Lets put this bluntly...

Incognito

There is no communication from the club, because that is their 'policy' (has been for quite a while now) AND . . . there is nothing to say anyway, as they are doing nothing about anything.

- It's been their policy since Llambias took over, hence why I think he's to blame.

- Surely you're basing your view that they're doing "nothing about anything" solely on the lack of information coming from the club, thus proving my point? Unless of course you've got access to the minutes of the board meetings that you'd like to tell us about?

I am basing it solely on my understanding of Human Nature. 

Ashley's.

Agree that the "tell the press nothing" thing was fun with regards to transfers, as if other teams found out about our targets then we could end up either losing out or having to pay a much higher price. It was for the good of the club that we didn't conduct our transfers on the back pages of the Chronicle.

However, we seem to have extended that vow of silence to every other matter as well. This means there's mindless speculation (And 'mindless' really is the right word) about what's gone on, and the end result that a guy who a couple of months prior was being lauded as the best owner in the land has now been hounded out of the club with absolutely no evidence that he's done anything wrong at all.

There's blame somewhere, that's for sure. But I have no idea where and if we're all honest with ourselves then none of us have any idea. We're all just guessing. In this instance, the silence to the press has NOT been good for the club as once again we're made to look like a laughing stock. The club needs to reassess it's policy regarding saying nothing, as it's really not helping matters at times like this.

I picked up on this last week when it was said that Keegan & Ashley were meeting for talks.

Do you really think the players are just going to welcome him with open arms if he just came back into training one day, all tanned from sunning it up in Spain, and just expecting things to be as they were? Not a chance. He's not only burnt his bridges with Ashley here, but with the players, and Chris Hughton. They'll feel like they've been left in the lurch by him, and I don't think they'll welcome him back as easy as the fans think.

Oh yeah. Keegan's gone for good now, even with new owners, I can't see then touching him with a bargepole, it doesn't matter if he was right to leave or not, he looks like a liability, and someone who'll make the supporters hate you if it goes wrong.

I picked up on this last week when it was said that Keegan & Ashley were meeting for talks.

Do you really think the players are just going to welcome him with open arms if he just came back into training one day, all tanned from sunning it up in Spain, and just expecting things to be as they were? Not a chance. He's not only burnt his bridges with Ashley here, but with the players, and Chris Hughton. They'll feel like they've been left in the lurch by him, and I don't think they'll welcome him back as easy as the fans think.

Spot on. :nods:

He's not coming back. Nor should he or could he.

Can we just get on with sorting this fucking mess out now please?

KK will never be back at SJP again, not under Ashley or under any owner or management.

or at any other club in my opinion. His demands are too great for run of the mill clubs, and those with the spending power he would need wouldn't want him.

What's he going to sack Wise for?

If it isn't Wise who is responsible for not improving the squad to any significant degree and leaving the team short in key areas whose is it?

Leaving Keegan completely out of the equation the recruitment policy/structure has failed to deliver and I'm sick of people on here trying to make out it has. If Keegan had left in May we'd have exactly the same squad we have now.

If it isn't Wise who is responsible for not improving the squad to any significant degree and leaving the team short in key areas whose is it?

Leaving Keegan completely out of the equation the recruitment policy/structure has failed to deliver and I'm sick of people on here trying to make out it has. If Keegan had left in May we'd have exactly the same squad we have now.

How do you work that out? ???

Sorry - I don't follow you.

Guest Howaythetoon

KK will never be back at SJP again, not under Ashley or under any owner or management.

Just keep repeating that mantra now, and keep breathing into that paper bag. In. Out. In. Out....

Do you believe he'll be back, do you want him back? I say no to both.

Just keep repeating that mantra now, and keep breathing into that paper bag. In. Out. In. Out....

I actually think yes to both. Best man for the job, and I can see it happening.

http://cr4.globalspec.com/PostImages/200801/blinkered_horse_47254CA1-A4A9-0433-FBB18583B29FA166.jpg

How do you work that out? ???

Sorry - I don't follow you.

Because they completely ignored his requests for areas of the team to be strengthened and signed who they wanted (possibly with the exception of Guthrie) - with the defined structure in place why on earth would you think they would have listened to a new manager?

Guest Alan Shearer 9

I actually think yes to both. Best man for the job, and I can see it happening.

Now I know you're on a wind up.

I'm torn really, for a while I quite liked the lack of communication with the press, especially the Chronic, which was always too matey with the old regime IMO, but we do need to know something, perhaps if this supporters' club thing flies it could be used for some sort of formalised dialogue between the club and us, as the only other way we have is....well shouting 'get the fat b****** out', which might be fun for some, but isn't very constructive.

I'm rambling/still drunk.

Cannot see this bunch communicating with the fans anymore after the hate campaign being waged at present .

And you know this for a fact, how?

Personally, i'm disappointed by the whole fucking mess.  Gutted at what has happened but would have loved KK to have been the one to help turn this lumbering club around again.

He is gone and wont be coming back. Move on.  Its for the best.

Personally, i'm disappointed by the whole f***ing mess.  Gutted at what has happened but would have loved KK to have been the one to help turn this lumbering club around again.

Of course I don't know for a fact.

But let's just pretend we worked for a company and the the Branch Manager walked away from the job because of a difference of opinion with the Area Manager. Our Team Leader has to step up and act as Branch Manager, while our customers start kicking off at the company and our morale dips, performance at work suffers as a result and we're in the firing line. Then all of a sudden 3 weeks later the old Branch Manager strolls back into the office one day with a smile on his face, all tanned up, and expects to find things as he left.

Would you seriously just welcome him back with open arms?

Personally, i'm disappointed by the whole f***ing mess.  Gutted at what has happened but would have loved KK to have been the one to help turn this lumbering club around again.

But let's just pretend we worked for a company and the the Branch Manager walked away from the job because of a difference of opinion with the Area Manager. Our Team Leader has to step up and act as Branch Manager, while our customers start kicking off at the company and our morale dips, performance at work suffers as a result and we're in the firing line. Then all of a sudden 3 weeks later the old Branch Manager strolls back into the office one day with a smile on his face, all tanned up, and expects to find things as he left.

I can see the point you are making but in my opinion it is incorrect.  I think Kegglers was doing his best for the players.  He was the one trying to sort Owens contract , he was the one that wanted to get Milner another contract. It was the wankers upstairs who were tailer their feet. 

Anyway its time to move on.  Tje clubs furture is at stake and thats bigger and more important than anyone.

But what if that Branch Manager was liked and respected by all the staff and were seriously pissed off with senior management ?

The best analogy I can think of is look at the change in performances when Souness left, and look at the change when Keegan left.

I think everyone was massively relieved when Souness went because they hated him. I think the opposite is happening now.