Butt

Geremi

Guthrie

Shit/Who knows?

Smith

Gonzalez

Keegan when he comes back.

One's i'd get rid of:

Duff: One decent game in 8 or so doesn't make you a premiership player. Goodbye. Let Spidey and Zog compete for the left wing spot

Butt: Getting worse by the week

Barton: Decent enough player but for me has to go for obvious reasons

Geremi: Whips in one decent cross in 5, which unfortunately makes him our second most creative player atm, when Zog gets stuck at LB

Gonzalez and Smith: The invisible man and the Shit twat.

Leaving us with the following players I deem worthy enough to keep:

Spidey: looked very promising in his first few games, loads of assists in la liga. Most important midfielder we have

Zog: On his day he's a class act. A top man manager would make him unstoppable.

Guthrie: Done canny in his first few games. Interesting to see how he'll respond to his suspension.

It's a sad, sad situation.

So, looking at our midfield:

Wingers:

Duff

Gutierrez

N'Zogbia

Central and wingers at a push:

Barton

Butt

Geremi

Guthrie

s***/Who knows?

Smith

Gonzalez

Keegan when he comes back.

One's i'd get rid of:

Duff: One decent game in 8 or so doesn't make you a premiership player. Goodbye. Let Spidey and Zog compete for the left wing spot

Butt: Getting worse by the week

Barton: Decent enough player but for me has to go for obvious reasons

Geremi: Whips in one decent cross in 5, which unfortunately makes him our second most creative player atm, when Zog gets stuck at LB

Gonzalez and Smith: The invisible man and the s*** t***.

Leaving us with the following players I deem worthy enough to keep:

Spidey: looked very promising in his first few games, loads of assists in la liga. Most important midfielder we have

Zog: On his day he's a class act. A top man manager would make him unstoppable.

Guthrie: Done canny in his first few games. Interesting to see how he'll respond to his suspension.

It's a sad, sad situation.

Christ man!! Really!

We ought to keep Barton at this point also.

And also N'Zog will never be anything else than average sorry.

Our best midfield in this team is without a doubt

Guti-Guthrie-Barton-Zog

and i think that midfield in form is better than most, problem is at newcastle they'll never reach their max potential, well at least not Barton cause hes always out getting f*****

Guest rebel_yell12

The midfield problems were clear last year, the most glaring problem last year, imo.  The back four were fairly solid under Keegan, especially once a regular four was established (how many clean sheets in the last 12 matches?  It seemed a canny few).  I think Colo will be at least to Faye's quality, once settled, so what is needed there is cover (and there was some attention paid to this in the arrival of Bassong, but at least one further cover fullback should have been brought in. 

The midfield was the weak link last year.  The best evidence for that is the new position for Owen.  It's a sad commentary on a midfield that England's best goalscorer of his generation played as the playmaker/attacking midfielder and looked  a class above the rest of the options (let's be honest, if a 4-4-2 had been possible with the squad, KK would have been unlikely to try Owen in that 4-3-3 role).  The central midfield should have been gutted in the summer transfer window, imo.  Perhaps in January it will finally happen.  Newcastle needs to replace Smith (who is more midfielder than striker, now, and crap), and Barton (horrific PR, plus he's rarely eligible).  Similarly, the club needs a top-quality replacement for Butt in the XI, who can drop to the bench.  I see Geremi has making way for Jonas, so that's already an improvement.  On the left, I think N'Zogbia & Duff will due, honestly.  Assuming Duff can learn to string a few decent matches together, and N'Zogbia learns to string together a few performances where he at least appears to give a damn.  That's really only three players need coming in and would leave Newcastle with eight midfielders in the squad (Smith's replacement, Barton's, then Duff, Zoggy, Jonas, Butt, Guthrie, & Geremi) -- although a ninth (to replace Milner) would be mint.

That OP is way too harsh in the players we should get rid of. IMO all except Smith, Butt and Duff should be persevered with, providing we add more quantity and quality on top.

The OP isn't that far off tbh.

If, and its a big if with the toon as always, we could get everyone fit we'd have a fairly competent side. One that top 4 apart I wouldn't feel too worried about. All falls down when we get the inevitable injuries and suspensions due to being wafer thin in cover.

Goalies..........more than happy with what we've got.

Back 4............Beye, Colo, Taylor (or Bassong, like what i've seen sor far), Enrique

Midfield...........Guti, Gutrie, Barton, Zog

Up front...........Owen, Martins

We've lost to some very, very ordinary sides who this lot would have matched and probably beaten.

Keep Barton??

Yup. A very, very average player who has proven unable to keep his normal (i.e. dickhead) personality in check. Yes, that's exactly what we need. a player who puts himself above his club every time,in our time of need. fucking idiots.

But king Kev loves him, he has to stay.

Guest Heneage

Keep Barton??

Yup. A very, very average player who has proven unable to keep his normal (i.e. dickhead) personality in check. Yes, that's exactly what we need. a player who puts himself above his club every time,in our time of need. f***ing idiots.

I wouldnt say Average despite his poor season he got more assits than Milner last season.

Guest Gallowgate Mag

JK on .cock saying Spiderman should be back for Man City. Good news. That's Guthrie, Barton, Beye, Enrique and Spiderman returning to the side in the next few games and by the time the international break is over the likes of Martins should only be a couple of weeks away.

Keep Barton??

Yup. A very, very average player who has proven unable to keep his normal (i.e. dickhead) personality in check. Yes, that's exactly what we need. a player who puts himself above his club every time,in our time of need. fucking idiots.

But king Kev loves him, he has to stay.

thought he stayed because the club wanted £4m and Pompey would only offer £2m up front.

As long as Butt plays in the middle and Geremi as a winger nothing's gonna chance! Barton is our best central midfielder at the moment and you'll never really know what kind of Barton will turn up when he's free to play again(hopefully not the one who he was at the beginning of the last season). We're in a desperate need of some quality in the middle in form of passing ability and creativity. What's the point of bringing of Nacho Gonzales in if he's not gonna play/given a chance? He's Uruguay NT playmaker so he can't be worse than Butt or Geremi really...maybe he's not in form or lacking match fitness but he's not going to get there unless he's given some time on the pitch!

I'd play our best possible midfield Zoggy - Barton - Nacho/Guthrie - Jonas

Guest Howaythetoon

Jonas is the only player who has the right kind of ability of all our midfielders, the rest are simply not good enough and all need either moved on or replaced in the first-team.