Crowd Size

Doug

Just noticed the crowd at Anfield for the high flying champions league match last night of 42010.

In our relegation battle gate of 44567against Villa despite being the 5th live televised game of our little club on the trot, we still put two and a half thousand more bums on seats than the wonderfully loyal long suffering Anfield die hards.

How do the media spin that one with their just look at the empty seats comments and lowest league crowd for 8 years crap.

Just noticed the crowd at Anfield for the high flying champions league match last night of 42010.

In our relegation battle gate of 44567against Villa despite being the 5th live televised game of our little club on the trot, we still put two and a half thousand more bums on seats than the wonderfully loyal long suffering Anfield die hards.

How do the media spin that one with their just look at the empty seats comments and lowest league crowd for 8 years crap.

Liverpool rival Man U and Celtic in the away day supporter league. A lot travel over from the Republic.

Guest Scouseman

Tickets are sold out for every game except maybe the odd CC game.

Anfield attendances are by turnstile clicks not tickets sold.

I went to my pals poker night last weekend and he and his pal are mackems who have season tickets @ SOL, even they acknowledge that even tho our crowds have dipped its still superb attendences.

Just as I thought,  they are not sold out for every game then.

Guest Scouseman

Yes they are but only those who actually turn up are counted.  Those having tickets but not turning up are not counted in the attendance, so the tickets are dead to the ticket office.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/tickets/info.htm

Yes they are but only those who actually turn up are counted.  Those having tickets but not turning up are not counted in the attendance, so the tickets are dead to the ticket office.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/tickets/info.htm

So everyone who has a ticket at Newcastle turns up but loads of people buy tickets at Liverpool and dont turn up.

Thanks for putting me right there Scouseman.

Guest Scouseman

I don't know how Newcastle count their attendances. 

Some clubs use turnstile clicks others by tickets sold.  Liverpools have always been by turnstile clicks.

For a CL match in particular all tickets are sold out very quickly, even the qualifiers, because these count towards future CL game tickets further down the line.

Some clubs use turnstile clicks others by tickets sold.  Liverpools have always been by turnstile clicks.

For a CL match in particular all tickets are sold out very quickly, even the qualifiers, because these count towards future CL game tickets further down the line.

Or maybe they are bought in bulk to sell as tour packages etc.

If the company buying the bulk order can't shift them then not all tickets are sold out

so fans are paying for tickets and not turning up?...unless its a big game?

Guest Scouseman

If the company buying the bulk order can't shift them then not all tickets are sold out

That applies to all clubs but if the attendance is judged on tickets sold it won't matter how many actually turned up, or not, because the tickets have still been sold.

Guest Scouseman

so fans are paying for tickets and not turning up?...unless its a big game?

In a few cases yes.  Must add, it's mostly the early European aways that this is done

That applies to all clubs but if the attendance is judged on tickets sold it won't matter how many actually turned up, or not, because the tickets have still been sold.

Sorry, wasn't on about the stated 'attendance', was making the point that if x turned up the x tickets were likely to be sold due to packaging deal operators bulk buying (of course give or take a few for illness etc and a few thousand for court appearances in dat der scouseland  :iamatwat:)

Sorry, wasn't on about the stated 'attendance', was making the point that if x turned up the x tickets were likely to be sold due to packaging deal operators bulk buying (of course give or take a few for illness etc and a few thousand for court appearances in dat der scouseland  :iamatwat:)

Aren't they all too busy robbing the players houses to attend matches?

Really don't get this argument:

Liverpool are selling out their home allocation, which happens to be less than who go to Newcastle who have a bigger stadium.

Hardly bragging rights, especially as Liverpool give attendances based on people at the game whereas we apparently do it on tickets sold.

Yeah, but Setanta, BBC and the rags won't draw attention to fact.

They like to attack Newcastle. Unfairly, preferably......

Really don't get this argument:

Liverpool are selling out their home allocation, which happens to be less than who go to Newcastle who have a bigger stadium.

Hardly bragging rights, especially as Liverpool give attendances based on people at the game whereas we apparently do it on tickets sold.

And of course a  team at the bottom of the league, SHOULD have a far higher attendance than a team in the Champs League and topping the Prem...

The BBC and the rags should interview you James....they'd LOVE you.

I would advise a bit of caution.

For the most part our CL attendances  back in the day were lower than Liverpools last night.

Ticket prices were the main factor in that imo.

Depends which game you refer to - like for like, top Italian club, same stage ?

Doubt it.

For the most part our CL attendances  back in the day were lower than Liverpools last night.

Doubt it.

Juventus, Inter Milan at home, both around or under 40k.

Sometimes it is very easy to get free/cheap cup tickets for Manchester United games at O/T as all season tickets holders have to buy tickets for home cup games. As thousands of people cannot sometime make midweek games people I know have managed to pick upto 4 free tickets from there local bar in Manchester for cup games.

Doubt it.

I stand corrected.

I was under the impression both were full houses.

Doubt it.

I stand corrected.

I was under the impression both were full houses.

Actually mate I was officially wrong!  :lol:  .com states that Juventus at home was 48,370 and Milan at home was 50,108.

I was at both though and would question these figures, there was about 10,000 empty seats at both imo.

Never understood fans boasting/arguing about attendences, but at the same time criticising 'glory hunters' and the like.

Clubs care about attendences because people through the gate equals money in the bank, but I don't get why fans are so hung up about it.