Tony Jimenez leaves the club

geordie2000

What's the news? Once we get sold the whole lot will go; in the meantime there's no work for him to do here.

Exactly ,new regime and we start over  and would he stay if his sidekicks went  we will probably never know but its a pity we always have to start from scratch every time there are changes up above and thats us atm and stability is what we need in the years to come .

Stability is definitely what we need. Shame they never thought about that with their actions towards their 'Golden Egg' if you will.

What's the news? Once we get sold the whole lot will go; in the meantime there's no work for him to do here.

Exactly ,new regime and we start over  and would he stay if his sidekicks went  we will probably never know but its a pity we always have to start from scratch every time there are changes up above and thats us atm and stability is what we need in the years to come .

Stability is definitely what we need. Shame they never thought about that with their actions towards their 'Golden Egg' if you will.

Or perhaps if we'd all showed a little bit more patience...we'd maybe have had precisely the stability this club is crying out for. Just seems whenever there's any small sign of hope we all collectively manage to fuck it all up for ourselves.

If you think stability is what we're going to get from here on in, I'd love to know what makes you so sure.

Or perhaps if we'd all showed a little bit more patience...we'd maybe have had precisely the stability this club is crying out for. Just seems whenever there's any small sign of hope we all collectively manage to fuck it all up for ourselves.

If you think stability is what we're going to get from here on in, I'd love to know what makes you so sure.

Did I ever actually say we were going to get stability?

A little more patience? I don't ever recall anyone demanding instant success and most were happy with the way things were going until it all kicked off.

A little more patience? I don't ever recall anyone demanding instant success and most were happy with the way things were going until it all kicked off.

No. But do you not see the irony in pining for stability and having campaigned to oust the cockney mafia?

No. But do you not see the irony in pining for stability and having campaigned to oust the cockney mafia?

No.

No.

OK then. :lol:

Or perhaps if we'd all showed a little bit more patience...we'd maybe have had precisely the stability this club is crying out for. Just seems whenever there's any small sign of hope we all collectively manage to f*** it all up for ourselves.

No.

OK then. :lol:

:lol:

I have no idea what he has done, but i think it is great that he has left because everybody else says its good.

:clap:

Excellent.  :laugh:

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00412/SNN0214A_682_412444a.jpg

I thought the "mong clap" would reveal my irony, but hell it didnt  :crazy2:

:lol:

I've tried that one before: the old "try and recoup your position by claiming you were being ironic" routine. ;D O0

He is not needed man, we have a MD/Chairman, a ED(F) & a old skool manager who has done contracts & negotiated transfers before.

It is great how the, "he got us £12 million for Milner, when Kev thought £7 million" is fact by some of the people who rubbish stories in newspapers.

Guest SpinTheBlackCircle

Gutted, who will now get us class players like Colo, Xisco and Nacho in january?

I thought Vetere was the scout?

And i thought Dennis Wise should have worked with the youngsters.

Gutted, who will now get us class players like Colo, Xisco and Nacho in january?

I thought Vetere was the scout?

And i thought Dennis Wise should have worked with the youngsters.

That's a bad mental image.

Dennis Wise Executive Director (Football) Jeff Vetere Technical Co-ordinator & Lil Fuccillo Chief Scout.

Why do you think Jimenez signed them players? Do you not think Wise & Vetere were the key men?

Guest Hodgey

I’ll reserve judgement on Jimenez as I don’t know how good a job he did for us although his credentials are certainly impressive; I was however disappointed that it wasn’t Wise that was going as his credentials certainly don’t merit the ludicrous salary he’s on.  Fair enough if he unearths several great players for next to no money as the Arsenal scouting system regularly does but his CV since retiring as a player (very effective player granted) does not warrant his 4 year deal on £3m a year!  As this is a new role for him at the biggest club he’s been at since his playing days (so we don’t know if he’s going to do a good job or not) surely it would have been a better idea to have a sort of performance related pay system, rather than paying him £60k a week for him to swan around London and refusing to move to the North East!  Where’s the incentives for him?  Despicable little bloke; that he beat up an OAP speaks volumes about him!  Unfortunately it looks like we’re stuck with him for several years !   

I’ll reserve judgement on Jimenez as I don’t know how good a job he did for us although his credentials are certainly impressive; I was however disappointed that it wasn’t Wise that was going as his credentials certainly don’t merit the ludicrous salary he’s on.  Fair enough if he unearths several great players for next to no money as the Arsenal scouting system regularly does but his CV since retiring as a player (very effective player granted) does not warrant his 4 year deal on £3m a year!  As this is a new role for him at the biggest club he’s been at since his playing days (so we don’t know if he’s going to do a good job or not) surely it would have been a better idea to have a sort of performance related pay system, rather than paying him £60k a week for him to swan around London and refusing to move to the North East!  Where’s the incentives for him?  Despicable little bloke; that he beat up an OAP speaks volumes about him!  Unfortunately it looks like we’re stuck with him for several years !     

Apart from his credentials in the private sector - property/property development - his football CV is rather thin. Being an executive director of a London-based football player agency doesn't warrant the sort of Galacticos 'recruiter' status some have bestowed upon him.

When did the club publish the salary details then?

Wise on £3 million a year,  :lol: the Chairman who appointed him was only (in football terms) on £1 million.

Guest Darth Toon

A lot of people talking about stability, but stability is only worth pursuing once you have the right people in place - we could have stuck with Souness if we wanted stability. Or Roeder. Or Allardyce.

Ashley to me had some decent ideas for the club long term, but he fucked it up royally with his choice of personnel, in particular Dennis Wise, who was in no way qualified or experienced enough for a DOF role, the results of which we are now seeing.

For those hoping this is the beginning of the end, I personally don't think Jimenez' departure signals anything in particular other than the fact he's has a better offer elsewhere.

Guest TheKingOfNewcastle

It sounds like he's got an offer to work elsewhere (Spurs?) and I would imagine he'll do a decent job in negotiating transfers if the £12m he got for Milner is anything to go by.

Except the public boasting by NUFC about that transfer may work against him in future. People will be wise to him.

Guest Howaythetoon

It sounds like he's got an offer to work elsewhere (Spurs?) and I would imagine he'll do a decent job in negotiating transfers if the £12m he got for Milner is anything to go by.

Glenn Roeder did a decent job as a caretaker manager, lets bring him back as a caretaker.

I couldn't care less if he does well at Spurs or wherever he goes. He's a nobody at Newcastle.