Newcastle United Supporters Club

peasepud
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Have you told them this or are you going to keep on wishing?

Are you one of these people that writes to points Of View every time there's something on the telly you disagree with?

Are you one of these people who decides to go against the popular opinion whatever the topic?

Are you one of those people's who have previously posted on here under another username?

No. Ask the mods.

Why, who were you thinking of?

Any supporters club will always take time to get going and since ours is in its infancy I think people need to reserve judgment and lay of the criticism. In the meantime NUSC needs to prioritise its goals and ideas which shouldn't be more pressure on Mike Ashley in my opinion. The club is up for sale and he is actively seeking a buyer, we have to let that process happen even if it takes longer than needed or hoped because this is a critical time in the club's history. The first thing NUSC needs to do is register with supporters direct to give the group some form of legitimacy, as it stands its nothing more than a pressure group at the moment in the eyes of many.

There needs to be several polices outlined on openness, conflicts of interest, code of conduct and the roles and responsibilities of the committee need defined among other things too. These are key in establishing the structure of the group and to create a form of transparency.

Some links

http://www.supporters-direct.org/links/

But the so called NUSC is nothing like a supporters club, it's a single agenda driven vehicle of the usual self important and attention seeking suspects and in no way represents Newcastle fans.

No sane Newcastle supporter would touch it with a barge pole.

I totally agree mate, the rubbish they are releasing is further embarrasing and degrading the club, it isnt improving morale at the club or in the fans and I really wish they would just shut up!

Have you told them this or are you going to keep on wishing?

If they were doing things properly then we wouldn't have to be telling them anything because they would already have asked us. 

What was the real point in everyone signing up on their website if we aren't getting consulted, because right now it just looks like it was so they could use the numbers at some stage to add weight to their own views.

I find that committee member's statement really irritating. He's assuming that supporters are divided into two groups - those that hate Ashley and who will act to get rid of him, and those who hate Ashley but who won't take any action.

He doesn't have the wit or imagination to realise that there's another way of looking at things.

This really is just a pressure group, promoting a single view.

Difficult question, eh?

I'm not sure. I'm too busy boycotting pies to think of anything else.

Try walking and chewing gum at the same time. It's tricky but with a little practice you may get the hang of it.

Try not being such a condescending twat for once as well. You may also get the hang of that.

Why don't you just have a go at answering the question? What attitude should the NUSC take if Ashley can't find a buyer for the club?

Well I don't know until it has been put to a vote by the panel. Which at the moment is the worrying aspect because the last couple of statements are not speaking for most people at all and seem to be a bit too distanced from what everyone else is thinking.

Until these things get sorted out the organisation is going to have major problems and rightly-so.

Why don't you just have a go at answering the question? What attitude should the NUSC take if Ashley can't find a buyer for the club?

Well I don't know until it has been put to a vote by the panel. Which at the moment is the worrying aspect because the last couple of statements are not speaking for most people at all and seem to be a bit too distanced from what everyone else is thinking.

Until these things get sorted out the organisation is going to have major problems and rightly-so.

It's not the organisation we should be worrying about, though, but the future of the club.

Whether they do it democratically or not, they'll still have to take and attitude towards this new situation: a disenchanted owner who can't sell, and will no longer invest. Continued protests and boycotts will only damage the club even further, in my opinion, yet the NUSC has tied the "Cockney Mafia Out" colours so firmly to its mast that I can't see how they're going to be able to back down and compromise.

So what do you think they should do?

They should encourage supporters to go to the match and get behind the team is what they should do, of which they are still doing.

Ashley is fully aware the majority don't want him here, but if people back down on this then the message might still get across that it has now died down and people aren't bothered any more which is what they don't want. So if boycott's are to continue then they will continue. I'm fully aware this doesn't benefit the club in the short-term btw.

Here is a general question for everyone, which is a reflection on the potential buyers and the interest in the club. I understand that the answer to this question will only be known properly when the new owners takeover. However, going on what we know about the level of interest and the types of buyers out there;

Would we be better off today if we had accepted Keegan walking out and allowed Ashley to find a suitable replacement as manager than where we find ourselves today?

Here is a general question for everyone, which is a reflection on the potential buyers and the interest in the club. I understand that the answer to this question will only be known properly when the new owners takeover. However, going on what we know about the level of interest and the types of buyers out there;

Would we be better off today if we had accepted Keegan walking out and allowed Ashley to find a suitable replacement as manager than where we find ourselves today?

If Ashley can't find a buyer, then definitely yes.

Otherwise it does kind of depend on who the buyer is. But the chances of us being bought by some wedged-up billionaire eager to splash hundreds of millions on star players are looking, in my opinion, decidedly slim. So probably yes again.

Yes, the only way this situation could be improved is unless we get an owner who wants a toy, and there arent that many about. With West Ham alledegly going for £100m how attractive are we as an acquisition for an owner who wants a fashoin accessory.

What if the new owners dont re-appoint Keegan?

If Ashley can't find a buyer, then definitely yes.

Otherwise it does kind of depend on who the buyer is. But the chances of us being bought by some wedged-up billionaire eager to splash hundreds of millions on star players are looking, in my opinion, decidedly slim. So probably yes again.

And looking slimmer by the day given the utter mayhem on the financial markets and the imminent global recession.