Shepherd's FourFourTwo interview

Syrette

What's your point? I'd say why they didn't come to us but I'd just be repeating what Baggio said earlier on in this thread.

I think it is fair to say a 10 day waiting period wasn't to blame for them not coming here.

Guest Heneage

What's your point? I'd say why they didn't come to us but I'd just be repeating what Baggio said earlier on in this thread.

I think it is fair to say a 10 day waiting period wasn't to blame for them not coming here.

Well Fred's saying we'd be fishing in the Bosman market but im saying that was a good year for Bosmans.

Well Fred's saying we'd be fishing in the Bosman market but im saying that was a good year for Bosmans.

I wasnt questioning the calibre of players per se.

Just extremely bitter at whats happening currently.

bitter ?

What for ?

bitter ?

What for ?

Hmmmm, can i enter into a legitimate debate with NE5 regarding the board??

I think i'll give that one a wide berth.  :crazy2:

bitter ?

What for ?

I think i'll give that one a wide berth.   :crazy2:

not necessarily. Only if I think you have got it wrong, but if so I'd back it up ?

The man set his team up to avoid defeat against the shittest opposition available, thats how bad Big Sam was. We were definately headed for a relegation battle under him.

Which would be the third manager in a row appointed by Shepherd whom had taken us close to getting sucked into that sort of battle.

bitter ?

What for ?

not necessarily. Only if I think you have got it wrong, but if so I'd back it up ?

Well, in a nutshell, people dont seem to have a thoroughly legitimate reason for wanting Ashley to leave after a season in charge and it boils my piss that the majority of fans who have no concrete evidence about the situation represent my views on the club on a national scale.

It seems to be generalisations, conjecture and supposition.

It just annoys me that the fans are responisible for what occuring now - when it could quite easily of been whats happening at West Ham.

bitter ?

What for ?

Well, in a nutshell, people dont seem to have a thoroughly legitimate reason for wanting Ashley to leave after a season in charge and it boils my piss that the majority of fans who have no concrete evidence about the situation represent my views on the club on a national scale.

It just annoys me that the fans are responisible for what occuring now - when it could quite easily of been whats happening at West Ham.

speaking for myself.........I wanted him out quite early on when it seemed to me that he had little understanding of football  - coupled with the fact that the direction he wanted to take wouldn't bring success as it seemed that the emphasis was on becoming a selling club rather than getting success on the field.

A handful of people saw this too. And absolutely nothing happened to ever change my mind. Thats good enough reason to want him out for me, in fact its a primary reason and the biggest reason possible probably.

This wasn't difficult to spot, having seen such a board like this in the past. Anybody else who supported the club pre-1992 would have recognised it unless they were clueless or had their heads buried in the sand.

On Sunday Supplement this morning, Rob Beasely was defending Ashley [pretty much confirming he knows him personally when quizzed by Oliver Holt] for all hes' worth, while Holt or Matt Dickinson said words to the effect that Ashley was probably the worse owner of a premiership club ever, or the worst owner that had bought a club.

You shouldn't be bitter about it, believe me, this is how it was for decades before the Halls and Shepherd walked through the door.

bitter ?

What for ?

speaking for myself.........I wanted him out quite early on when it seemed to me that he had little understanding of football  - coupled with the fact that the direction he wanted to take wouldn't bring success as it seemed that the emphasis was on becoming a selling club rather than getting success on the field.

A handful of people saw this too. And absolutely nothing happened to ever change my mind. Thats good enough reason to want him out for me, in fact its a primary reason and the biggest reason possible probably.

This wasn't difficult to spot, having seen such a board like this in the past. Anybody else who supported the club pre-1992 would have recognised it unless they were clueless or had their heads buried in the sand.

On Sunday Supplement this morning, Rob Beasely was defending Ashley [pretty much confirming he knows him personally when quizzed by Oliver Holt] for all hes' worth, while Holt or Matt Dickinson said words to the effect that Ashley was probably the worse owner of a premiership club ever, or the worst owner that had bought a club.

You shouldn't be bitter about it, believe me, this is how it was for decades before the Halls and Shepherd walked through the door.

Thats fair enough - i respect that you have a perspective on the club that i dont but i genuinely beleive that Ashley wanted the best for the club, i liked the sytem that he implemented, i liked the scouting structure that he had amassed which seemed to look beyond the major teams of the major leagues and i like the fact that he paid off more debt than he needed to, i also liked how he got rid of a lot of deadwood. I also liked the fact that he seemed to sign some good players - something we havent seen for a long time.

I acknowledge that we ended up spending very little and believe me i was ready to criticise the board for this being the case, but in my eyes the resignation of keegan threw a different perspective on the reason why we didnt acquire more players.

I am more than ready to believe in the structure. you cant call something a failure unless you have eliminated all external causes of failure.

It was Holt who said Ashley is the Premiership worst ever owner, Matt Dickinson mentioned Peter Ridsdale. Beasley did let it out of the bag that Plan A was Harry Redknapp & there was no Plan B & they sacked Big Sam because they thought they had Harry in the bag.

Guest Heneage

sorry but look at them players, all of those woulod improve us vastly.

...and he's training to become a journalist, as well. :lol:

Apologies. :lol: Am I not allowed a day off kind sir?

"GM in gay sex scandal rumours- NOL star seen buying "Accessories with muscleman" "