Bentley's goal = not that good.

Neil

Guest kingdawson

Petrov's at Derby last season was better.

no way.

I'd say Petrov's was a more difficult shot to execute.

You're very wrong imho.

Petrovs goal was basically an open goal and it was a half volley. How is that harder to execute then a full volley with a goalie to beat (ok ok aluminia might have been a bit of his line but he still had to be beaten)??

Petrov gets plus points because it was his wrong foot but bentleys shot is harder to execute for sure.

Eh? A half volley is far more difficult to execute technique-wise than a full volley, especially if you've just taken the latter on your knee and taken the pace off it.

no it isnt. I play myself from time to time and a full volley is far harder to execute then a half volley. You're right when you say that it's easier to execute a full volley when you control it on your knee or chest first, but that's still harder to do then letting the ball bounce first and then striking it.

You say this like nobody else does?  :idiot2:

What are you going on about?

I'm going on about you're arguement being that because you "play from time to time" you know the difficulty levels in volley and half volley. ITs not really a valid argument.

It certainly is a valid point. If you play, you're more likely to know what skills are harder to pull off. I'm well aware that other posters on here may also play, and i wasent implying that i know more then anyone.

You're looking into my comment to much tbh (probably trying to brush up on your journalism skills).

Guest Heneage

no way.

You're very wrong imho.

Petrovs goal was basically an open goal and it was a half volley. How is that harder to execute then a full volley with a goalie to beat (ok ok aluminia might have been a bit of his line but he still had to be beaten)??

Petrov gets plus points because it was his wrong foot but bentleys shot is harder to execute for sure.

Eh? A half volley is far more difficult to execute technique-wise than a full volley, especially if you've just taken the latter on your knee and taken the pace off it.

no it isnt. I play myself from time to time and a full volley is far harder to execute then a half volley. You're right when you say that it's easier to execute a full volley when you control it on your knee or chest first, but that's still harder to do then letting the ball bounce first and then striking it.

I'm going on about you're arguement being that because you "play from time to time" you know the difficulty levels in volley and half volley. ITs not really a valid argument.

It certainly is a valid point. If you play, you're more likely to know what skills are harder to pull off. I'm well aware that other posters on here may also play, and i wasent implying that i know more then anyone.

You're looking into my comment to much tbh (probably trying to brush up on your journalism skills).

But if you were a professional or a coach I could understand. I play football twice a week, doesn't mean I have any basis to state which is harder or easier. Its not really a valid point as every player is different, I know lads that could spank some of the most difficult volleys known to man but fall to pieces on half volleys and vice versa. And as for "Brushing up my Journalism skills" I don't know what to say that it, if its a cheap jibe then good luck for you.

Guest kingdawson

no way.

You're very wrong imho.

But if you were a professional or a coach I could understand. I play football twice a week, doesn't mean I have any basis to state which is harder or easier. Its not really a valid point as every player is different, I know lads that could spank some of the most difficult volleys known to man but fall to pieces on half volleys and vice versa. And as for "Brushing up my Journalism skills" I don't know what to say that it, if its a cheap jibe then good luck for you.

Actually, it was uncalled for on my part so i apologise for that BUT i didnt get why you needed to put that sarcastic face after asking a question (i actually used to play on a higher level then just a kick about tbh).

7.5 out of 10 people would probably agree that hitting a volley straight on, is much harder to pull off then a half volley but i guess its all about the individual.

Guest kingdawson

Was gonna say 8 but thought i was being a little to kind on myself. 7 would have been to generous to Nixons view so i thought 7.5 it is :lol:.

Guest Heneage

no way.

You're very wrong imho.

Actually, it was uncalled for on my part so i apologise for that BUT i didnt get why you needed to put that sarcastic face after asking a question (i actually used to play on a higher level then just a kick about tbh).

7.5 out of 10 people would probably agree that hitting a volley straight on, is much harder to pull off then a half volley but i guess its all about the individual.

But even then mate you've no idea what level people on here have played.  O0

Still .5 of a person? A Mackem in your sample? :lol:

I could see where kingdawson was coming from originally, but Nixon has made the point I was going to. Ability will differ from person to person and so will technical attributes, so a player may be better at a full volley than a half volley and thinks that it is easier to do it vice versa. Personally, when I played in the younger leagues and tried to use the through ball, 9 times out of 10 none of the other lads would run in behind the defenders and therefore it looked a stupid pass. If you hit a volley straight on you know that it will be a sweet goal.

I cant believe this argument is actually still going on!

Isnt this entirely down to the trajectory and speed of the ball as to which is harder to hit?

Or am i missing something on the account that I play football regulary at a standard level?

Pointless argument anyway because as I understand from what the media tell me, Beckhams goal is the greatest goal of all time EVER and no one has ever done anything as good or better ever

As for Bentley's goal, he should be applauded for the effort because English football is crying out for players who are a) prepared to attempt these kind of things and b) capable of executing them.

It is a crying shame though that along the way he is an undeniably conceited cunt and highly unlikeable.

• 3 months later...

anyone seen this?

David Bentley bets his agent £15,000 (apparently his watch) that he can kick the ball from the top floor of the Red Bull HQ into a skip down on the ground. Can he pull off this amazing trick shot? Or will it go down as another disappointing Bentley move? (pun intended)

anyone seen this?

David Bentley bets his agent £15,000 (apparently his watch) that he can kick the ball from the top floor of the Red Bull HQ into a skip down on the ground. Can he pull off this amazing trick shot? Or will it go down as another disappointing Bentley move? (pun intended)

No fucking way, incredible if true.  Simply incredible.

Guest diddimz

anyone seen this?

Saw that earlier today, can't be real, if it is, its amazing.