Roeder PLEASED with performance

Guest smoggeordie

Some planks in this thread going along with the fool.

Do you think when we lie 18th in May we'll be able to go to the Premier League and say "yeah we've finished in the relegation zone but we created loads of chances!" and they'll let us stay up?

:roll: Drama queens. :roll: The performance was not bad at all on the whole. However we did become clueless after the 60 minute mark and I do think Roeder sat on his ass instead of tryin to change things. But in that first hour we did everything but score.

Guest The Fox

Does no good saying on another day this that and the other. We are talking about this day and if you cannot score at home against one of the weakest sides in the division then what chance will you have against poorer sides. Home games against Fulam, Charlton etc. are where we should be picking up points if we want to move up. We will not create those sort of chances against quality.

Squad is just not good enough on quality and depth to cover injuries and suspensions and I see us in real trouble come Xmas.

Glenn Roeder feels he could not have asked for any more from his Newcastle United players in the 0-0 home draw with Charlton Athletic.

The Magpies were booed off at St James' Park after a sixth successive game without a win in The Premiership.

Though Newcastle dominated the encounter, the hosts were unable to break down a dogged Charlton back-line.

Roeder tried to remain upbeat after the game and was pleased with the application from his players.

The Newcastle chief felt the only disappointment was failing to score in a game which leaves the club 16th in the table.

"I'm only frustrated because we haven't scored," Roeder told PremPlus.

"Don't take anything away from the performance or the effort the boys put in there.

"We're only disappointed because we haven't scored a goal from the host of opportunities we've had.

"People can spin it how they want, they can write what they want.

"I told the players they couldn't have given themselves, or the staff, or the football club any more effort at all.

"I was really pleased with them."

Link

Thats basically what every relelagtion fodder manager says after a match. Sounds like  Mcarthy or Bryan Robson wrote that for him.

Do you think when we lie 18th in May we'll be able to go to the Premier League and say "yeah we've finished in the relegation zone but we created loads of chances!" and they'll let us stay up?

blueyes.gif It's all about results

well you'll have to wait for results then wont you? its tough shit. We're going through a bad patch, just like @ the end of last season we went through an amaaaaayzin patch. If we're still not winning by January, then i'll be concerned.

well you'll have to wait for results then wont you? its tough shit. We're going through a bad patch, just like @ the end of last season we went through an amaaaaayzin patch. If we're still not winning by January, then i'll be concerned.

Have you had a look at the December fixture list? Which games do you suggest are winnable?

Have you had a look at the December fixture list? Which games do you suggest are winnable?

eh 13th December, Chelsea @ Stamford Bridge. 3 points, no problem. Gawd some people ;)

I work with about 6-7 colleagues who are West Ham fans, most of them season ticket holders. Ive asked all of them at different times why it was that Roeder took them down with the squad that they had, and amongst the differing reasons, one factor was always mentioned - West Ham had a severe lack of striking depth that season, and although they had a weak defence, they had always relied on getting goals regularly to compensate for that. An injury or two, as well as personal fallouts (Di Canio?), meant that they had no options up front, resulting in missed chances in games that could/should have been won, and thats the main reason they went down because it was happening every week.

Looking pretty familiar.

i agree with glen.

The same way you agreed with souness no doubt.

Jesus wept.

Some of the performances under Souness were the most insipid affairs I was ever unfortunate enough to witness.  Yesterday wasn't approaching the depths of awfulness under Souness.

i agree with glen.

The same way you agreed with souness no doubt.

you can fuck right off right this second. Souness was a fucking cancer and we played awful football, under Roeder we have played well without a killer punch, you're all a bunch of knee jerk twats.

Exactly.

If one of them had chested the ball into their own net you lot would be praising the performance.

As important as it is to get 3 points from these games, and as dissappointing as it is not to, you can't give your players the same slagging off irrespective of the performance.  Carrot and stick.

I'd be astonished if Roeder had slagged off any of the players after that performance.

The first half was good against a crap side, but he cant be happy with the lack of desire and foreward thinking in the second half.  And bramble shouldve made it 1-0 to them.

I think the thing that hurt us in the 2d half was frustration. Nothing we tried seemed to be working and when something did work we missed the chance.

:lol:

So it was working then, we just never put the ball away.

Player performance was good, especially in first half, and even the first 15 minutes of the 2nd half.

It was the managerial performance which was the problem. Charlton bought on the extra midfielder and sat in their own half, and let us run ourselves into the ground. On the hour, Roeder had to respond by bringing on Milner to run at people, and Luque to cause some problems from deep. We were unthreatened to the point that we could have taken off the semi-injured Parker, and the inneffectual Carr without Charlton creating openings. As soon as we got the goal, we could have then taken off Rossi and replaced him with Taylor, and hit Charlton on the counter-attack.

Roeder is an absolutely appalling manager when it comes to matchdays in the league, and should be sacked.

Roeder is an absolutely appalling manager when it comes to matchdays in the league, and should be sacked.

Roeder is statistically the best manager Newcastle have EVER had.  FACT!!

Do you lot just overreact like this to have something to chat about on here?

Statistics show that since Roeder has been permanent manager, he's been one of the worst. FACT!!

Also, Carver's 100% record must make him our best ever manager if thats the case?

I suspect that during the caretaker tenure, Roeder was getting a lot of help with his decisions from Tommy Craig and Alan Shearer. Video footage seems to suggest this.

I work with about 6-7 colleagues who are West Ham fans, most of them season ticket holders. Ive asked all of them at different times why it was that Roeder took them down with the squad that they had, and amongst the differing reasons, one factor was always mentioned - West Ham had a severe lack of striking depth that season, and although they had a weak defence, they had always relied on getting goals regularly to compensate for that. An injury or two, as well as personal fallouts (Di Canio?), meant that they had no options up front, resulting in missed chances in games that could/should have been won, and thats the main reason they went down because it was happening every week.

Looking pretty familiar.

What is it with Latins that Roeder doesn't like?, Luque and Di Canio.

Statistics show that since Roeder has been permanent manager, he's been one of the worst. FACT!!

Also, Carver's 100% record must make him our best ever manager if thats the case?

I suspect that during the caretaker tenure, Roeder was getting a lot of help with his decisions from Tommy Craig and Alan Shearer. Video footage seems to suggest this.

Carver was temporary.

Which statistics show Roeder to be the worst?

I'm basing my statement on the fact that he's won more games than any previous manager percentage wise, and he's took more of the points he's played for than any other manager (wins and draws).  He's took 63% of points, Keegan was 62% and George Martin 57%.

Part of managing is choosing your back-room staff.  He should be praised if his staff helped him do the job.  Are you saying that's a bad thing?

Carver was temporary.

Which statistics show Roeder to be the worst?

I'm basing my statement on the fact that he's won more games than any previous manager percentage wise, and he's took more of the points he's played for than any other manager (wins and draws).  He's took over 63% of points, Keegan was 62% and George Martin 57%.

Part of managing is choosing your back-room staff.  He should be praised if his staff helped him do the job.  Are you saying that's a bad thing?

The staff who helped him were the only people he could work with while a caretaker boss. He is now full-time boss and able to choose his own staff - where is Tommy Craig, the individual often seen deep in conversation with Roeder immediately prior to substitutions, now?

As a permanent manager of Newcastle United. Roeder has won just 20% of his league games. Even Souness had a much better record as permanent manager, especially at home.

The staff who helped him were the only people he could work with while a caretaker boss. He is now full-time boss and able to choose his own staff - where is Tommy Craig, the individual often seen deep in conversation with Roeder immediately prior to substitutions, now?

As a permanent manager of Newcastle United. Roeder has won just 20% of his league games. Even Souness had a much better record as permanent manager, especially at home.

Yeah, that's just semantics.  Not statistics.  Not facts.

Semantics paint a better picture than statistics though. Perhaps you would like to read the statistics in my sig...

Semantics paint a better picture than statistics though. Perhaps you would like to read the statistics in my sig...

He's got you there Happy, 20% is diabolical. Especially in 4 months when we've played the likes of Fulham and Charlton at SJP

That's another thing you've got wrong, since being named permanent he's won 43% of his games.

He's got you there Happy, 20% is diabolical. Especially in 4 months when we've played the likes of Fulham and Charlton at SJP

He'd have me if it were true.  Which it isn't.