The official Fat Fred Out campaign

Guest ToonFanNorway
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The campaign is building lads  blueyes.gif

Website up and running by the end of this week also  :thup:

and lasses thank you very much!  tongue.gif

Good news about the website  :) :thup:

I thought this part was interesting in Henry Winters article.

Talk swirls around fans' chat-rooms and City circles about a putative take-over, by the Belgravia Group, yet would Shepherd sell? Yesterday, one enraged supporter despatched a missive to Shepherd, pleading with him to leave, arguing that the chairman had wasted the legacy built up by his distinguished predecessor, Sir John Hall.

"When you took over the club you were handed the second-best team in the Premiership, a club that was looking like it was destined for greatness and you've destroyed all of that through your utter contempt for the fans and your lust for power and money," wrote Michael Foster. "You've totally failed in everything a chairman is responsible for."

It not only proves that the media are monitoring forums like this, it also shows that Open letters written to the club through websites and the like can get published if you have the right people in the media on your side!

Sir John said: "I'm very surprised and disappointed with what has happened at Sunday's defeat at Middlesbrough when, I understand, a small group of fans chanted for a small amount of time, and I believe it has been blown out of all proportion by sections of the media.

Think Sir John Hall needs to find out that it's more than just a small section of fans who aren't happy with the way the club is being run.

I've done my bit for the campaign by getting a text read out on Talksport this morning in which I called Shepherd a moron, prompting Alan Brazil to comment "it's amazing how the fans all seem to be turning on Shepherd at the minute up in Newcastle". bluebigrazz.gif

:lol:

There's some prize cunts at TALKSport like, I hate it when they are getting out-argued by someone and just cut them off.

Sir John Hall backing Shepherd strongly in the South Tyneside Shield Gazette. It's on News Now. I would link but I'm crap at technical stuff.

just sweetening him up, or more likely trying to calm us down so Belgravia don't get scared off by our militancy.

He's doing 'the decent thing', but I doubt they are his real thoughts.

Read between the lines Parkster, he is saying that the previous manager has fucked the club and that Freddy has the interests of the club at heart. He does not address the responsibility of who appoints the manager which clearly is the next question to be asked by any business when addressing its own failure. Its support of Shepherd but not exoneration.

Guest Gemmill

SJH terrified at the impact a Shepherd Out campaign will have on any bid valuation that might be in the offing tbh.  He's a top businessman and he knows as well as any of us what a fuck up Shepherd has made of the club since the job was handed over to him.

Guest ToonFanNorway

The campaign is building lads blueyes.gif

Website up and running by the end of this week also :thup:

and lasses thank you very much! tongue.gif

Good news about the website :) :thup:

I thought this part was interesting in Henry Winters article.

Talk swirls around fans' chat-rooms and City circles about a putative take-over, by the Belgravia Group, yet would Shepherd sell? Yesterday, one enraged supporter despatched a missive to Shepherd, pleading with him to leave, arguing that the chairman had wasted the legacy built up by his distinguished predecessor, Sir John Hall.

"When you took over the club you were handed the second-best team in the Premiership, a club that was looking like it was destined for greatness and you've destroyed all of that through your utter contempt for the fans and your lust for power and money," wrote Michael Foster. "You've totally failed in everything a chairman is responsible for."

It not only proves that the media are monitoring forums like this, it also shows that Open letters written to the club through websites and the like can get published if you have the right people in the media on your side!

Sorry and lasses tongue.gif

SJH terrified at the impact a Shepherd Out campaign will have on any bid valuation that might be in the offing tbh.  He's a top businessman and he knows as well as any of us what a fuck up Shepherd has made of the club since the job was handed over to him.

How clear headed of you, when all those around are losing it too....

Are Belgravia bribing the players on the basis of a massive bonus if they get rid of Freddy? Parky best placed to address such levels of paranoia tbh.

SJH terrified at the impact a Shepherd Out campaign will have on any bid valuation that might be in the offing tbh.  He's a top businessman and he knows as well as any of us what a **** up Shepherd has made of the club since the job was handed over to him.

How clear headed of you, when all those around are losing it too....

Are Belgravia bribing the players on the basis of a massive bonus if they get rid of Freddy? Parky best placed to address such levels of paranoia tbh.

It's them damn Jews again.

south shields gazette often get their stories from thompson house, so i assume the SJH article will have pride of place in today's chronic? interview by oliver no doubt.

Bingo!

By Alan Oliver, The Evening Chronicle

Sir John Hall has stepped out of the shadows to express his "surprise and disappointment" at the reaction to Newcastle United's defeat by Middlesbrough at the Riverside Stadium on Sunday.

And he while he accepts that "vast amounts of money have been wasted on players" he pledged that the club's board will get it right again.

The 73-year-old life president, who says he is "just a fan" these days, believes that Glenn Roeder should be given the time to get on with the job he started in such great style last season.

Freddy Shepherd was not available today, and no-one at the club was able to comment on the fact that the chairman's wife Lorelle was taken to hospital with a heart problem on Sunday about the same time as United were losing to Middlesbrough.

Sources at the club said Shepherd did not want to be seen attempting to win any sympathy vote.

Publicly, Sir John rarely gets involved with events at St James' Park these days, but he contacted the Chronicle today to say: "I am very surprised and disappointed with what has happened at Sunday's defeat when, as I understand, a small group of fans chanted for a short time.

"I believe it has been blown out of all proportion by sections of the media.

"Like I did before him, Freddy Shepherd has backed every Newcastle United manager in the transfer market to the limit of the club's resources.

"And, like me, he cannot legislate for what happens on the field. That is up the manager and the players.

"It is clear to me and everyone that some of the players brought by previous managers simply have not been good enough.

"In fact, our fans must look in amazement at some of the vast sums of money paid out for players who are not good enough for this football club."

Quite naturally Sir John would not name names, but there is no doubt in my mind that United wasted £20m on Jean Alain Boumsong and Albert Luque at a time when they had to pay £17m to replace Alan Shearer with Michael Owen and pay the England striker £100,000 a week to come to St James' Park.

Roeder is paying the price for this as the current manager has been unable to bring in the players he so desperately wanted in the close season.

This led Sir John to add: "Since the Halls and the Shepherds took over the club we have spent over £200m on players as well as making St James' Park into one of the best stadia in Europe, so none of our managers can say that we have not backed them.

"Now we will get it right again. We know we have to get it right.

"Like every other fan I am disappointed that we are not winning games at the moment and not scoring goals.

"We have been unlucky with injuries this season to Michael Owen, Kieron Dyer and Shay Given and our other goalkeeper Steve Harper could hardly walk the other night against Fenerbahce.

"No team can really cope with losing this calibre of player, and all this has happened as Alan Shearer retired."

It was Hall who began United's revival by bringing Kevin Keegan back to St James' Park, and since then United have brought some of the biggest names in football in Kenny Dalglish, Ruud Gullit, Sir Bobby Robson and Graeme Souness, without any of them being able to land a trophy.

Roeder is not a big name, but Sir John insists: "Glenn is one of the most honest and sincere men I have met in football and I have the highest regard for him.

"He has got Newcastle United in his heart and he feels the anguish the same as the supporters when results are not going our way.

"I am sure Glenn will get it right, but he needs the strength of the fans to get him through.

"We have also got to look at ourselves and may appoint a director of football to take some pressure off the manager and make sure we take advantage of modern technology."

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/newcastleunited/chroniclesport/tm_headline=we%2Dll-get-it-right-again%26method=full%26objectid=17983382%26siteid=50081-name_page.html

full steam ahead with the fight back. even got a sympathy story slipped into that article, though of course, "no one was able to comment" on that.

also interesting that SJH puts in a veiled dig at Freddie by saying the club may need to appoint a Director of Football, in other words, make Freddie's football role redundant.

obvious that SJH, who speaks in public very rarely, does not want any commotion to adversely affect his chance of selling his shares, so is desparately trying to stabilise the situation.

"They would, just thought that the SJH article and this are all clearly linked. Freddy is fighting back." Chix

Let the battle commence...Let loose the dogs of war!!! blueyes.gif blueeek.gif

Lets roll the fucking dice again more like....

Guest Invicta_Toon

you think FF sits in his office pondering his situation in the third person?

he's an prize idiot, not a master of existential thought

"obvious that SJH, who speaks in public very rarely, does not want any commotion to adversely affect his chance of selling his shares, so is desparately trying to stabilise the situation..." JPD

People with a financial stake in the club will pull together. I'm not in the mood to take hostages mind. blueupset.gif