The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

Wishful thinking, but I'd like to see N'Zogbia (£10m?) and Smith (any £ is good!) moved on and with these coming in...

Ebanks-Blake or Doyle

Kyle Naughton

Elano

Jimmy Bullard

Think these players could offer us a lot and they are realistic targets.

Are we already in the championship?  ffs

Did everton say that when they signed Cahill? Did they fuckers.

Or Jagielka? or Lescott?

lol

Shorey, Curtis Davies, Ramsay, Wallcott

Etc.

Wishful thinking, but I'd like to see N'Zogbia (£10m?) and Smith (any £ is good!) moved on and with these coming in...

Ebanks-Blake or Doyle

Kyle Naughton

Elano

Jimmy Bullard

Or Jagielka? or Lescott?

lol

Im not saying dont sign anyone from the championship, Im saying those players with Zog gone would be a championship squad. Bullard and Elano both have premiership experience but man city and Fulham dont want them, both of whom are teams we should be competing with this season (not standing man citys new year spending spree). So buying players not good enough for them doesnt make sense to me. Elano has been good for man city, then again mido was for spurs, yes they can afford to replace him with a top drawer player, but until now they havent had the opportunity, and hes done fuck all to make them want to keep him.

fair enough then we may aswell get rob earnshaw based on your logic

lol, you are funny!

Just because I suggest a couple of players from the Championship doesn't mean they can't be good in the Premiership.  Jagielka, Lescott, Walcott, Cahill etc. - there are many more.  Your arguemnt for not buying from Championship is to highlight someone who nobody has suggested and who isn't doing well in the Championship at the moment (and hasn't been doing well for a few seasons now).  I guess you think Man Utd have lost the plot bidding so much for a League One player.

peter lovenkrands is out of contract at schalke at the end of the season, and he's had a major fallout with their management, so he's going to be looking for first team football, he's only 28 too, would be a good addition to our squad along with mendes

I'd take Ben Haim and Elano at this point, no question. If Hughes is eager to get them out, we should be moving as quickly as possible. They might not be the best long-term choices, but at the moment we could do with some experienced and skilled players to keep us out of relegation.

And apparently Elano is a head case, so he'll fit right in at NUFC.  ;D

Ebanks-Blake or Doyle

Kyle Naughton

Elano

Jimmy Bullard

Or Jagielka? or Lescott?

lol

Im not saying dont sign anyone from the championship, Im saying those players with Zog gone would be a championship squad. Bullard and Elano both have premiership experience but man city and Fulham dont want them, both of whom are teams we should be competing with this season (not standing man citys new year spending spree). So buying players not good enough for them doesnt make sense to me. Elano has been good for man city, then again mido was for spurs, yes they can afford to replace him with a top drawer player, but until now they havent had the opportunity, and hes done f*** all to make them want to keep him.

Very surprised to hear that Fulham don't want Jimmy Bullard - he's their best player.

I would take Bullard in an instant, wouldn-t cost too much either.

Elano disappears in games too much and is too lightweight for me.

I wouldn-t mind Konchesky either, he hasn-t got worse just plays in a crap team (aswell).

Bring in heskey for 2 million to accompany owen and we are assured goals.

Around 10 to 12 million for this lot. If we can persuade wenger to swap zoggy for walcott then that would be OK aswell...ha...ha

peter lovenkrands is out of contract at schalke at the end of the season, and he's had a major fallout with their management, so he's going to be looking for first team football, he's only 28 too, would be a good addition to our squad along with mendes

If he is on a free then its a good shout.  Didn't he turn us down for Rangers though years ago?

Ebanks-Blake or Doyle

Kyle Naughton

Elano

Jimmy Bullard

Or Jagielka? or Lescott?

lol

Im not saying dont sign anyone from the championship, Im saying those players with Zog gone would be a championship squad. Bullard and Elano both have premiership experience but man city and Fulham dont want them, both of whom are teams we should be competing with this season (not standing man citys new year spending spree). So buying players not good enough for them doesnt make sense to me. Elano has been good for man city, then again mido was for spurs, yes they can afford to replace him with a top drawer player, but until now they havent had the opportunity, and hes done f*** all to make them want to keep him.

Very surprised to hear that Fulham don't want Jimmy Bullard - he's their best player.

They haven't said they don't want him, they have said that he can go if they can't agree to his new wage demands, which are double his £20k a week.

Remember him being a great player at Rangers, havent heard anything from since though mind

Really wrong choice of wordage there man!

He was a distinctly average player with one thing, pace!

For some reason he always seemed to pull out a goal or two against Septic but apart from that he was anus-burn!

Lightweight, pussys out of challenges, defensively inept, no range of passing or crossing, need I go on!

Cannot believe some people on here wouldnt want Elano, he IS the player we need!

Would agree we need a Heskey type in, but given the recent Emile love-in from the media, theres no chance!

Random name for a player I'd love to see us go after is jermaine joones, a proper box to box midfielder, strong and great passer!

When is Barton due back? That has to be a factor when considering how much we should spend on a new CM. If he's back soon, then signing a stop-gap like Mendes to a 3-4 yr contract will be something that we regret.

I'm not even sure what Mendes' strengths are. Apart from a couple of stunning strikes for Portsmouth, he hasn't done much. His time with Spurs has a similar story.

Is he a good dribbler? Does he have an eye for a pass? Apart from being a bit pacey, what are his attributes?

Ebanks-Blake or Doyle

Kyle Naughton

Elano

Jimmy Bullard

Or Jagielka? or Lescott?

lol

Im not saying dont sign anyone from the championship, Im saying those players with Zog gone would be a championship squad. Bullard and Elano both have premiership experience but man city and Fulham dont want them, both of whom are teams we should be competing with this season (not standing man citys new year spending spree). So buying players not good enough for them doesnt make sense to me. Elano has been good for man city, then again mido was for spurs, yes they can afford to replace him with a top drawer player, but until now they havent had the opportunity, and hes done fuck all to make them want to keep him.

Disagree with everything you have said.  Our side minus Zog is a championship one already then by your words.  I believe we need depth to our squad and we need it NOW.  We have some of our better players on long term injuries and only kids who are not good enough yet (if ever) to step in.  Firstly, Fulham don't want rid of Bullard, they said he can go if they can't meet his wage demands. Elano has fallen out of favour with Hughes over personal issues (from what I can see) and he was a dangerous player for them last season.  Plus Man City don't have to settle for keeping Elano as they have so much money they can buy whoever is willing to come for silly wages.  Bit different from the angle of "they aren't good enough for them" that your trying to create.

Mido hasn't been suggested, so again your picking a bad example and trying to pin it on a different set of players with different circumstances.  Also, are you saying you'd prefer to keep what we got instead of adding Elano and Bullard to the mix? - Sorry but I don't see how our current midfield is better than not having Bullard & Elano in it to pick from.

And please, suggest 4 players you think we can sign like I requested.  If your going to criticise my choices at least have the balls to lay your cards on the table.

When is Barton due back? That has to be a factor when considering how much we should spend on a new CM. If he's back soon, then signing a stop-gap like Mendes to a 3-4 yr contract will be something that we regret.

I'm not even sure what Mendes' strengths are. Apart from a couple of stunning strikes for Portsmouth, he hasn't done much. His time with Spurs has a similar story.

Is he a good dribbler? Does he have an eye for a pass? Apart from being a bit pacey, what are his attributes?

Yes he is an excellent dribbler, yes he has a superb eye for a pass, he is nowhere near pacey he strolls through a game!

I wouldn-t mind Konchesky either, he hasn-t got worse just plays in a crap team (aswell).

Around 10 to 12 million for this lot. If we can persuade wenger to swap zoggy for walcott then that would be OK aswell...ha...ha

From memory, the best I saw of Elano came early last season.  I don't know if he has not been as good since then, but I'd have him here as he is far better at attacking than any other centre midfielder we have here.

Bullard would be great too, him and Barton or Guthrie would be great.  We need someone who can cause havoc with free kicks, not Nicky Butt taking them!

Konchesky isn't a bad shout.  To be honest, re-signing Aaron Hughes isn't a bad one either given his form for Fulham this year.  I'd prefer this Naughton chap from Sheff Utd, lots of praise and can play on both flanks.  Very young too.

Elano would be immense for this club. Would really make us a much beter team no doubt. We need a player of his caliber, and maybe go into the brailian league and argentinian league and get 2 players from there so we can have speed and flair in our team.

He's a volatile player off the pitch though and has been out of form for a while. Also we're a club in freefall whilst Man City aren't. He could do better than us and he knows it.

They're very much in freefall at the moment, much more so then us.  Of course they have the hope/promise of buying themselves out of it while we don't.  Though they're signings/targets so far have hardly been inspiring IMO.

I wouldn't touch Lovenkrands with a barge pole tbh. He was a half-decent player for Rangers whose pace made him seem a lot better than he was. Unless Charlie's leaving I see no point whatsoever in pursuing him.

Elano would be awesome if he could recapture the form from the first half of last season. Anyone know what's happened to him this season?

Elano would be immense for this club. Would really make us a much beter team no doubt. We need a player of his caliber, and maybe go into the brailian league and argentinian league and get 2 players from there so we can have speed and flair in our team.

He's a volatile player off the pitch though and has been out of form for a while. Also we're a club in freefall whilst Man City aren't. He could do better than us and he knows it.

They're very much in freefall at the moment, much more so then us.  Of course they have the hope/promise of buying themselves out of it while we don't.  Though they're signings/targets so far have hardly been inspiring IMO.

I knew someone would say this. Key phrase - "at the moment". Yes, in the short term there's not a great deal between us but they're more stable and able to fix things than we are. It goes without saying that they have the money to sort themselves out, at least to a level better than us (I'm not saying all their cash will get them instant success).

He turned us down to sign for Rangers I think. Was around about the same time van Bronckhorst did the same thing.

Yeah he turned us down in favour of a move to Rangers.....thank f@ck as we went out and bought Robert instead!

Ebanks-Blake or Doyle

Kyle Naughton

Elano

Jimmy Bullard

Or Jagielka? or Lescott?

lol

Disagree with everything you have said.  Our side minus Zog is a championship one already then by your words.  I believe we need depth to our squad and we need it NOW.  We have some of our better players on long term injuries and only kids who are not good enough yet (if ever) to step in.  Firstly, Fulham don't want rid of Bullard, they said he can go if they can't meet his wage demands. Elano has fallen out of favour with Hughes over personal issues (from what I can see) and he was a dangerous player for them last season.  Plus Man City don't have to settle for keeping Elano as they have so much money they can buy whoever is willing to come for silly wages.  Bit different from the angle of "they aren't good enough for them" that your trying to create.

Mido hasn't been suggested, so again your picking a bad example and trying to pin it on a different set of players with different circumstances.  Also, are you saying you'd prefer to keep what we got instead of adding Elano and Bullard to the mix? - Sorry but I don't see how our current midfield is better than not having Bullard & Elano in it to pick from.

And please, suggest 4 players you think we can sign like I requested.  If your going to criticise my choices at least have the balls to lay your cards on the table.

I already did a long way back in this thread and i stick by it. Bullard has gone on record as saying he will take a cut in wages to stay at Fulham. Elano is not wanted by man city, theyve struggled for goals this season with Jo being slow to settle and still he hasnt featured. My point is to improve the squad, swapping zog for bullard or elano is not imo improving the squad, nor is signing untested players for a potential relegation battle. Im saying id rather keep zog than bring in two lesser players.

Guest sondre

From memory, the best I saw of Elano came early last season.  I don't know if he has not been as good since then, but I'd have him here as he is far better at attacking than any other centre midfielder we have here.

Bullard would be great too, him and Barton or Guthrie would be great.  We need someone who can cause havoc with free kicks, not Nicky Butt taking them!

Konchesky isn't a bad shout.  To be honest, re-signing Aaron Hughes isn't a bad one either given his form for Fulham this year.  I'd prefer this Naughton chap from Sheff Utd, lots of praise and can play on both flanks.  Very young too.

In all fairness to Butt, he has done quite well on his free-kicks.

Guest toonlass

You are taking the piss. Lovenkrands would never be good enough for the premiership, he was frustrating as fuck during his time at Rangers. Mendes on the other hand I would have here in a heartbeat.