Kinnear transfer plans

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Personally I think Michael Owen is Spurs bound as much as it sticks in my throat to say it. He has Harry Redknapp signing written all over him; English player, available on the cheap, a point to prove to Fabio Capello, and the fact that Spurs are short in the striking department as it is. I don't think wages will be a problem for Spurs since Levy has said they have lots of money available for January. The fact that they're now showing a half decent run of form makes me think he's on his way. Of course the prospect playing with David Bentley and Luka Modric is going to be more inviting than the prospect of playing with Grzegorz Rasiak and Stephen Hunt if we opt to sign Championship players, if thats what Kinnear wants.

We'll know if Redknapp is interested because a rash of "I admire Michael Owen and would love him in my team where he would do a great job but I don't like to talk about other club's players" stories will soon appear.

Unless one of the Champions League teams lose a striker through injury between now and January I think he'll be here until Summer. If he leaves in the Summer he will be able to ask for higher wages as they won't have paid a fee for him. He will also have more clubs to choose from in the Summer you'd think.

Guest Nufc4Life

It's simple. If Kinnear stays, we're going down. Absolutely no doubt in my mind about that. If Ashley is staying then for fuck sake get Kinnear out ASAP. Eurgh, well, at least tickets will be cheaper inthe championship...

It's simple. If Kinnear stays, we're going down. Absolutely no doubt in my mind about that. If Ashley is staying then for fuck sake get Kinnear out ASAP. Eurgh, well, at least tickets will be cheaper inthe championship...

If Ashley is in charge dont bet on it. I know Birmingham went down a couple of season ago and still increased their ticket prices

To be fair to Kinnear there's some good young lads in the Championship. Joe Ledley, Sebastian Larrson, Michael Kightly, Victor Moses and Giles Barnes to name a few.

That doesn't mean he's going to go for these players though, his football is poor and he's your typical English manager that will prefer the hardwork of the likes of Butt and Smith over a creative but lazy foreigner, so I hope that if Ashley does stay then he says thanks but no thanks to Joe and gets someone else in.

Not really worried about Owen because I don't think he's got any intention of staying or ever has.

I apologise for saying this but I feel I have to say....

"But of course it was all Keegans fault"

No need I know but its just going from one f***ing disaster to another.

I'd say it's a fair percentage Keegans fault, actually. Not all, no - but a fair amount's his fault.

stupid c***. You'd pay more for a player in the championship than in La Liga tbh

I told you man JFK does not like **INSERT DEROGATORY NICKNAME FOR SPANISH PEOPLE HERE, BUT I WONT BECAUSE IT UPSET A FEW PEOPLE LAST TIME**

Also, why is JFK on the blower to all these scouts what is Dennis doing?

Its a catch 22.

If the club isn't sold soon, and nothing i've read/heard indicates it will, then we're not going to be able to appoint a full-time manager of any calibre as we're still in the same situation that resulted in us having to get JK off the dole, so we're stuck with him until the clubs sold. (Poyet's free now though mind.........)

So if JK is still here for the Jan window, I can't see Ashley releasing a wild amount of cash for new players much over and above what JK can raise by sales. So JK will be forced to shop in the bargain basements for cheapies and freebies, wheeling and dealing.

Guest Stephen927

If Ashley wants whats best for this club, then he needs to set a deadline ideally a month before January and if the club hasn't been sold by then then ship out Kinnear and bring in a permanent manager and give him some funds to spend on improving the squad.

Shame the idiots didn't let Ashley appoint Deschamps or Terim before deciding to protest.

I doubt either are interested now.

What... did they sever his telephone lines and cancel his mobile and broadband connection ??

Surley Kinnear is having a laugh good talent cheap, from the championship. Take a sanity check, just read the article utter dross, and no beer and wine at home either, shocking comments from kinnear imo.  :angry:

Deschamps looks like he will be seeing in the 2009  New Year  as a unemployed manager he hasn't even got a Soccer Circus to keep him busy during Crimbo.

Wasn't he linked with the Galatasaray  job & the PSG  job? Keeps getting linked with a load of jobs but nothing ever happens.

Who will  join a club first out Dider Deschamps, Stephen Appiah & Sam Allardyce? Stevie Carr has had more recent employment prospects then them 3.

If Ashley wants whats best for this club, then he needs to set a deadline ideally a month before January and if the club hasn't been sold by then then ship out Kinnear and bring in a permanent manager and give him some funds to spend on improving the squad.

This would be the sane thing to do. Can we expect sane ? Sadly no.

To be fair to Kinnear there's some good young lads in the Championship. Joe Ledley, Sebastian Larrson, Michael Kightly, Victor Moses and Giles Barnes to name a few.

Some good players listed there, although Barnes is out too much for me & Stoke bid £5 million+ for Ledley & I don't think we would offer more than that. Kyle Naughton is getting rave reviews after only a few games & he looked fast when I saw him play in the Steel City derby on Sky a few weeks back. I have always like Ben Watson even though he is a ginger. Roger Johnson is beast in air at CB for Cardiff.  Read somewhere today that Leeds Uniteds Fabian Delph is decent.

Guest Darth Toon

Shame the idiots didn't let Ashley appoint Deschamps or Terim before deciding to protest.

I doubt either are interested now.

Without the protests our manager would have been Gus Poyet.

Some good players listed there, although Barnes is out too much for me & Stoke bid £5 million+ for Ledley & I don't think we would offer more than that. Kyle Naughton is getting rave reviews after only a few games & he looked fast when I saw him play in the Steel City derby on Sky a few weeks back. I have always like Ben Watson even though he is a ginger. Roger Johnson is beast in air at CB for Cardiff.  Read somewhere today that Leeds Uniteds Fabian Delph is decent.

I read the other day that Leeds want £6 million for Delph, doubt they will get it.

Also Joe Mattock is supposed to be a highly rated left back who's already broken into the under England 21's set up when he was 17.