Aussie Mags?

abertoon

Off to Aus for a year or so next week. Are there many Aussie mags on here? Any Supporters clubs? Anyone know the best places to watch the toon in the major cities?  I'll probably be traveling west to east at some point as well, so would be good to know info for anywhere in Aus.

I've heard there's decent coverage out there, like football choice here where you get to pick the highlights you want to see, but you can do that for live games apparently?

Any info much appreciated  :thup:

Coverage here is fantastic. Almost every league game is shown for the season, they have to miss a couple as they can't show every one. If games are played simultaneously then "Sports Active" lets you pick which one you want to watch, theres up to 5 live at once, 9 games per round normally, with a massive telly you could watch all four at once :lol: . You'll need Foxtel in the city or Austar in the country, being the satellite providers. There's a 1 hr highlights show every round if you don't wanna watch it at 12 or 2am.

Coverage here is fantastic. Almost every league game is shown for the season, they have to miss a couple as they can't show every one. If games are played simultaneously then "Sports Active" lets you pick which one you want to watch, theres up to 5 live at once, 9 games per round normally, with a massive telly you could watch all four at once :lol: . You'll need Foxtel in the city or Austar in the country, being the satellite providers. There's a 1 hr highlights show every round if you don't wanna watch it at 12 or 2am.

Best thing on foxtel =D

Guest diddimz

Yeh foxtel is great, just wish i could afford it still. Where abouts over here you planning on staying? Feel sorry for ya if you say perth.

Yeh foxtel is great, just wish i could afford it still. Where abouts over here you planning on staying? Feel sorry for ya if you say perth.

What's wrong with Perth?

What's wrong with Perth?

it smells   :pow:

Of what?

What's wrong with Perth?

Of what?

nah just jokin. problem with perth is its isolated from all the other main cities. Dif time zone and its generally not as cool as the easten cities =D

Guest Gh0StFaC3

... problem with perth is its isolated from all the other main cities. Dif time zone and its generally not as cool as the easten cities =D

Very true! :snod:

Although, Perth is the place to be for English ex-pats.

Nice one, cheers!

Where abouts over here you planning on staying? Feel sorry for ya if you say perth.

Am gonna be in Freemantle to start with, got family there. Main purpose of the trip is to travel though so will hopefully get around the place. Need to work at some point, most of the work in my field is Sydney way so I can see myself ending up there. Can't wait  :celb:

Good news about the TV Coverage  :thup: Gonna be strange watching us play late evening each time! Need to find a pub/bar with a decent following in Perth

What's wrong with Perth?

Of what?

nah just jokin. problem with perth is its isolated from all the other main cities. Dif time zone and its generally not as cool as the easten cities =D

..Which have more unemployment, worse State Governments, and worse climates...!!

Western Australia is the State which props up all the rest ; ESP New South Wales, which is broke..

OH YES - that's 'COOL' allright....plus, WA is 4 hours less flying time to the UK.

Perth is a couple of hours (and decades) behind Sydney, so you'll probably find the games there start at a more reasonable time, around 10 or 11pm at the moment I'd guess.

At the moment I'd forget about the live games if you're on the east coast. Its just too depressing staying up until 5am watching us play like a busted arse, and frankly in Sydney in summer there are far more enjoyable ways to waste your Saturday nights. They'll be on a replay the next day usually, just ask the bar staff they'll switch it over in any reasonable joint. As has been mentioned if you are staying somewhere with Pay tv (we only have foxtel/austar, same thing), it will come included with basically every game live from EPL and some from the Championship as well. So next season you might catch us as well (har).

When you come to Sydney try not to stay in Bondi with the rest of the UK, there are far more fun places, any suburb nearer to the CBD. If you do end up going to Bondi, the salt seems to go straight to the brain for a lot of you blokes, and you may end up staying there for the next 20 years :)

Guest diddimz

Nice one, cheers!

Where abouts over here you planning on staying? Feel sorry for ya if you say perth.

Am gonna be in Freemantle to start with, got family there. Main purpose of the trip is to travel though so will hopefully get around the place. Need to work at some point, most of the work in my field is Sydney way so I can see myself ending up there. Can't wait  :celb:

Good news about the TV Coverage  :thup: Gonna be strange watching us play late evening each time! Need to find a pub/bar with a decent following in Perth

I love sydney, lived there for night 12months, though ended up being just to much of a rat race for me and i couldn't stick around any longer. Some good pubs there though, especially in Newtown, check out the Landsdowne if ya get the chance, cant go wrong with $5 meals :snod:

Just got the green light to emigrate, so I'm going to be heading over in about 8 weeks time.

ESP New South Wales, which is broke..

I'm heading to NSW, so I'll no doubt fit in well. :lol:

Good Choice mate, Sydney Hopefully.