Corners

La Parka

We got a couple of good headers too, Taylor, Martins, Xisco, Colo, Beye, Bassong. Just need to put it in the right area (ie: not the first man). Or we could put someone infront of the first man (taylor), and try to work off flick on's if that is where we keep crossing it.

and while this topic is here, I reckon Geremi should lose 2% of his wages for every crap freekick or corner he does. If he hits the first man or fails to test the keeper, then he loses money. would be a good incentive imo. some of our corners this season have been flatter than a witch's tit

It's not just us though, watch any match now, and you'll see 3 out of 5 hit the first-man.

As pedro111 mentioned, with these balls it's a fine line between hitting the perfect corner, the first man, or over-hitting it. Look at Robert. 7 out of 10 corners were terrible, but 3 out of 10 were impossible to defend against...and he tried hitting the ball the exact same way each time. Sure, you can float it in, but that's easy to defend and more often than not, the keeper has an easy take.

Guest Stephen927

and while this topic is here, I reckon Geremi should lose 2% of his wages for every crap freekick or corner he does. If he hits the first man or fails to test the keeper, then he loses money. would be a good incentive imo. some of our corners this season have been flatter than a witch's tit

It would have to be in his contract. Can't see him agreeing to a new contract with those stipulations in for some reason mate.  :lol:

It would have to be in his contract. Can't see him agreeing to a new contract with those stipulations in for some reason mate.  :lol:

And yet I'd say we've scored a fair few goals this season from a Geremi cross.

Just looked, and 4 of the 9 goals we've scored with Geremi on the pitch have came from his crosses. (Owen against Bolton, Taylor at Everton, Dunne o.g. against Man City, and Ameobi at Sunderland).

The Dunne og is the only goal we've scored from a corner isn't it? So that's one goal from roughly 30 Geremi corners (that's a total estimation, it could be way off), and that didn't even come off one of our players.

It was a refreshing change last night and appeared to be more effective. We only hit the first man once i think, and that was from Duff, Mr No-End-Product.

Guest Stephen927

Just looked, and 4 of the 9 goals we've scored with Geremi on the pitch have came from his crosses. (Owen against Bolton, Taylor at Everton, Dunne o.g. against Man City, and Ameobi at Sunderland).

Where was it that I said he took shit corners?