Roeder PLEASED with performance

Guest smoggeordie

The staff who helped him were the only people he could work with while a caretaker boss. He is now full-time boss and able to choose his own staff - where is Tommy Craig, the individual often seen deep in conversation with Roeder immediately prior to substitutions, now?

As a permanent manager of Newcastle United. Roeder has won just 20% of his league games. Even Souness had a much better record as permanent manager, especially at home.

Yeah, that's just semantics.  Not statistics.  Not facts.

Semantics paint a better picture than statistics though. Perhaps you would like to read the statistics in my sig...

He's got you there Happy, 20% is diabolical. Especially in 4 months when we've played the likes of Fulham and Charlton at SJP

He'd have me if it were true.  Which it isn't.

Well I haven't checked it myself. I'm just agreeing with people who throw figures at me  :lol:

The staff who helped him were the only people he could work with while a caretaker boss. He is now full-time boss and able to choose his own staff - where is Tommy Craig, the individual often seen deep in conversation with Roeder immediately prior to substitutions, now?

As a permanent manager of Newcastle United. Roeder has won just 20% of his league games. Even Souness had a much better record as permanent manager, especially at home.

Semantics paint a better picture than statistics though. Perhaps you would like to read the statistics in my sig...

That's another thing you've got wrong, since being named permanent he's won 43% of his games.

That is from the date of Newcastle announcing that they were going to request that the PL approved his appointment. Since the PL approved his appointment, and we have been able to confirm him officially, we have won 20% of our league matches.

Hold on T27 is right. 10 league games this season, two wins. 20% success

Yeah.  That's not the only competition we're in though, and it wasn't for any previous managers.

The NUFC Premier League Managers win percentages league....

Looks like you are contradicting your own statistics...

That's another thing you've got wrong, since being named permanent he's won 43% of his games.

That is from the date of Newcastle announcing that they were going to request that the PL approved his appointment. Since the PL approved his appointment, and we have been able to confirm him officially, we have won 20% of our league matches.

You're perpetuating your stupidity.  Why is your sig only includiong premier league for Roeder but all games for anyone else?

Yeah.  That's not the only competition we're in though, and it wasn't for any previous managers.

Not at all.  I'm quoting the our most recent managers overall records, those having been managers in the premier league era. 

You're perpetuating your stupidity.  Why is your sig only includiong premier league for Roeder but all games for anyone else?

You state in your own sig that you are using Premier League statistics.

Not at all.  I'm quoting the our most recent managers overall records, those having been managers in the premier league era. 

OK, I'll forgive the ambiguity, give me a minute to find some PL statistics...

Guest Gemmill

Some planks in this thread going along with the fool.

Do you think when we lie 18th in May we'll be able to go to the Premier League and say "yeah we've finished in the relegation zone but we created loads of chances!" and they'll let us stay up?

blueyes.gif It's all about results

well you'll have to wait for results then wont you? its tough shit. We're going through a bad patch, just like @ the end of last season we went through an amaaaaayzin patch. If we're still not winning by January, then i'll be concerned.

If we're still not winning by January, we'll be completely sunk.

Some planks in this thread going along with the fool.

Do you think when we lie 18th in May we'll be able to go to the Premier League and say "yeah we've finished in the relegation zone but we created loads of chances!" and they'll let us stay up?

blueyes.gif It's all about results

well you'll have to wait for results then wont you? its tough shit. We're going through a bad patch, just like @ the end of last season we went through an amaaaaayzin patch. If we're still not winning by January, then i'll be concerned.

If we're still not winning by January, we'll be completely sunk.

I agree. I mean we waited until January with Souness and that was nearly too late. We started the season better under Souness as well. We were lucky to salvage the season then. If we wait until January this time around, it could be too late.

OK, now read the statistics for wins in the Premier League as PERMANENT manager. It is a very similar story...

Why do all the other managers get their full stats, and Roeder only gets this season?

Saying "permanent" is an obtuse and dim-witted caveat to skew the facts.

I agree. I mean we waited until January with Souness and that was nearly too late. We started the season better under Souness as well. We were lucky to salvage the season then. If we wait until January this time around, it could be too late.

We weren't exactly worrying about relegation on the last day of the season.

OK, now read the statistics for wins in the Premier League as PERMANENT manager. It is a very similar story...

Why do all the other managers get their full stats, and Roeder only gets this season?

Because it's unfair to include last season's stats. He was under no pressure and there was need for Roeder to get results as he was caretaker. No one was under any pressure whatsoever. This season we're seeing the true manager, under pressure to get it right.

Because unlike the other managers, Roeder went through a period where he was unable to make any changes to anything except team lineups, whereas other managers got to do whatever they wanted right from the start. During this period, shepherd made sure he had Tommy Craig and Alan Shearer sticking pretty close to him. Now Roeder is there on his own, things have got much, much worse.