Shepherd's FourFourTwo interview

Syrette

highly amusing that people are all complaining about personal grudges about Shepherd, rather than lack of understanding about football as has been shown by the current owner and his men.

bluelaugh.gif

Its really just great, that all this embarrassment [for those who actually take notice of phone ins etc] has stopped since Ashley and his men have dumped us into the biggest crisis since 1977-78

I'm banking on loacal hero Shepherd to save the club rather than plough his money into some mediocre Spanish outfit near a beach resort.

Yeah, he'll bring back Bellamy and double ticket prices for cockneys.

highly amusing that people are all complaining about personal grudges about Shepherd, rather than lack of understanding about football as has been shown by the current owner and his men.

bluelaugh.gif

Its really just great, that all this embarrassment [for those who actually take notice of phone ins etc] has stopped since Ashley and his men have dumped us into the biggest crisis since 1977-78

Plenty of people have had a go at the current owner, I'm not surprised that it's gone over your head though.

whats that got to do with it being the biggest crisis in 30 years ? you just get dumber all the time.  mackems.gif

bluelaugh.gif

I'm banking on loacal hero Shepherd to save the club rather than plough his money into some mediocre Spanish outfit near a beach resort.

omg

mackems.gif

What did he threaten them with? No more "exclusives"? Fist in the gob?

No, it was John Barnwell who was on the end of those threats.

So what did he threaten him with?

Not one of the people who I was talking about.

He didn't threaten violence, although he tried to shut down websites, sue them and the papers and ban them from the club - if he didn't like what they wrote.

Obviously this had more effect locally.

bluelaugh.gif

Plenty of people have had a go at the current owner, I'm not surprised that it's gone over your head though.

whats that got to do with it being the biggest crisis in 30 years ? you just get dumber all the time.  mackems.gif

People are commenting on the things he said in his interview, giving personal opinions.

There are plenty of Ashley threads around.

bluelaugh.gif

The answer to your question is in your original post.  :lol:

bluelaugh.gif

you're losing your rag aren't you  bluelaugh.gif

No I believe you. That is why I'm banking on Shepherd and Halls to step in and save our club from these profit-motivated sharks. Between them they owned the club, so no doubt can own it again rather than sell out for a profit. Like you, I believe in Hall and Shepherd.

He didn't threaten violence, although he tried to shut down websites, sue them and the papers and ban them from the club - if he didn't like what they wrote.

Seriously mate, as you are not a buffoon like some of the others, this is a serious comment [before I go to bed so I will answer tomorrow]. Do you REALLY think that people all over the country are bothered, and had even heard this stuff even if they had ?

I would like someone with a bit of sense ie you, to explain to me what effect this had on anything, apart from motivating arseholes on phone-ins, southern journalists who hate Newcastle anyway, and supporters on other clubs message boards to "laugh" at the club.

Get some backbone is what I say. I'm sure YOU don't think for a moment that the phone ins, the views of southern journos, and WUM's on other clubs message boards is indicative of what people in real life think about the club ? They don't give a toss mate, they really don't. The vast majority of them hadn't even heard of it, and even those that did who live in the real world, have more to occupy themselves and their lives.

If anything, the reaction of those who's whole lives revolve around listening to radio phone ins and message boards instead of having a bit of a life in the real world, is what attracts so much mirth. And righly so as well.

The vast majority of supporters all over the UK have been jealous as fuck about us for what we've done on the pitch in the last 15 years. I live out of the area, and I come across other fans every day of my life, and believe me, most of them have hardly heard of Shepherd or any other chairman and they don't give a toss about anything other than a clubs results on the pitch.

bluelaugh.gif

No I believe you. That is why I'm banking on Shepherd and Halls to step in and save our club from these profit-motivated sharks. Between them they owned the club, so no doubt can own it again rather than sell out for a profit. Like you, I believe in Hall and Shepherd.

Yeah, there's no way they'd cause Keegan to resign or sell the club to someone like Mike Ashley.... Oh, hang on....

bluelaugh.gif

haha, you're funny. I've told you, I don't care who runs the club so long as they are good directors, and the simple fact is that the Halls and Shepherd were good directors who ran the club through the best period in the last 50 years whereas the current people have got nowhere near them and now have a club in complete dissaray to sort out. Better than the last board ? You;re having a laugh.

bluelaugh.gif

Either I'm confused or you're trying to suggest people aren't complaining about Ashley. With that in mind I advise you to have a look around on this forum and elsewhere as you could not be more wrong.

Seriously mate, as you are not a buffoon like some of the others, this is a serious comment [before I go to bed so I will answer tomorrow]. Do you REALLY think that people all over the country are bothered, and had even heard this stuff even if they had ?

I would like someone with a bit of sense ie you, to explain to me what effect this had on anything, apart from motivating arseholes on phone-ins, southern journalists who hate Newcastle anyway, and supporters on other clubs message boards to "laugh" at the club.

Get some backbone is what I say. I'm sure YOU don't think for a moment that the phone ins, the views of southern journos, and WUM's on other clubs message boards is indicative of what people in real life think about the club ? They don't give a toss mate, they really don't. The vast majority of them hadn't even heard of it, and even those that did who live in the real world, have more to occupy themselves and their lives.

If anything, the reaction of those who's whole lives revolve around listening to radio phone ins and message boards instead of having a bit of a life in the real world, is what attracts so much mirth. And righly so as well.

The vast majority of supporters all over the UK have been jealous as f*** about us for what we've done on the pitch in the last 15 years. I live out of the area, and I come across other fans every day of my life, and believe me, most of them have hardly heard of Shepherd or any other chairman and they don't give a toss about anything other than a clubs results on the pitch.

The bit in bold I agree with 100%.

As for other fans MBs, phone-ins etc - I really couldn't give a s***, though the constant lies do sometimes rile me.

As you know, I have an opinion on Shepherd that will NEVER change.

Yes, we had good footballing times, I completely agree (although those can also be attributed to the manager), but he did a whole lot of other things that go against in what I BELIEVE IS RIGHT AND WRONG.

I've been priviledged? to see and hear some of the things he did that others didn't get to see, some first hand. Those things all coupled together made me despise the man, no matter what he did in footballing terms.

The stuff he is spouting in the article is ridiculous and a poor PR attempt at changing peoples perceptions of him.

I respect what you're saying, but you will never change my mind about him.

And in Part II of our exclusive interview with Freddie Shepherd, the former Newcastle United chairman speaks about:

• “How I tried to stop Sir Bobby from selling Gary Speed”

• “Why I was absolutely right not to strengthen the squad in the summer before that crucial Partisan game"

• “How I appointed Keegan while it was Sir John Hall who convinced me Souness was a top boss”

And in Part II of our exclusive interview with Freddie Shepherd, the former Newcastle United chairman speaks about:

• “How I tried to stop Sir Bobby from selling Gary Speed”

• “Why I was absolutely right not to strengthen the squad in the summer before that crucial Partisan game"

• “How I appointed Keegan while it was Sir John Hall who convinced me Souness was a top boss”

mackems.gif

How I tried to stop Sir Bobby from selling Gary Speed

Why I was absolutely right not to strengthen the squad in the summer before that crucial Partisan game"

How I appointed Keegan while it was Sir John Hall who convinced me Souness was a top boss

:lol:

Believes he could not have done any more. Says we missed out on Rooney, Woodgate, Campbell, Figo and Robbie Keane. Keane was "110%" up for coming here but it was Souness who wanted Luque instead. Shepherd couldn't understand that one. He always wanted proven Premiership players over risking foreign purchases.

Did Luque not say (when he left the club) that it was Shepherd who signed him, and he couldn't believe the money he was offered

at the time, etc??

But fitting in with the rest of the stuff Souness wanted him so Shepherd got him. ;)

But Souness wnated Boa Morte, who would have cost £5m didn't he? Think Fred's selective memory is kicking in again!

Not after he signed a new deal with Fulham, in the midst of Souness' expressed interest via the press ie. trying to make the deal happen by attempting to tap-up the player with statements along the lines of '*the lad wants to come' and 'he's a player i like/we want' etc. The manner in which Souness tried to coax him away from Fulham was enough for them to issue a hands-off warning - ie. which did happen - and i don't think they would've sold him to us anyway due to the aforementioned manager's conduct. Coleman played hardball in this instance, and his board backed him by getting to sign a new deal, lifting the asking price in the process.

Souness tried the same thing with Anelka as well. It's a great way to piss off chairmen & rival managers who hold the keys to that player's registration papers, and to have a potential transfer deal backfire. 

*more pertaining to the attempted signing of Anelka.

bluelaugh.gif

And that figure, whom you despise so much, made an unparallelled impact in comparison to some of the blokes you've idolised in recent years.

bluelaugh.gif

And that figure, whom you despise so much, made an unparallelled impact in comparison to some of the blokes you've idolised in recent years.

Try working on a sense of humour, you self-important twerp.

bluelaugh.gif

Try working on a sense of humour, you self-important twerp.

Just attended a lesson.

I'll chuck a smiley in for good measure.

:lol: 

That should suffice.

“Sam would have turned it around,” adds Shepherd. “He missed out on great players because there was a 10-day period when he couldn’t sign anyone because of the takeover. Glen Johnson, Sylvain Distin, Steve Sidwell, Tal Ben Haim, Roberto Carlos… all on Bosmans."

So basically if Shepherd were still in charge we would of been fishing in the bosman market?

?Sam would have turned it around,? adds Shepherd. ?He missed out on great players because there was a 10-day period when he couldn?t sign anyone because of the takeover. Glen Johnson, Sylvain Distin, Steve Sidwell, Tal Ben Haim, Roberto Carlos? all on Bosmans."

So basically if Shepherd were still in charge we would of been fishing in the bosman market?

With Allardyce as manager.

?Sam would have turned it around,? adds Shepherd. ?He missed out on great players because there was a 10-day period when he couldn?t sign anyone because of the takeover. Glen Johnson, Sylvain Distin, Steve Sidwell, Tal Ben Haim, Roberto Carlos? all on Bosmans."

With Allardyce as manager.

and Kevin Nolan arriving to join star signing Alan Smith on 80 grand a week.