Tony Jimenez leaves the club

geordie2000

So as chief negotiator he's probably responsible for Owen not being signed up by now then?

Good riddance.

He's got 12m out of Villa for Milner though, although his negotiation skills only involved the word 'no' (probably knowing about a fuming manager behind his back) and a desperate buyer raising the price to a ridiculous price...

Aye, we look reet bunch of smug bastards with that deal there is Milner being a squad player with the current 5th best club in the county, while we are are sitting at 18th. That Martin O'Neil is clueless & Tony has run rings around him here like.

You're right, if we had him on our bench it would make all the difference.

So as chief negotiator he's probably responsible for Owen not being signed up by now then?

Good riddance.

He's got 12m out of Villa for Milner though, although his negotiation skills only involved the word 'no' (probably knowing about a fuming manager behind his back) and a desperate buyer raising the price to a ridiculous price...

Aye, we look reet bunch of smug bastards with that deal there is Milner being a squad player with the current 5th best club in the county, while we are are sitting at 18th. That Martin O'Neil is clueless & Tony has run rings around him here like.

If he was with us he would of been playing & starting every game like he did when was with us this season. Not saying he is a world beater but he is a good premier league player, we didn't lose a game while he was at the club this season, we have not won since he left.

I tend think Martin O'Neil knows more about what he is doing than TJ.

Good riddance.

If he was with us he would of been playing & starting every game like he did when was with us this season. Not saying he is a world beater but he is a good premier league player, we didn't lose a game while he was at the club this season, we have not won since he left.

Did the last 10 games of last season not happen or something?

Guest Heneage

Sorry but no-one could have got Owen to sign after our summer dealings hes not daft

Do you reckon he thought these lads incoming are s*** I am out of here?

I don't understand?

But my point is why on earth commit, when the team still needs investment with no promise of it being done hes a businessman hes weighing up his options.

Good riddance.

Did the last 10 games of last season not happen or something?

Of course they happened they are last seasons games.

I'd say we've missed Martins, Gutierrez, Viduka & Barton a thousand times more than Milner.

I would say you missed the point, like Milner most of the above are good Premier League players. Maybe out of that list Martins is a cut above the crowd though.

I think getting £12m for a player who wouldn't be guaranteed a game when we had the above four available, particularly Barton & Gutierrez when we also have the likes of Duff & N'Zogbia, as good business.

He always got a game this season, that is all we have to go off for this season. Of course he is not getting a start for Aston Villa but they are a much better team than us that is obvious. Not many of the above would start for Villa either.

I think getting £12m for a player who wouldn't be guaranteed a game when we had the above four available, particularly Barton & Gutierrez when we also have the likes of Duff & N'Zogbia, as good business.

He always got a game this season, that is all we have to go off for this season. Of course he is not getting a start for Aston Villa but they are a much better team than us that is obvious. Not many of the above would start for Villa either.

Who's keeping him out of the Villa team down the right?

Nigel Reo-Coker?

So he can't get a game because a central midfielder known for his defensive qualities is stuck out on the wing instead? :lol:

Not only is Milner average but he's not suited to Villa's fast counter attacking play either, MON obviously knows best though so us fans who've seen far more of Milner than him better not judge.

i think O'Neill was daft to buy milner at that price, he couldve got so many better players. but overall he's a good manager so you have to back decisions even if you dont think they're going to work out. well played by Jimenez on that one but if you had to choose between Jimenez and O'Neill who would you back?

So he can't get a game because a central midfielder known for his defensive qualities is stuck out on the wing instead? :lol:

Not only is Milner average but he's not suited to Villa's fast counter attacking play either, MON obviously knows best though so us fans who've seen far more of Milner than him better not judge.

As I said Milner is not a world beater he is a good PL player. Of course MON was not going to drop NRC he has been playing really well lately & scored a few goals. They are playing good football bar the Chelsea game so it is hard for anyone to break into that team as Cuéllar is finding. Wayne Routledge who is a lot faster than Milner did not fit into Villa's fast counter attacking play either.

Of course RW may be MON downfall, as LW was Rafa's at Liverpool.

i think O'Neill was daft to buy milner at that price, he couldve got so many better players. but overall he's a good manager so you have to back decisions even if you dont think they're going to work out. well played by Jimenez on that one but if you had to choose between Jimenez and O'Neill who would you back?

As a manager or an agent?

On buying players is what he means.

If it was my money being spent Jiminez. If it was yours, O'Neill.

If it was my money being spent Jiminez. If it was yours, O'Neill.

Ok.