Tonights Support

kane2005

It wasnt a great crowd, but what did we expect. Villa only got a thousand more for a non Sky game and Liverpool only managed 28'000 against Crewe who took a big support to Anfield. The state we're in compared to those clubs, with the added impact of being on Sky and its hardly surprising.

Stop whingeing about the lack of fans - NUFC should think themselves lucky that even 20,000 turned up.

The club have taken the fans for granted for years and they deserve a pasting until they start repaying the fans' great support over the years.

People have EVERY right either to make their views about the club known, or not to turn up at all - anyone who thinks otherwise is a hypocrite because they would be the first to squeal if they got ripped-off by buying something that they considered sub-standard or a Rip-off.

I was talking to my dad last night, who's been supporting the club since 1962, and i asked him if he'd ever felt that we'd been in a worse situation than this. He said yeah, explaining a bit to me about the late McKeag era with Willy McFaul, Jack Charlton, etc - he told me that that was the only time he actually completely lost interest in the club.

But he said this was a very close second, this whole situation. To have such optimism and excitement and such a feeling of "this is it" - greater than we've had under any new manager - taken away in a flash has been very hard to take for everyone.

I think it's testimony to the fans of NUFC that it's taken 39 years (since the last trophy), for us to not be filling the house. The support is not the problem and you can fuck off if you think that.

I give a flying tbh. I was more dissappointed with the turnout tonight than the performance...

Did you honestly expect a good crowd?

Good....No.

Better than it was...Yes.

Just dissappointed because the one thing that has always been a credit to Newcastle United is it's fans. The one thing people collectively always highlight to be good about our club....and as soon as we have a month of problems, no-one turns up?

so untrue. we're a laughing stock among other fans and have been for years.

Utter fucking rubbish.  :idiot2:

Stop whingeing about the lack of fans - NUFC should think themselves lucky that even 20,000 turned up.

The club have taken the fans for granted for years and they deserve a pasting until they start repaying the fans' great support over the years.

This.

As a couple have mentioned already I was more disappointed it wasn't less. Those empty seats are a bigger protest that any shoes off waving charver could ever muster.

What have we to protest against? Not the manager, we don't have one. And as for the owner, he's selling up. There's nobody to protest at.

As a couple have mentioned already I was more disappointed it wasn't less. Those empty seats are a bigger protest that any shoes off waving charver could ever muster.

What have we to protest against? Not the manager, we don't have one. And as for the owner, he's selling up. There's nobody to protest at.

It sends out a message to the powers that be that the current situation isn't good enough. I suspect the more headlines we make in protest the more chance this has of having a swifter ending. If all was going well on the pitch and 40,000 rocked up last night Ashley would be holding out for his £400m.

Just because the clown says he is selling does not mean people should not voice and show their displeasure at the way the club is being ran.

21,541 at Villa

15,339 at Portsmouth

14,366 at Blackburn

Guess which club are getting stick for a low attendance though

Don't think we're getting stick as such they are saying the fans are showing there disgust at the minute by not turning up. You have to wait for the Sunday papers for the wind up merchants to have a go.

Guest toonlass

While the fans have some responsibility to buoy up the players, the players also have a responsibility to buoy up the fans and show they give a toss. And from what I have seen over the past three to four games from the team, they couldn't give a flying fuck! You have the likes of Given and Butt who are trying to rally the lads, but Michael Owen is a shite captain and couldn't motivate jelly to set. He really should be the one who is encouraging the lads on, but he seems like he is disinterested and only wants to be there to pop the ball away. He is not captain material. The matches since Keegan left have been flat, passionless crap from our team, and its about time that they stopped moping about and showed that there is life after Keegan too. Its not just the fans responsibility.

Guest meursault1

just out of interest, do you guys get any free cup ties with your season tickets?

at Spurs we get a measley two

Free ?? whats that then ;)

first two cup ties of the season covered by ST vouchers

this year it was krakow, then whoever the next home tie is against

supposed to get a 'refund' if we don't manage two home ties

Thought your crowd was decent. Let's be honest, it is the early rounds of the CC, nobody gives a flying fuck. I didn't go to ours last night. 20 quid to watch the reserves play QPR? Nein danke.

The reason yours is getting mentioned is purely because they get to spin it out as a boycott, whereas it was probably every bit as much people saying "I can't be fucking bothered with it", and who could blame them?

Attendance: 20,000 (approx)

Consider the circumstances , was that attendance really that bad?

Answer = Yes.

One thing which really bugged me tonight whilst in the ground was not seeing the young newcastle supporters , in groupd of mates dotted around the ground trying to sing songs etc , but the miserable c***s around them whinging because there singing to loud in there ears . Well , f*** off and go and watch it on the television.

People seem to forget that those young supporters are going to be the ones who keep the club going in 50/60 years time , there the future and if you see them all singing at the age of 10-14 even younger then you know were onto a winner.

Back of the Gallowgate seemed pretty busy , but full of chavers me thinks .

P.S. - PLEASE STOP SINGING ANTI ASHLEY/WISE SONGS , PLEASE STOP SINGING ONE KEVIN KEEGAN AND EIEIEIEO KEEGAN IS OUR KING AS IT IS NOT HELPING THE PLAYERS.

ASHLEY HAS OPENLY ADMITTED DEFEAT TO THE FANS

KEEGAN IS NOT OUR MANAGER , LIFE GOES ON !!

post of the highest quality. im in full agreement. the crowd only got going for that last corner we had. pathetic. spurs were there for the taking.

Just short of 20,000 with the game on the box, following atrocious performances, what little hope left a disappearing cloud of dust in the distance......a few thou better than I expected, I tell you.