The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

Guest Jawesome

.com reported matty upson was signing a few weeks back and that didnt happen. wouldnt mind this one though

They didnt say he was signing, they said we were putting in a bid.

On a seperate note, isnt Riisse a good free kick taker?

Thats a myth.  He hits the ball hard, very hard - and that's about it.

.com reported matty upson was signing a few weeks back and that didnt happen. wouldnt mind this one though

He has scored some spectacular goals like but he seemed to lose his knack of hiting the target, went through a phase when he could  hit a barn door at the end of last season.

Guest NorwegianMag

His freekicks are horribel. Every f***ing time on the national team, he's hoofing up his slow-paced high balls that aren't dangerous at all.

Riise is s****. Horrible defender, not good at attacking neither. Slow as f***. NEXT!

Setanta - Manchester City and Newcastle United are interested in Haris Vuckic from Domzale, according to our contact in Slovenia. We will have more on this when we get it.

The system lives ... all hail the system for it shall not desert us in our time of need.

Guest elbee909

Setanta - Manchester City and Newcastle United are interested in Haris Vuckic from Domzale, according to our contact in Slovenia. We will have more on this when we get it.

Sounds FM-tastic.  I'm sure Dennis Wise is just sitting there playing FM all day.  I can't wait to be linked to Skalidis and Andri Sigporsson.

Guest Jawesome

The system lives ... all hail the system for it shall not desert us in our time of need.

17 year old striker.  Anyone got anything else?

http://img.siol.net/08/154/633480141099479001_vu%C4%8Dki%C4%8Dharis_080508_nkdom%C5%BEale.jpg

*  Team:NK DomzaleSlovenia

* Shirt Number:27

* Nationality:SloveniaSlovenia

* Position:Striker

* Secondary:

* Height:1.89 m / 6.2 ft.

* Weight:78 kg / 171 lbs

I think you have to seperate Riises games with the national team from the Liverpool games, i dont rate Riise at all, but he has been good at times when he played for Liverpool.

But at the same time, its kind of hard not being good when you play in the top4 teams.

Maybe thats a sign through the national team games that he cant cope playing in an weaker team.

he's been shite for liverpool for a good couple of years too

Guest firetotheworks

I think you have to seperate Riises games with the national team from the Liverpool games, i dont rate Riise at all, but he has been good at times when he played for Liverpool.

But at the same time, its kind of hard not being good when you play in the top4 teams.

Maybe thats a sign through the national team games that he cant cope playing in an weaker team.

he's been s**** for liverpool for a good couple of years too

Seconded, and thirded by my Liverpool fan mate. He hated him for the last two seasons.

Guest ovesbar

Say what you want about Riise, but he is better than what we have got at the moment.. Enrique is insecure and easy to get past, and Zoggy sucks in leftback, and wants to leave.

Guest elbee909

Say what you want about Riise, but he is better than what we have got at the moment

Hello, can you hear me back there in 2003?

Guest ovesbar

Say what you want about Riise, but he is better than what we have got at the moment

So you honestly think Enrique is a better left back than Riise?

Guest elbee909

I don't think there's much in it, in all honesty.  But at least one can only get better.

of fucking course

To be fair to Jose he was still at school back then.

Guest firetotheworks

Say what you want about Riise, but he is better than what we have got at the moment.. Enrique is insecure and easy to get past, and Zoggy sucks in leftback, and wants to leave.

No he isn't. He was when he was good, but he's not now. He cant defend, thats why Rafa played him left wing in his last season whenever he played.

Not convinced by Riise, would be more than happy to get him in IF Enrique is staying though.

Enrique needs competition and Riise can fit into midfield if Enrique ever settles in or we really need him.

Its well past the stage where I care as much about who comes in, as long as we dont end up with a smaller squad again when the window closes.

NUFC coach can't wait for transfer window to shut

Jan 9 2009 By Lee Ryder, Evening Chronicle

TOON coach Chris Hughton says that the closure of the January transfer window can't come quick enough for Newcastle United.

The former Spurs and West Ham defender feels that the end of the Premier League's player trading period will allow the Magpies to focus on matters on the pitch after stars like Shay Given, Charles N'Zogbia and Michael Owen were all linked with moves away from St James's Park.

Speaking at United's Press conference before the West Ham game, he said: “Eventually we will be glad to get January out the way.

“It’s an inconvenience, there is plenty of speculation going on but we have to put up with it.

“All you can do is get your team and tactics right and make sure the morale is good.

“And the morale is good here.

“Morale is very good – one thing the players are aware is that there is speculation everywhere.

“We’re happy with the squad we have and we want to bring in two or three who can boost the squad.

“The priority is to keep what we have because we are happy with the quality.

“At times when we have picked up injuries the strength of the squad has been tested, we’d like to come out with more players than we went in with.

“It’s a busy period not just for us, for all clubs.

“We are seeing what is available.

“People are working hard to make sure it is done the right way."

And looking ahead to West Ham, he added: “It will be tough, they are on a good run, they have had some impressive results.

“And they have done it the way West Ham play traditionally, we can’t afford to underestimate.

“We need to focus on our game - we are on the back of two defeats and we want to get back to winning ways."

Meanwhile Hughton is hoping that the former player curse won't occur at St James's Park tomorrow when West Ham come to Toon.

Both Titus Bramble and Abdoulaye Faye have both netted on Tyneside this season and with Craig Bellamy, Scott Parker and Kieron Dyer all set for a return to Newcastle tomorrow.

He said: “We haven’t had too good a record with former players returning.

“We are hoping it is better against West Ham.

“It’s about us and we have to impose our game on them."

:: Charles N'Zogbia and Danny Guthrie both passed late fitness tests this morning and are fit to face the Hammers.

--------------

Quite an interesting quote that.