Public meeting

Dave

I am sure these groups were not actively campaigning against the club but certain people. The people who wanted Shepherd out are they classed as anti-Newcastle United? The fans who sang sack the board to McKeag were they also actively campaigning against Newcastle United? As the two posters who actually went to the meeting  have made it clear the unofficial Supporters Club is not about Ashley.

In which case, why does it want to create it's own merchandise which would in effect take money from the club?

it doesn't, like

I am sure these groups were not actively campaigning against the club but certain people. The people who wanted Shepherd out are they classed as anti-Newcastle United? The fans who sang sack the board to McKeag were they also actively campaigning against Newcastle United? As the two posters who actually went to the meeting  have made it clear the unofficial Supporters Club is not about Ashley.

In which case, why does it want to create it's own merchandise which would in effect take money from the club?

it doesn't, like i've said after the top table spoke it was an open floor, everyone was free to speak and put there point across, while the conversation was about Ashley one person(out of nearly 300) suggested that we could create merchandise, programmes to hit Ashley in the pocket.  Like i've already said nothing was written in stone or agreed.

It was suggested in a open forum thats how these things work. It is hardly going to be multi-million pound industry is it, a few t-shirts at most maybe. It is up to individual to decide how they spend there money if they want to buy something from 1892 range that is fine, if someone wants to buy a t-shirt from unofficial supporters club that is upto them.

So why even bother then? If the profits go towards cheaper away day travel if you go with those, then brilliant...can't see it though.

You've lost me now mate,  why do you think we shouldn't bother and away travel never got mentioned by anyone at the meeting.  If you live local i suggest you get along to the next meeting and see for yourself what we are trying to get off the ground.

So why even bother then? If the profits go towards cheaper away day travel if you go with those, then brilliant...can't see it though.

You've lost me now mate,  why do you think we shouldn't bother and away travel never got mentioned by anyone at the meeting.  If you live local i suggest you get along to the next meeting and see for yourself what we are trying to get off the ground.

Sorry, that was in reply to the spence.

I am sure they would have a product range of about 4/5 t-shirts and get about 100 of each printed.

If we are told that not buying burgers from inside the ground isnt going to affect the club, there is no way a handful of t-shirts is going to even come close to appearing on the radar.

If they end up protesting on the telly with their anti- owner t-shirts they'll be very much on the radar. Any potential investors won't have missed that flashing across their news screens I'm pretty certain.

Sorry, that was in reply to the spence.

To which post?

I am sure they would have a product range of about 4/5 t-shirts and get about 100 of each printed.

If we are told that not buying burgers from inside the ground isnt going to affect the club, there is no way a handful of t-shirts is going to even come close to appearing on the radar.

If they end up protesting on the telly with their anti- owner t-shirts they'll be very much on the radar. Any potential investors won't have missed that flashing across their news screens I'm pretty certain.

From what I have read in this thread, this isnt about being anti-owner so any merchandise wont have any reference to that on it.

Sounds like your trying to group these lads in with the SSN mongs and that blatanty is not the case.

Sounds like they are a bunch of people trying to undo what those idiots have done to the club. That cant be a bad thing can it ?

Likewise it wouldn't of went unnoticed our team got beat 2-1 at home by one of the relegation favorites.

From what I have read in this thread, this isnt about being anti-owner so any merchandise wont have any reference to that on it.

Sounds like your trying to group these lads in with the SSN mongs and that blatanty is not the case.

Sounds like they are a bunch of people trying to undo what those idiots have done to the club. That cant be a bad thing can it ?

Robster your spot on,  In an ideal world i imagine the ultimate goal would be to be a powerful organisation that could get some sort of fan representation on the board, is that possible?  who knows.  But the main point of this as far as i could make out is to give Newcastle Supporters an organisation that gives the fans a voice,  if something big happens at the club, the media can contact the group for opinion, not the shoe waving idiots with the bed sheets.

The 5 man panel includes the Editors of the Mag and True Faith, at least one of which was responsible for the poster campaign "No more Geordie cash for Ashley". I would say their organised campaign was made both loud and publicly against the club owner. I just wonder how such a group will be viewed by any potential investor?

The 5 man panel includes the Editors of the Mag and True Faith, at least one of which was responsible for the poster campaign "No more Geordie cash for Ashley". I would say their organised campaign was made both loud and publicly against the club owner. I just wonder how such a group will be viewed by any potential investor?

Impossible to know how they may view it to be honest. All down to the personality of the potential buyers.

As far as the the editors of the mag and true faith, my reading into the meeting is that they have done what they wanted to do, made their voices heard, had their protest, now this is about moving on and how to do things in the future for the benefit of both the fans and the club.

I am sure its not all about how they are going to go about their next protest.

Did anyone mention ascertaining the facts before making any judgements? You know, on broad issues that affect the club's future.

Insulted black people & talked about building a multi-million pound distribution network of unofficial gear, is the jist so far.

Did anyone mention ascertaining the facts before making any judgements? You know, on broad issues that affect the club's future.

Insulted black people & talked about building a multi-million pound distribution network of unofficial gear, is the jist so far.

:lol:

Impossible to know how they may view it to be honest. All down to the personality of the potential buyers.

As far as the the editors of the mag and true faith, my reading into the meeting is that they have done what they wanted to do, made their voices heard, had their protest, now this is about moving on and how to do things in the future for the benefit of both the fans and the club.

I am sure its not all about how they are going to go about their next protest.

as far as i can see, the only moving on they are doing is concerning themselves, whether it is giving themselves a voice or creating their own merchandise.

The club itself is up for sale, the players disheartened with no managerial appointment imminent because the owner wants to get out. Did anyone at the meeting discuss the next step to solving these problems?

Raising money to buy a local club for local people. Admirable stuff.

[quote author=Big TRon link=topic=56250.msg1499883#msg1499883 date=1221607862

as far as i can see, the only moving on they are doing is concerning themselves, whether it is giving themselves a voice or creating their own merchandise.

The club itself is up for sale, the players disheartened with no managerial appointment imminent because the owner wants to get out. Did anyone at the meeting discuss the next step to solving these problems?

Sorting out the club itself is Mike Ashley's job. Hopefully he is doing it. He hasnt done a very good job of it since Keegan resigned.

There is not a single thing the fans can do that can actually correct the clubs problems at the minute.