Guest michaelfoster

NE5 has a point in so far as some people had sussed Ashley before the season started, unimpressed with his lack of ambition, and were more reluctant to go no matter what happened after or what the economic situation is. the prime example of this is how few of the corporate boxes were sold after those punters saw through ashley's superficial BS pretty quickly.

but i think the main reasons are those put forward by brummie and mowen, which is something effecting ALL clubs, not just ours. man city had 7000 empties the first home game after Arabs took over and signed Robinho. Villa had 6000 empty seats in their last home game, and that is for a team flying high in a stadium much smaller than ours.

The corporate boxes didn't sell because the club pushed the prices up to subsidise the cheaper tickets in the larger family section, something that a lot of them seen as taking the piss which is why a meeting was held between all corporate box owners and the club.

A lot of people are feeling the pinch at the moment and the first thing to go for some people will be the luxury of going to a football match that costs £30.

it was becoming more obvious to the more slow minded, that his DOF bollocks was about to fail dismally. Quite a few still haven't cottoned on, but a lot of people have now paid for their season tickets. If the DOF bollocks continues under Ashley, expect a massive dive next season, perhaps even encompassing lower league football, which in itself will be a result of falling gates and not so much a symptom of anything else.

If the current financial climate eases, the gates will still be shit if the club is relegated due to Ashley and his "plan", management structure and DOF bollocks. In fact, didn't you say the club needed a "plan" intimitating that such a plan leads to success or greater success than when they didn't have a "plan".

I expect a massive dive whoever is in charge because the country will be in a recession by then.

I said the club needs someone to build up the academy and to put in a better scouting network as both were shit, I'm not sure what that has to do with this thread though.

rubbish.

The thread is about falling gates by the way, and this is my opinion as to why gates are falling.

And whats more, I'm right too. Just like I was when I told you the DOF bollocks would lead to absolutely nowhere, and, errr, falling gates as a result.

So are you saying falling gates that are going on all around the country have nothing to do with the state of the economy?

He probably thinks that the recession is all Ashley's doing, and that Freddie Shepherd should be appointed head of the IMF.

Guest toonlass

NE5 has a point in so far as some people had sussed Ashley before the season started, unimpressed with his lack of ambition, and were more reluctant to go no matter what happened after or what the economic situation is. the prime example of this is how few of the corporate boxes were sold after those punters saw through ashley's superficial BS pretty quickly.

but i think the main reasons are those put forward by brummie and mowen, which is something effecting ALL clubs, not just ours. man city had 7000 empties the first home game after Arabs took over and signed Robinho. Villa had 6000 empty seats in their last home game, and that is for a team flying high in a stadium much smaller than ours.

The corporate boxes didn't sell because the club pushed the prices up to subsidise the cheaper tickets in the larger family section, something that a lot of them seen as taking the piss which is why a meeting was held between all corporate box owners and the club.

A lot of people are feeling the pinch at the moment and the first thing to go for some people will be the luxury of going to a football match that costs £30.

it was becoming more obvious to the more slow minded, that his DOF bollocks was about to fail dismally. Quite a few still haven't cottoned on, but a lot of people have now paid for their season tickets. If the DOF bollocks continues under Ashley, expect a massive dive next season, perhaps even encompassing lower league football, which in itself will be a result of falling gates and not so much a symptom of anything else.

If the current financial climate eases, the gates will still be shit if the club is relegated due to Ashley and his "plan", management structure and DOF bollocks. In fact, didn't you say the club needed a "plan" intimitating that such a plan leads to success or greater success than when they didn't have a "plan".

I expect a massive dive whoever is in charge because the country will be in a recession by then.

I said the club needs someone to build up the academy and to put in a better scouting network as both were shit, I'm not sure what that has to do with this thread though.

rubbish.

The thread is about falling gates by the way, and this is my opinion as to why gates are falling.

And whats more, I'm right too. Just like I was when I told you the DOF bollocks would lead to absolutely nowhere, and, errr, falling gates as a result.

So are you saying falling gates that are going on all around the country have nothing to do with the state of the economy?

He probably thinks that the recession is all Ashley's doing, and that Freddie Shepherd should be appointed head of the IMF.

Or MFI?

rubbish.

Learn to read.

This thread is about Newcastle's gates.

rubbish.

Or MFI?

I think he's got Craig Bellamy earmarked for that job.

rubbish.

Learn to read.

So do you think the state of the economy has anything to do with Newcastle's falling gates?

rubbish.

Learn to read.

Yeah, obviously everyone else's gates are falling because of the economy, whereas ours are falling because of Ashley. :lol:

Man City and Aston Villa have been approximately as full as us this season. Everton less so. Sunderland spent a shitload and aren't as full. Do you think there might be slightly more to the attendance dropping than you say, NE5?

Btw, before you try and accuse me of it, I am not saying the current state the club is in has nothing to do with the current falling attendances, I am saying it doesn't tell the full story.

no, I don't.

I think if Keegan was still manager, or/and if the team was winning games and doing better, the crowds would be better.

I find this an amazing comment from someone ie yourself, who - I think - has witnessed the shit crowds and level of rebellion and apathy that existed before 1992 and hasn't surfaced in all this time until now.

If I am wrong about your age, then your reply doesn't surprise me.

The comment above by cp40 is spot on by the way, as was my earlier post along the same lines. The crowds will continue to go down if we keep losing, so what will you think is the reason for that ?

Keegan was still in charge when we played Bolton and we only got 47, 711

Don't confuse him with facts.

its also a fact that 47711 is more than 46688  mackems.gif

Basic things, like results and figures, don't sit easy with you do they lad  bluelaugh.gif

rubbish.

Learn to read.

Yeah, obviously everyone else's gates are falling because of the economy, whereas ours are falling because of Ashley. :lol:

:lol:

rubbish.

Learn to read.

So do you think the state of the economy has anything to do with Newcastle's falling gates?

do you think your management structure, poor results and turmoil at the club, has had nothing to do with it  mackems.gif ?

rubbish.

Learn to read.

do you think your management structure, poor results and turmoil at the club, has had nothing to do with it   mackems.gif ?

You not going to answer the question then?

Right, that's enough.  Fuck off back to the other thread O0

whats your opinion on the falling crowds then ?

Mine is that its down to the apathy, lack of positive direction and and the knowledge that we have owners that have zero ambition. Isn't that what the thread is about, or are you like melanchronic and only want to take part in debates that you agree with ?

My opinion is that you should fuck off back to the other thread if you don't want to discuss crowds in this thread.  In a non aggressive manner of course O0

Mine is that its down to the apathy, lack of positive direction and and the knowledge that we have owners that have zero ambition. Isn't that what the thread is about, or are you like melanchronic and only want to take part in debates that you agree with ?

My opinion is that you should fuck off back to the other thread if you don't want to discuss crowds in this thread.  In a non aggressive manner of course O0

who isn't discussing crowds ?

What you mean is you just want to discuss things with people who agree with you ?

Whatever the truth is ........

rubbish.

Learn to read.

do you think your management structure, poor results and turmoil at the club, has had nothing to do with it   mackems.gif ?

I've told you why they are down. They will go down further if he persists in running the club with this management structure you have harped on about which results in turmoil at the club.

Start winning, and they will go up again.

You must be a bigger fool than I thought if you don't see this.

rubbish.

Learn to read.

I've told you why they are down. They will go down further if he persists in running the club with this management structure you have harped on about which results in turmoil at the club.

Right, so attendances are down all over the country because of the state of the economy but it has nothing to do with them being down here.

Glad we cleared that one up.

What you mean is you just want to discuss things with people who agree with you ?

Read from here to where I told you to stop and get back to me

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php?topic=57729.msg1571014#msg1571014

You weren't discussing crowds lad O0

rubbish.

Learn to read.

Right, so attendances are down all over the country because of the state of the economy but it has nothing to do with them being down here.

no, I'm saying that if the clubs situation improves they will go up again, and you must be a complete fool if you don't see this.

Read from here to where I told you to stop and get back to me

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php?topic=57729.msg1571014#msg1571014

You weren't discussing crowds lad O0

you're totally wrong.

What the club does, and the optimism or lack of it, is mirrored in the crowds. And that, in a nutshell, is what I'm saying.

rubbish.

Learn to read.

no, I'm saying that if the clubs situation improves they will go up again, and you must be a complete fool if you don't see this.

I agree that they would go up but that doesn't mean that they haven't gone down because of the state of the economy, if people are looking to make cuts and are not getting any enjoyment from watching the club at the moment then it's obvious that that's where they will look to save money, at the same time if the economy was in the same state it is now back when the likes of Souness and Roeder were in charge then I would have expected the same drop in attendances back then too.

rubbish.

Learn to read.

I agree that they would go up but that doesn't mean that they haven't gone down because of the state of the economy, if people are looking to make cuts and are not getting any enjoyment from watching the club at the moment then it's obvious that that's where they will look to save money, at the same time if the economy was in the same state it is now back when the likes of Souness and Roeder were in charge then I would have expected the same drop in attendances back then too.

but they didn't.

Stop defending the shambolic mess the club is in courtesy of Ashley and his "plan". It hasn;t worked, it isn't going to work, and thats why the crowds are down. They would be down even further if more people paid on a match to match basis.

Guest elbee909

rubbish.

Learn to read.

but they didn't.

I think you missed the bit where he said "If the economy was in the same state it is now back when the likes of Souness and Roeder were in charge then I would have expected the same drop in attendances back then too."

Our attendances are still the third highest in the league, incidentally.

rubbish.

Learn to read.

but they didn't.

I think you missed the bit where he said "If the economy was in the same state it is now back when the likes of Souness and Roeder were in charge then I would have expected the same drop in attendances back then too."

so if Ashley doesn't bugger off and we don't give people more optimism, the crowds won't go up ?

This defending of the shambles the club is in thanks to Ashley and his grand plans and DOF bollocks, is almost as cringeworthy as the comments by mick in my sig.

rubbish.

Learn to read.

but they didn't.

so if Ashley doesn't bugger off and we don't give people more optimism, the crowds won't go up ?

This defending of the shambles the club is in thanks to Ashley and his grand plans and DOF bollocks, is almost as cringeworthy as the comments by mick in my sig.

You're obsessed :lol:

Guest elbee909

rubbish.

Learn to read.

but they didn't.

I'm sure attendances would increase should optimism return.  In the same way that they did when Ashley brought Keegan in.  Whatever the case it's hardly beyond the realms of possibility that fewer matchday tickets are being sold for more than one reason, one of which being the economic downturn.  This doesn't exonerate the present mess, but in your twisted mind everything is about the same bloody argument.  Which is an argument you only seem to have so that you can continue to try to demonstrate how stupid Mick, Ozzie etc. are.

Guest toonlass

How come though, the very game that crowds through the door should have been at their lowest of the season (if the anti-ashley thinking is true) is Hull City and yet this has had the biggest turnout this year? Surely people were at their angriest and most empassioned about the situation at the Hull game and yet there were nearly 6000 more at that game than at the game against Villa. Economics has to be taken into consideration too. I think there is a mixture of people not at the games now, people who have decided not to come through the turnstiles because of Ashley and co, and those who simply cannot afford to anymore. It doesn't have to be one or the other, they are not mutually exclusive.

Guest elbee909

One thing I've noticed is how much harder it is to get cheap travel up to Newcastle, actually.  I used to be able to wrangle relatively low price train tickets but they seem much harder to come by in recent months.