Mike Ashley - Newcastle's best ever chairman/owner.

Benwell Lad

The prospectus values the squad at about £100 million, and crucially for the medium term, despite the frantic transfer activity of the last two seasons, the club are owed more in transfer fees than they are scheduled to pay out.

That's damn clever considering less than a couple of months ago we owed £27m net according to Ashley (and this was after Emre & Rozenhal had been sold).

A lot of the statements on here seem to be based on the premise that because he's the owner, everything that's happened must be his fault.

There was a lot that he got right. But a Chairman once said that all the decisions that he made paled into significance beside the one concerning the choice of manager. And Ashley got that wrong, at least for the plan that he had in mind.

Where he can't be blamed is for the manner and timing of Keegan's departure, which has caused so much damage. Keegan has a lot to answer for there.

Once again Bob you've got it spot on.

I loved KK and hoped it would work out, but his appointment was Ashley's big mistake. I will now never forgive Keegan for the way he walked out, sure things didn't suit him but he could have been man enough to stay with the team and fans he allegedly loved while a sensible resolution was worked on. It appears that in the days following his walkout Ashley tried everything possible to find a compromise but Keegans only concern was attempting to preserve his pay off. Hence King Kev has said nothing to enlighten those he supposedly loved.

Ashley tried everything possible to find a compromise in your mind yes, to the vast majority Ashley didnt compromise rather he refused to limit the mess caused by Derek Llambias (and possibly from Dennis Wise), putting Keegan in a situation most managers would have walked from if you dont know the many supporting facts by now that substantiate this, then your are a deluded idiot.

Others are keeping an open mind until they hear the facts which in your case you dont have any facts to back your argument other than: you support Ashley who is walking out and you hate Keegan for walking out.

Keegan (nor should Ashley but he tried and failed) cant enlighten anyone because of the legal complications, so why chastise him for that until you know the facts? The question that is still to be answered is why did Keegan leave?

Until you post your opinions based on any facts you just end up looking like youre just blindly kissing Ashleys arse.

To be fair to Ashley most people would leave if 50000 people wanted them to and threats of physical violence are involved.  Even a bloke that looks like Ashley's been attacked.  Do you expect him to bring his kids to games and sit in a stadium of 52000 people shouting abuse at him?  Keegan maybe should have walked but once Ashley came out and said he was selling he should have come back in the interim at least.  If he loved the club as much as people think he wouldn't be able to watch us fall down in this manner.  I'm not pro-ashley or anti keegan but our fans and I'm including you in this  based on your post have made us look like a bunch of retards who are living in the past.... again

I was happy with Ashley, good if only a few signings, the finances where starting to be in order and we had a decent chance of achieving something,  he should of sanctioned the deals KK wanted but I've heard many a rumour saying Keegan turned down alot of the picks Jimenez, Vetere and Wise made and we'd have made a much more significant investment had he sanctioned them.  Keegan was out of the game for too long and needed the back up on the transfer front, nothing should have went over his head but Vetere (who targets said players) is said to be one of the best scout's in the world. 

I hope this takeover goes through soon so we can put this mess behind us and hopefully the world will forget the stigma that we have that we are retards but I doubt it as we'll still have the same twats outside SJP talking about things they have no information on, mis-spelling signs and generally talking bollocks.

Guest Mucky01

A lot of the statements on here seem to be based on the premise that because he's the owner, everything that's happened must be his fault.

There was a lot that he got right. But a Chairman once said that all the decisions that he made paled into significance beside the one concerning the choice of manager. And Ashley got that wrong, at least for the plan that he had in mind.

Where he can't be blamed is for the manner and timing of Keegan's departure, which has caused so much damage. Keegan has a lot to answer for there.

I loved KK and hoped it would work out, but his appointment was Ashley's big mistake. I will now never forgive Keegan for the way he walked out, sure things didn't suit him but he could have been man enough to stay with the team and fans he allegedly loved while a sensible resolution was worked on. It appears that in the days following his walkout Ashley tried everything possible to find a compromise but Keegans only concern was attempting to preserve his pay off. Hence King Kev has said nothing to enlighten those he supposedly loved.

“Ashley tried everything possible to find a compromise” in your mind yes, to the vast majority Ashley didn’t compromise rather he refused to limit the mess caused by Derek Llambias (and possibly from Dennis Wise), putting Keegan in a situation most managers would have walked from – if you don’t know the many supporting facts by now that substantiate this, then your are a deluded idiot.

Others are keeping an open mind until they hear the facts – which in your case you don’t have any facts to back your argument other than: you support Ashley who is walking out – and you hate Keegan for walking out.

Keegan (nor should Ashley but he tried and failed) can’t “enlighten” anyone because of the legal complications, so why chastise him for that until you know the facts? The question that is still to be answered is why did Keegan leave?

Until you post your opinions based on any facts you just end up looking like you’re just blindly kissing Ashley’s arse.

To be fair to Ashley most people would leave if 50000 people wanted them to and threats of physical violence are involved.  Even a bloke that looks like Ashley's been attacked.  Do you expect him to bring his kids to games and sit in a stadium of 52000 people shouting abuse at him?  Keegan maybe should have walked but once Ashley came out and said he was selling he should have come back in the interim at least.  If he loved the club as much as people think he wouldn't be able to watch us fall down in this manner.  I'm not pro-ashley or anti keegan but our fans and I'm including you in this  based on your post have made us look like a bunch of retards who are living in the past.... again

I was happy with Ashley, good if only a few signings, the finances where starting to be in order and we had a decent chance of achieving something,  he should of sanctioned the deals KK wanted but I've heard many a rumour saying Keegan turned down alot of the picks Jimenez, Vetere and Wise made and we'd have made a much more significant investment had he sanctioned them.  Keegan was out of the game for too long and needed the back up on the transfer front, nothing should have went over his head but Vetere (who targets said players) is said to be one of the best scout's in the world. 

I hope this takeover goes through soon so we can put this mess behind us and hopefully the world will forget the stigma that we have that we are retards but I doubt it as we'll still have the same twats outside SJP talking about things they have no information on, mis-spelling signs and generally talking bollocks.

I don’t (and did not) want Keegan as the manager, but I will not be a “retard” and judge Keegan by listening to “rumours”.

Only other retards will think we are retards so that should be of no concern whatsoever. Anyone with experience of life in general should appreciate that it's vocal minorities that get attention and that they are very rarely a true reflection of the greater feelings.

There seems to be more concern as to wether we are a laughing stock than the fact that we are second bottom in the league.

However if I read my first paragraph again then the second can't be the actual situation either. What was the point in my post again?

Ashley tried everything possible to find a compromise in your mind yes, to the vast majority Ashley didnt compromise rather he refused to limit the mess caused by Derek Llambias (and possibly from Dennis Wise), putting Keegan in a situation most managers would have walked from if you dont know the many supporting facts by now that substantiate this, then your are a deluded idiot.

Others are keeping an open mind until they hear the facts which in your case you dont have any facts to back your argument other than: you support Ashley who is walking out and you hate Keegan for walking out.

Keegan (nor should Ashley but he tried and failed) cant enlighten anyone because of the legal complications, so why chastise him for that until you know the facts? The question that is still to be answered is why did Keegan leave?

Until you post your opinions based on any facts you just end up looking like youre just blindly kissing Ashleys arse.

I dont (and did not) want Keegan as the manager, but I will not be a retard and judge Keegan by listening to rumours.

I am not judging him, I am just saying if he loved the club he would have come back in the interim.

Guest Mucky01

“Ashley tried everything possible to find a compromise” in your mind yes, to the vast majority Ashley didn’t compromise rather he refused to limit the mess caused by Derek Llambias (and possibly from Dennis Wise), putting Keegan in a situation most managers would have walked from – if you don’t know the many supporting facts by now that substantiate this, then your are a deluded idiot.

Others are keeping an open mind until they hear the facts – which in your case you don’t have any facts to back your argument other than: you support Ashley who is walking out – and you hate Keegan for walking out.

Keegan (nor should Ashley but he tried and failed) can’t “enlighten” anyone because of the legal complications, so why chastise him for that until you know the facts? The question that is still to be answered is why did Keegan leave?

Until you post your opinions based on any facts you just end up looking like you’re just blindly kissing Ashley’s arse.

I don’t (and did not) want Keegan as the manager, but I will not be a “retard” and judge Keegan by listening to “rumours”.

I am not judging him, I am just saying if he loved the club he would have come back in the interim.

well he couldn’t because of the legal implications, even if he wanted to.

well he couldn’t because of the legal implications, even if he wanted to.

He had well publicised talks with Ashley where he had every chance to come back if he wanted to.  He might not have wanted to come back because he couldn't work within the structure, and that's fair enough, but it's bollocks to say he couldn't come back due to "legal implications".  He didn't come back because he chose not to in the same way as he chose to walk out.

Guest Mucky01

We don't actually know what those well publicised talks were about, do we? We can assume it was about coming back if we want.

that’s the point, we don’t know what the talks were about (“well publicised” are you kidding Edd!), what we do know are the clear contradictions in Ashley’s employment terms towards Keegan, the rest is pure speculation.

“Ashley tried everything possible to find a compromise” in your mind yes, to the vast majority Ashley didn’t compromise rather he refused to limit the mess caused by Derek Llambias (and possibly from Dennis Wise), putting Keegan in a situation most managers would have walked from – if you don’t know , then your are a deluded idiot.the many supporting facts by now that substantiate this

If you really know "the many supporting facts by now that substantiate this" then please enlighten us.

"Others are keeping an open mind until they hear the facts" does this include the mob who gathered outside SJP for days in the immediate aftermath of Keegan's departure to the embarrassment of Geordies everywhere, and the pie boycotters club.

As for the "idiot" and arse kissing remarks I'll not respond although I'm sure I could, but seeing the "dwarf" "cockney" "fat b@stard"  etc type slogans being displayed by the angry mob recently it seems hurling gratuitious insults has become your level of debating.

We don't actually know what those well publicised talks were about, do we? We can assume it was about coming back if we want.

that’s the point, we don’t know what the talks were about (“well publicised” are you kidding Edd!), what we do know are the clear contradictions in Ashley’s employment terms towards Keegan, the rest is pure speculation.

So, assuming Keegan was happy to work within the clubs structure, are you saying he still couldn't have come back for legal reasons?

Guest Mucky01

“Ashley tried everything possible to find a compromise” in your mind yes, to the vast majority Ashley didn’t compromise rather he refused to limit the mess caused by Derek Llambias (and possibly from Dennis Wise), putting Keegan in a situation most managers would have walked from – if you don’t know , then your are a deluded idiot.the many supporting facts by now that substantiate this

If you really know "the many supporting facts by now that substantiate this" then please enlighten us.

"Others are keeping an open mind until they hear the facts" does this include the mob who gathered outside SJP for days in the immediate aftermath of Keegan's departure to the embarrassment of Geordies everywhere, and the pie boycotters club.

As for the "idiot" and arse kissing remarks I'll not respond although I'm sure I could, but seeing the "dwarf" "cockney" "fat b@stard"  etc type slogans being displayed by the angry mob recently it seems hurling gratuitious insults has become your level of debating.

haha, trying to make it out that unless everyone agrees to your opinions then they are cockney hating, charver rabble – pathetic.

If you have not seen the contradicting statements Ashley has made to the media, his magazine, then you should before you make yourself anymore of an idiot.

thats the point, we dont know what the talks were about (well publicised are you kidding Edd!), what we do know are the clear contradictions in Ashleys employment terms towards Keegan, the rest is pure speculation.

So, assuming Keegan was happy to work within the clubs structure, are you saying he still couldn't have come back for legal reasons?

Of course there are no legal implications.  If you quit a job there's nothing in the law to say you can't come back.  Even if there was some sort of contract betweeen the 2 parties it could have been cancelled if both parties agreed.

Guest Mucky01

It looks like the terms offered were unreasonable to Keegan and were not to the terms of his employment, thus being a constructive dismissal and so engaging the legal stand-off.

His walking has been supported by other managers responses, saying they it would not be acceptable to them including, Curbishley, O’Neill, Ferguson, Wenger, Benitez, etc.

It looks like the terms offered were unreasonable to Keegan and were not to the terms of his employment, thus being a constructive dismissal and so engaging the legal stand-off.

His walking has been supported by other managers responses, saying they it would not be acceptable to them including, Curbishley, O’Neill, Ferguson, Wenger, Benitez, etc.

Well that's lovely to hear, but is completely irrelevant to the question which you've ignored as I suspected you would.

You said "he couldn’t because of the legal implications, even if he wanted to." and I'm saying bullshit.   Keegan isn't here because, for whatever reasons, he doesn't want to be.  True or false?

thats the point, we dont know what the talks were about (well publicised are you kidding Edd!), what we do know are the clear contradictions in Ashleys employment terms towards Keegan, the rest is pure speculation.

His walking has been supported by other managers responses, saying they it would not be acceptable to them including, Curbishley, ONeill, Ferguson, Wenger, Benitez, etc.

I'd stick to hurling insults Muck, because when you delve into employment law, frankly you sound like a bit of an idiot.

I'd stick to hurling insults Muck, because when you delve into employment law, frankly you sound like a bit of an idiot.

:lol:

Guest Mucky01

:lol:

“It is understood that Keegan's three-and-a-half-year contract contains a clause stipulating whichever party terminates the deal owes the other £2million.

Keegan, however, may argue that he has a case for constructive dismissal after finding himself unable to work alongside Wise.

Godwin Busuttil, a barrister at 5RB in London, explained: "I would guess the fault line of this argument is going to be Keegan saying, 'You Ashley/club have breached this contract first, you repudiated it by putting me in a position whereby I couldn't carry out my managerial, contractual functions.

"'You breached the contract. You put me in a position, you forced me to go. That is called constructive dismissal. Effectively, it means, I had no choice but to go'.”

That is the standing of the LMA not mine, as I am not an employment lawyer but am aware of the views of those that are, now you are – surprising really that it’s taken so long for those who call people idiots.

Guest Mucky01

Well that's lovely to hear, but is completely irrelevant to the question which you've ignored as I suspected you would.

You said "he couldn’t because of the legal implications, even if he wanted to." and I'm saying bullshit.   Keegan isn't here because, for whatever reasons, he doesn't want to be.  True or false?

the question itself is irrelevant and inapplicable because of the legal implications, Keegan and NUFC could not work together because of the legal impasse.

How is that so difficult to understand?

His walking has been supported by other managers responses, saying they it would not be acceptable to them including, Curbishley, ONeill, Ferguson, Wenger, Benitez, etc.

You said "he couldnt because of the legal implications, even if he wanted to." and I'm saying bullshit.   Keegan isn't here because, for whatever reasons, he doesn't want to be.  True or false?

the question itself is irrelevant and inapplicable because of the legal implications, Keegan and NUFC could not work together because of the legal impasse.

Do you do divorce stuff as well ?

Guest Mucky01

never back down eh, even when owned.

You said "he couldnt because of the legal implications, even if he wanted to." and I'm saying bullshit.   Keegan isn't here because, for whatever reasons, he doesn't want to be.  True or false?

Because its jibberish?

You are claiming that Keggy may have a case of constructive dismissal and this legal situation prevents him from coming back.

You have also quoted the LMA saying that this constructive dismissal centres around the management structure and Keggy being unable to work with them.

Fine (ish)

The question was 'if keggy was happy to work with the structure.....'

Rendering the legal situation redundant as there is now no constructive dismissal scenario.

Is that more legal jargon cos I don't really understand what you mean ?

We also know when Keegan started to become unhappy with the situation. Its the same time that it appeared in the press, April 08.

You remember the Chelsea outburst? The comments about how clever Mike Ashley was as 'if i said something different than previously, he would pick me up on it'?

That evidence, which is in the 'Media thread' in this very forum, suggests that the terms of his employment were not 'all of a sudden' not to his liking.

Whether those terms changed or not, one thing is clear, if the much vaunted principles of a man who professes to love the club were at stake, they were at stake in April 08 and that waiting to September 08 only served to damage the club.

That doesnt back up the view that everyone had a lovely cosy agreement that suddenly became undermined on 31st August 08.

The picture is much murkier than some simplistic analysis of media statements whose primary purpose was to sell an image of the club to the outside world.

Is that more legal jargon cos I don't really understand what you mean ?

Imagine that phrase in a courtroom.

Tom C to Jack N 'blah blah blah'

Jack N 'You want the Truth? You can't handle the truth!'

Tom C ' Never back down eh? Even when you're owned!'

(and shouldn't that be pwned seeing as we are on the interweb thingy?)