coherence of what you are saying. I'm hoping you'll come back saying that 'thats football there is very little logic to what people feel and think about the differences between ourselves which becomes the focal point for an expression of energy and emotion'.

"Hey everyone we are anti-cockney but dont worry we love Indians!!!" Brilliant strategy.

Surely a much more poignant and specific message would have been 'Wise, Llambias, Jimenez (deleted / add as appropriate) Out!" Then people could have chosen which ones they supported, i know its not snappy but at least it doesnt look small-minded.

Why is cockney relevant to this?

Yes, violence and hooliganism was stated. Oh no, that was you. Get a grip.

Read the post or dont respond. If its a little bit too complicated for you, ask a teacher to explain what its trying to say. Dont waste my time if you dont have the brains to understand what is being said.

Read the post or dont respond. If its a little bit too complicated for you, ask a teacher to explain what its trying to say. Dont waste my time if you dont have the brains to understand what is being said.

I'll do just that big brains.

Very unlike yourself to come across as a patronising know it all mind.

I'm talking to NJS and was told to get a grip by someone who didnt even read past the first line of my post and mis-reprsented the point i was making.

Fuck off. I didnt want to abuse you or him directly so i pointed that out instead. This time i didnt bother.

I'm talking to NJS and was told to get a grip by someone who didnt even read past the first line of my post and mis-reprsented the point i was making.

f*** off. I didnt want to abuse you or him directly so i pointed that out instead. This time i didnt bother.

That's the spirit.

Why don't you beat me unconscious next time you see me, I clearly deserve it.

f*** off. I didnt want to abuse you or him directly so i pointed that out instead. This time i didnt bother.

That's the spirit.

The best non-sequitur i've ever seen on here. You clearly have no intention of engaging on any of the points made.

Why the fuck did you think I put "hate" in quotes - I didn't mean it from a pro-violence point of view - I mean it from a rivalry point of view.

One of the points I make when arguing about religion is that I recognise how human some of the elements in it are no matter how irrational and yes the same thing does apply to football. Maybe I've come across as suggesting I'd be happier if everybody was cold and logical about life but that's not the case. People are emotional animals and I'd like to see a decent balance between rationality and irrationality. Pointing out the differences in people because of their height or place of birth might be daft but it's so part of what makes us human as to be inseparable.

If you want me to be cold and rational about our board then I can be - they have failed completely in their task to strengthen the squad and to run the club. However that does not prevent me from saying that I have always despised Denis Wise because he is an odious human being and yes there is a tribalistic element in that which I don't give a fuck if you look down your nose at me  for.

Pathetic attitude that led to meaningless and mindless hooliganism and violence. Tribalism is fine as long as it doesnt involve hatred and the threat of violence. I say that and what follows in the light that i celebrate my regional identity, am proud of my roots and am very knowledgeable on local economic and cultural history as its a passion of mine. You can refer to Bobby as a geordie as its a celebration of the identity, not using it to set a negative sterotype. If thats the line you want to cross however; i hope you see the irony of you defending the rights of passionate tribalism and despising those who passionately believe in God? Mind-blowing irony in fact.

If you hate cockneys, then presumably you must detest the germans and the french, I mean why would you hate someone who at least shares your own cultural heritage as an englishmen and not hate everyone outside of your country ?

Come on lets face it, if the differences between a geordie and a cockney are that great you 'hate' them, then the differences that exist between geordies and frenchmen must have your blood boiling beyond comprehension? The next time we face Metz, i presume you'll be frothing at the mouth ready to murder one of them? 

And if you dont like anyone from outside the region (and HATE them) i presume you wouldnt be bothered if some c*** killed them all and took away their human rights like the Chinese?

At what point does your view of the world say 'ok, i dont mean i really hate them, i actually do respect people's right and foreigners are great, life is really about having a wonderful mix of backgrounds and races all that stuff about 'hate' is just a way of expressing my anger about a situation i know very little about'?

So try and apply some of that wonderful logic you apply to threads about religion to this issue and come back with a defence of the coherence of what you are saying. I'm hoping you'll come back saying that 'thats football there is very little logic to what people feel and think about the differences between ourselves which becomes the focal point for an expression of energy and emotion'.

"Hey everyone we are anti-cockney but dont worry we love Indians!!!" Brilliant strategy.

Surely a much more poignant and specific message would have been 'Wise, Llambias, Jimenez (deleted / add as appropriate) Out!" Then people could have chosen which ones they supported, i know its not snappy but at least it doesnt look small-minded.

Are you saying:“Patriotism varies, from a noble devotion to a moral lunacy”

Why the fuck did you think I put "hate" in quotes - I didn't mean it from a pro-violence point of view - I mean it from a rivalry point of view.

One of the points I make when arguing about religion is that I recognise how human some of the elements in it are no matter how irrational and yes the same thing does apply to football. Maybe I've come across as suggesting I'd be happier if everybody was cold and logical about life but that's not the case. People are emotional animals and I'd like to see a decent balance between rationality and irrationality. Pointing out the differences in people because of their height or place of birth might be daft but it's so part of what makes us human as to be inseparable.

If you want me to be cold and rational about our board then I can be - they have failed completely in their task to strengthen the squad and to run the club. However that does not prevent me from saying that I have always despised Denis Wise because he is an odious human being and yes there is a tribalistic element in that which I don't give a fuck if you look down your nose at me  for.

But plenty of people have expressed plenty of hatred in this thread and as ever, there are some who would take the attitude too far, hence the blokes at the top of the club cant actually attend the game through threat of...... ?

Tribalist attitudes left unchecked led to some serious violent situations in the past, i dont see why regionalism needs to come into this. That attitude is pathetic and small-minded in my opinion, you go for your life though, its a free country.

I think i preferred it when you werent 'cold and logical' about the board as then i wouldnt be reading things like the sqaud is weaker. Smaller doesnt mean weaker.

And if you hate Dennis wise then surely banners should read 'Wise out' as its a hatred of him as a person?

That's the spirit.

The best non-sequitur i've ever seen on here. You clearly have no intention of engaging on any of the points made.

Clearly I don't.

And you can stick your secateurs up our arse son.

And if you dont like anyone from outside the region (and HATE them) i presume you wouldnt be bothered if some c*** killed them all and took away their human rights like the Chinese?

Are you saying:“Patriotism varies, from a noble devotion to a moral lunacy”

:lol:

I might be  :shifty: