The official Fat Fred Out campaign

Guest ToonFanNorway
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It'll be interesting to see if NE5/Leazes posts about it on here. Somehow I doubt it...

Will give his stock answers re: 5th best, signing England players, etc. if he does and will ignore what SBR said. Would be my guess.

It'll be interesting to see if NE5/Leazes posts about it on here. Somehow I doubt it...

Will give his stock answers re: 5th best, signing England players, etc. if he does and will ignore what SBR said. Would be my guess.

Not sure where you get that idea from tbh!

most of that has been posted before, and shows why most people are upset with shepherd. if anyone hasn't read it i'd strongly recommend they do! of course some will say RObson had lost his marbles and that is why shepherd had to step in to run the club  :roll: if he was abusing his power like that with one of the best and most respected managers in Europe, god knows how he's acted with Souness and Roeder in charge.

Guest pedros-mighty-chin

Might I ask what you expect to happen if Shepherd quit? Do you who want him out have an alternative or is it more of the usual "we are NUFC and we intend to shoot ourselves in the foot; its our right".

Souness was sacked as was SBR and SBR was paid until the settlement was agreed. Its obviously the same for Souness.

Seriously some of you need to join the real world. Think

1. Roeder gives FS a list of players he wants and presumably priorities - thats his job.

2. Its FS's job to negotiate price, personal terms etc - IF the player is interested. If he isn't or we cannot afford him we don't get him. Players often do a U turn - happens.

3. I think its obvious Roeders defensive choices didn't want to join us. If you think he didn't try you are naive. The club stopped public transfers some time ago.

4. Yep we bought a striker, Martins, got Sibierski free, picked up Duff, recalled Milner, borrowed Rossi; all positive. Why - Amoebi is a cripple (who should have had a hip operation in the summer, Owen breaks a foot then there is his knee, Luque is a no show for some reason.

Add to this our regular crippling injury list and long term sick notes (Dyer) and perhaps you might get an idea of the problems faced trying to put a team together with a degree of balance, players in their proper position and performing at more than their usual 50%.

The best Chairman in the world can buy the greatest player on the planet but unless he clicks with the team plan he is not going to perform.

The best manager in the world can dream up the finest tactics for the 11 best players in the world and they can still lose.

Neither Roeder nor FS fall into these categories so without effort from players on the park the team is stuffed.

One good thing Souness did was sell Bellamy who the Liverpool fans are beginning to se as a liability. Roeder off loaded more expensive dead wood but he couldn't complete the job during the World Cup affected summer transfer window. He has January to look forward to. Get it fixed by then or we are probably going to struggle. I say probably because were were not far off 12 additional points.

Regarding FS and his finances.  The club is worth 100 million - FS's share is about 29 million. He takes about 500k for his work and buys shares with the money. He could invest the 29 million in the NZ bond market at 7% (govt bonds) and not bother with the problems of chairing NUFC. Would any of you do the job for free? Of course you would, you are altruists. He has been buying shares to strengthen his position to keep Toon independent, whereas the Halls want to sell.

I have an excuse for not going to games. I cannot afford the 12000 mile weekly round trip. But I regularly get reports of the quality of our away support - not too much about home support though; but home attendances for European games says it all. Poor.

All is not well but regularly noted knee jerk reactions are pointless. If you want to get answers get a committee of concerned fans, get a petition and get an interview with FS.

Above all remember the old Chinese curse - "May you get what you wish for".

I'm afraid you are a mong.

You are so far wide of the mark it's unbelievable.

Guest Invicta_Toon

I would not call no Top League success since 1927 and no FA Cup Trophy since 1955 knee jerk.

your stretching things a bit far to blame FF for that FFS

and what's with all these SBR book quotes? Has it just reached the bargain bin at Lidll or summat? I read those months ago on several forums

Guest Geordiesned

:lol:

We both deleted. I have restored yours mate.

Christ, what a palaver! :lol: Anyway, I thought people on here should read it because it confirms what many of us have feared about Shepherd for a long time.

It certainly does. Even though as you say we suspected this was the type of man he is it makes me livid to actually read it.

When was this latest installment of Bobby's book released? Has it been out for a while and nobody's noticed it or is the ink still wet?

Guest The Fox

I would not call no Top League success since 1927 and no FA Cup Trophy since 1955 knee jerk.

and what's with all these SBR book quotes? Has it just reached the bargain bin at Lidll or summat? I read those months ago on several forums

Not blaming him for that at all, just stating that after years of nothing the fans have every right to complain.

Remember Freddie said we are a big club, so compare our record with the other big clubs, Arsenal, Man U, Liverpool, Chelsea, not to mention those abroad, and you will see it pales into insignifigance.

Too many fans content with any modicum of success, such as qualifying for Europe, rather than being contenders for the Premiership title.

Guest Invicta_Toon

Not blaming him for that at all, just stating that after years of nothing the fans have every right to complain.

Remember Freddie said we are a big club, so compare our record with the other big clubs, Arsenal, Man U, Liverpool, Chelsea, not to mention those abroad, and you will see it pales into insignifigance.

Too many fans content with any modicum of success, such as qualifying for Europe, rather than being contenders for the Premiership title.

well remind me how many years since 1892 NUFC have been title contenders and how many years FF has been in charge

well remind me how many years since 1892 NUFC have been title contenders and how many years FF has been in charge

Are you happy with Shepherd or just being an argumentative arse?

Guest Invicta_Toon

just a voice of reason while all those around me are losing their heads

Are you happy with Shepherd then? It's a straightforward enough question.

Guest Invicta_Toon

of course not

doen't mean i'm stupid enough to blame him for the entire history of NUFC

it's the divine right complex that some fans have - it's ridiculous

of course not

In the bit in bold The Fox makes it clear he wasn't doing that so I don't see where you're coming from.

Guest Invicta_Toon

of course not

In the bit in bold The Fox makes it clear he wasn't doing that so I don't see where you're coming from.

i'm just replying to you  :roll:

Guest Invicta_Toon

He doesn't understand plain English I'm afraid.

yeh that's it

explain what 1927 has to do with a Fat Fred Out campaing again?

of course not

i'm just replying to you  :roll:

Argumentative arse it is then  tongue.gif

so did I and I've already gave my response. Alex should have seen it as he does nowt else at work but read message boards.

EDIT. Invicta and kiwi make some good points. I dont' expect the deluded and blind to listen though.

People wanted rid of Keegan because they thought we would automatically do better with someone more "tactically astute". People wanted rid of Bobby Robson because they thought we would automatically do better. Now they want rid of the current board because they think we will automatically do better. Be careful what you wish for. Some people never learn.

As for Fox, he constantly moans on. He said we had a bad defence when Keegan was here, despite conceding less than a goal a game in 1995-96. He complains we appoint managers who are failures...despite being asked who he would appoint and what criteria he would adopt as he thinks Dalglish was underqualified, but won't give us his opinion. This is a serious question, I would like to know.

This is something thats really starting to grate one me now, the reason we are a bunch of supporters that believe we have this "divine right" is because its drummed into us by the very people who then dont deliver. Shepherd is one of the worst for bigging us up, making out we're bigger than we are and stating that its our right to win.

I no longer have the divine right mentality, Ive past it. I now see us for what we are. A mid table team who if they have a good season can scrape Europe but then do fuck all in it, as far as Im concerned this season we have no right to anything, if we escape relegation I'll be happy, owt else is a bonus.

This is something thats really starting to grate one me now, the reason we are a bunch of supporters that believe we have this "divine right" is because its drummed into us by the very people who then dont deliver. Shepherd is one of the worst for bigging us up, making out we're bigger than we are and stating that its our right to win.

I no longer have the divine right mentality, Ive past it. I now see us for what we are. A mid table team who if they have a good season can scrape Europe but then do fuck all in it, as far as Im concerned this season we have no right to anything, if we escape relegation I'll be happy, owt else is a bonus.

Strangely PP, as I know it seems I don't, but I believe in the club, I think we could be the biggest club in the world, or one of the biggest. However - realistically, lots of fans of other clubs feel the same and the fans of those clubs who do, are just very very lucky.

I have absolutely no idea who would be the right people to attempt to make the club this - I know I would have the ultimate ambition  :winking: but I also think - and have said - that staying at SJP has curtailed it anyway. We should have moved to Leazes Park.