That second half performance

Dave

You lot are fucking unbelievable.

2 draws against decent sides, a bad loss away at our rivals, 9 games where we have conceded 2 goals, not a win in the league since the fluky 1-0 over Bolton and this is how you celebrate?

You bunch of fucking twats.

3 points. Nice one. Lets build from here.

If you can't see the problems with that performance then you're deluded.

We've played two games against shite teams and deserved maybe one point from either of them. We're going nowhere with this guy in chargeat this rate. I know, i know - he came in at a tough time and i'd rather have him than no one - but his tactical ability is fucking poor. If he, and we, continue in this way then we'll keep losing games.

It was a Godsend that West Brom are fucking garbage n'all.

I don't see anyone going against those last three sentences of yours, btw.

We're pretty shite aswell like.

You only have to watch the first half again to see what quality we actually have in this squad.

It's soul-destroying.

I didn't say we didn't have some good players but we're still a poor side.

2 draws against decent sides, a bad loss away at our rivals, 9 games where we have conceded 2 goals, not a win in the league since the fluky 1-0 over Bolton and this is how you celebrate?

We've played two games against shite teams and deserved maybe one point from either of them. We're going nowhere with this guy in chargeat this rate. I know, i know - he came in at a tough time and i'd rather have him than no one - but his tactical ability is fucking poor. If he, and we, continue in this way then we'll keep losing games.

You think its delusional to celebrate unconditionally the 3 points that side got tonight in the current circumstances? What do you want to happen? We go back in time and play the game with another manager?

2 words. Big Picture.

Its a godsend that there are worse sides than us in premiership? Yes, thanks for pointing out the obvious.

Precisely. We needed the points, aye - but the performance is as important as anything. As people have said, if we'd used our obvious quality to our advantage, and tonked three or four past them like we should have done, confidence would be high and we'd have a better chance of kicking on. Instead we get that shower - proving the manager to clearly be inept, prolong the fans nerves, and not to a great deal for player confidence, knowing they're still liable to chucking it away.

Why do you have to be such a patronising cunt, btw?

Result will always be more important than performance when you're 19th in the League.

We won tonight which is something we've not done for 2 months. We scraped it and could have drawn it but we didn't. We won. It's something to build on and Owen will be back soon.

We looked woefully short on confidence and I wasn't surprised we chose to sit back and defend our lead. Other teams will have s*** runs during the season too.

We only looked short of confidence once we sat back though, we need a good win to lift the players and could have got more than the 3 points tonight if we kept at them.

Bolded the important bit. I dont give a f***ing s*** how we played.

Incidentally, i thought there were some very promising shoots of green on the park.

I'm not even sure what that means tbh.  :laugh:

:lol:

The game was won in the first half and we should have capitalised on that in the second half but we didn't, we could have won easily tonight and got a real lift from it but we let them back into it and we'll know that we've done that in our next game.  The 3 points are the most important thing that we could have got but the confidence boost that we could have got from an easier win just didn't happen and we could pay for that.

Time will tell but I think we’ll know if that’s the case fairly soon.

:lol: Caught talking rubbish.

I agree though Mick, its a massive shame we didnt go on and sort out the 3rd goal but thats football. It was the opening of the second half, we didnt impose ourselves and threaten them like in the first but that was because the game became disjointed and broken up by the ref too.

The only thing that matters to me and should matter to anyone who cares about this club is the 3 fucking points!!!!

You think its delusional to celebrate unconditionally the 3 points that side got tonight in the current circumstances? What do you want to happen? We go back in time and play the game with another manager?

2 words. Big Picture.

Its a godsend that there are worse sides than us in premiership? Yes, thanks for pointing out the obvious.

Precisely. We needed the points, aye - but the performance is as important as anything. As people have said, if we'd used our obvious quality to our advantage, and tonked three or four past them like we should have done, confidence would be high and we'd have a better chance of kicking on. Instead we get that shower - proving the manager to clearly be inept, prolong the fans nerves, and not to a great deal for player confidence, knowing they're still liable to chucking it away.

Because you said i was deluded. If you cant string two posts together what hope do you have with sentences and thoughts?

I think we just needed that win.

It was awful to watch, and we really should have done alot more, but I think it was mainly the confidence factor. We were scared because we've thrown things away recently (Man City 3 points, the point at Sunderland) and we just desperately needed a win.

A good result against Villa on Monday and I'm confident (kind of) that things will start to improve.

The 3 points were vital and we secured them. That's what ultimately matters. Hopefully the confidence will come in time.

I agree though Mick, its a massive shame we didnt go on and sort out the 3rd goal but thats football. It was the opening of the second half, we didnt impose ourselves and threaten them like in the first but that was because the game became disjointed and broken up by the ref too.

The only thing that matters to me and should matter to anyone who cares about this club is the 3 f***ing points!!!!

That was the first laugh I've had all day so don't try to get out of it. :lol:

You're right about the importance of the 3 points, it's all that really matters tonight and I'd settle for a few more games like that if we get 3 points every time.

2 words. Big Picture.

Because you said i was deluded. If you cant string two posts together what hope do you have with sentences and thoughts?

Yet it's alright for you to open your posts calling everyone a bunch of fucking twats. Meh.

Just remember as well, that was our 2nd win of the season. It's understandable we sat back and allowed West Brom to play. Better than to risk it by pushing forward and being caught on the break.

The big difference between the two teams that was exposed in the second half was that West Brom were a side built to the vision of one manager, who all understood what was expected of them. There was always an available man, they hunted the ball in packs, and they anticipated where they were all going to move and what they were meant to be doing.

We looked like a scratch side, put together by different managers, with good individuals who could improvise well on occasions, but were generally hesitant and with little trust in one another. We often lost the ball through players getting in each other's way or not making the right runs.

Fortunately, West Brom had no pace and a shit defence.

But - we will improve, as Barton and Jonas get fitter. We also should develop a settled side with a settled way of playing.

Why do you have to be such a patronising c***, btw?

We've only got Kinnear because nobody else wanted it, maybe we're asking too much of him and should settle for the points regardless of how poorly we play.  I'd still rather have Kinnear and the points than what we had for a few games before he arrived, he has improved us, even if it's not as much as we would all like.

2 words. Big Picture.

Yet it's alright for you to open your posts calling everyone a bunch of fucking twats. Meh.

For not being delighted with 3 points? I stand by that comment and its not me being deluded, so pay attention and dont be facetious.

Why do you have to be such a patronising c***, btw?

We've only got Kinnear because nobody else wanted it, maybe we're asking too much of him and should settle for the points regardless of how poorly we play.  I'd still rather have Kinnear and the points than what we had for a few games before he arrived, he has improved us, even if it's not as much as we would all like.

Fair enough.

The only thing that matters to me and should matter to anyone who cares about this club is the 3 f***ing points!!!!

You're right about the importance of the 3 points, it's all that really matters tonight and I'd settle for a few more games like that if we get 3 points every time.

tonight was about more than the 3 points.

confidence was the main thing missing and i doubt the 3 points will get the confidence back because of the way we were hanging on at the end. (you could see the lack of confidence in a few of the players in the 2nd half)

confidence was the main thing missing and i doubt the 3 points will get the confidence back because of the way we were hanging on at the end. (you could see the lack of confidence in a few of the players in the 2nd half)

No, you're right, a better performance and a 1-2 loss would have been much better.

No, you're right, a better performance and a 1-2 loss would have been much better.

half right. a better performance and a win would have set us up well for next monday. as it is we go into that game 3 points better off but the players/team still jittery,nervous and lacking confidence.

would have been better had we scored both goals and created the chances in the last 20mins. as is even though we won confidence will be low,as seen in the latter stages.

half right. a better performance and a win would have set us up well for next monday. as it is we go into that game 3 points better off but the players/team still jittery,nervous and lacking confidence.

would have been better had we scored both goals and created the chances in the last 20mins. as is even though we won confidence will be low,as seen in the latter stages.

Or we'll still be on our toes, one of the two.

on our heels more like

Guest optimistic nit

the second half wasn't terrible. what was terrible were the substitutions. xisco and geremi for jonas and obi. it was almost like we wanted to lose the game.

we never looked like concedeing in the second half. but we should have scored 5 at least. their defence fell to pieces in the second half, and we didn't capitalise on that.

on our heels more like

You say potato...

Guest optimistic nit

but while the naiveity wont make a difference against west brom, it may cost us points in the future. i think our defence played very well (apart from enrique, who was dodgy as fuck) but against better teams we will pay the price for our managers stupidity.

but while the naiveity wont make a difference against west brom, it may cost us points in the future. i think our defence played very well (apart from enrique, who was dodgy as f***) but against better teams we will pay the price for our managers stupidity.

agree about enrique. last season i had no fears when anyone tried to get at him as he just wouldn't let anyone by. tonight he was done inside,outside,by wingers and lumbering forwards whom i would have held up for longer.