Tonights Support

kane2005

It's only considered a poor attendance by NUFC standards. As for any fans of other clubs, or gobsh**es in the press spouting we're not a big club nonsense, I could point out some pitiful CC attendances at other clubs in recent years. For example Man City had about 4000 v somebody in recent years and the Smogs had about 9000 v Brighton in the season they won it.

Still, i hope never to sit in such an empty shell of a St James' Park again.

Why would people still be singing for Keegan? What's the point?

Why sing about Liam O'Brien?  Andy O'Brien?  Terry Hibbert?  Alan Gowling? Alan Shearer?

Because they're our heroes and there's not much else left worth singing about.

People sing about Andy O'Brien and he's a hero ??? I'm amazed.

Attendance: 20,000 (approx)

Consider the circumstances , was that attendance really that bad?

Answer = Yes.

One thing which really bugged me tonight whilst in the ground was not seeing the young newcastle supporters , in groupd of mates dotted around the ground trying to sing songs etc , but the miserable c***s around them whinging because there singing to loud in there ears . Well , f*** off and go and watch it on the television.

People seem to forget that those young supporters are going to be the ones who keep the club going in 50/60 years time , there the future and if you see them all singing at the age of 10-14 even younger then you know were onto a winner.

Back of the Gallowgate seemed pretty busy , but full of chavers me thinks .

P.S. - PLEASE STOP SINGING ANTI ASHLEY/WISE SONGS , PLEASE STOP SINGING ONE KEVIN KEEGAN AND EIEIEIEO KEEGAN IS OUR KING AS IT IS NOT HELPING THE PLAYERS.

ASHLEY HAS OPENLY ADMITTED DEFEAT TO THE FANS

KEEGAN IS NOT OUR MANAGER , LIFE GOES ON !!

I can see your point about not singing those songs, but to be honest, i'll join in with nearly any song at home, because I'm just relieved people are actually showing any kind of passion rather than just sitting there, or whinging about people singing too loud.

Why would people still be singing for Keegan? What's the point?

Why sing about Liam O'Brien?  Andy O'Brien?  Terry Hibbert?  Alan Gowling? Alan Shearer?

Because they're our heroes and there's not much else left worth singing about.

People sing about Andy O'Brien and he's a hero ??? I'm amazed.

He scored in a derby against the makems.

Thats the only reason why.

Reason enough, I suppose.

Was working up at SJH level 7 at the game, the home fans up there (Toon Ultras?) were not singing any Ashley songs or anything, just all NUFC songs and i aplaud them. The Spurs fans were singing shit like "theres only 1 Mike Ashley" etc.

Was working up at SJH level 7 at the game, the home fans up there (Toon Ultras?) were not singing any Ashley songs or anything, just all NUFC songs and i aplaud them. The Spurs fans were singing s*** like "theres only 1 Mike Ashley" etc.

I am an 'Ultra' you could say, as I post regularly on their site. Sounds amusing admitting your an Ultra though... :lol:

I was up there, with about 10 other lads. We were singing anything we could think of that was pro-Newcastle United. The Liam O'Brien song, Joe Harvey took a holiday, Some call us Newcastle United, etc. Thought we made a decent enough atmosphere considering the amount of us, as well as those to the left in the block closest to the away fans.

My throat was killing after all that "TOON TOON" though. We must have kept it going for about 10minutes.

Was good to see so a reasonably passionate, sensible bunch up there.

Michael Owen is a s**** captain and couldn't motivate jelly to set. He really should be the one who is encouraging the lads on, but he seems like he is disinterested and only wants to be there to pop the ball away. He is not captain material.

I respect your opinion Di', but the at the end of the day, you don't have to be a shouter to be a good captain.

Shearer was an exception,  he could show them what to do by example, and could shout at them and motivate them.

Michael Owen is probably the highest quality player we have at our club, and if anyone is fit to captain us, then he has to be in with a shout. The only other person I could possibly give it to is Shay Given. Here's some reasons why;

- Given and Owen will play nearly every game

- Given has been at the club a long time

- Both have dozens of International caps

- Shay is a bit of a shouter not much, and Owen has good reading of the game

- Both have reasonable positional sense (apart from when Shay doesn't collect crosses)

- Both are experienced

- Both are players the fans look to. to show a bit of class

That's my opinion anyways, turning on Michael Owen saying he is a shite captain sounds to me like making someone other than Ameobi a scapegoat.

Michael Owen is a s**** captain and couldn't motivate jelly to set. He really should be the one who is encouraging the lads on, but he seems like he is disinterested and only wants to be there to pop the ball away. He is not captain material.

I respect your opinion Di', but the at the end of the day, you don't have to be a shouter to be a good captain.

Shearer was an exception,  he could show them what to do by example, and could shout at them and motivate them.

Michael Owen is probably the highest quality player we have at our club, and if anyone is fit to captain us, then he has to be in with a shout. The only other person I could possibly give it to is Shay Given. Here's some reasons why;

- Given and Owen will play nearly every game

- Given has been at the club a long time

- Both have dozens of International caps

- Shay is a bit of a shouter not much, and Owen has good reading of the game

- Both have reasonable positional sense (apart from when Shay doesn't collect crosses)

- Both are experienced

- Both are players the fans look to. to show a bit of class

That's my opinion anyways, turning on Michael Owen saying he is a s**** captain sounds to me like making someone other than Ameobi a scapegoat.

For me, Owen is one of the few players who is emerging with any credibility from the current debacle. He has spoke sensibly to the media and led by example on the pitch. He's never stopped running and created his own chances and half chances, nicking a couple of goals.

If a few more in the team had Owen's self belief, discipline and professional application we would be a lot higher up the table.