The offers aren't enough

Dave

Is it a question of Ashley's price is too high, or that the bidders are bidding too low? I don't think anybody here could answer that question unless they were directly involved with the deal tbh.

I don't expect him to sell at a loss.

It doesn't matter how much is offered, it'll alway be that he's asking too much.

If any sale doesn't go through, then yes.

He says he's desperate to get away. How desperate?

Is it a question of Ashley's price is too high, or that the bidders are bidding too low? I don't think anybody here could answer that question unless they were directly involved with the deal tbh.

It doesn't matter how much is offered, it'll alway be that he's asking too much.

If he's desperate to sell he'll cover his losses or make a small profit and get the deal done. If he wants to keep the club he needs to start running it like a proper club and invest money.

On the other hand if he wants to keep the club and NOT invest, he is just bleeding the club dry and putting it's future at stake. That's really all there is to it.

If he's desperate to sell he'll cover his losses or make a small profit and get the deal done. If he wants to keep the club he needs to start running it like a proper club and invest money.

On the other hand if he wants to keep the club and NOT invest, he is just bleeding the club dry and putting it's future at stake. That's really all there is to it.

:thup:

Guest The Libertine

this will obviously be shit upon as the devil himself said it, but who remembers when he said he'll sell it to the right buyers and not just any random people?

maybe, just maybe, there have been no acceptable offers from the right sort of people.

this will obviously be s*** upon as the devil himself said it, but who remembers when he said he'll sell it to the right buyers and not just any random people?

maybe, just maybe, there have been no acceptable offers from the right sort of people.

I doubt that's the case, he let them go through the books.

well said

Maybe he's not desperate to sell like people are assuming.

That's fine, but then he should get on with running the club properly and make quality signings in January that will match his ambitions of bringing CL football to Newcastle. That was his aim at the start of the season after all.

Maybe he's not desperate to sell like people are assuming.

That's fine, but then he should get on with running the club properly and make quality signings in January that will match his ambitions of bringing CL football to Newcastle. That was his aim at the start of the season after all.

Ok.

People change their minds though. This was Keegan on asked about whether he'd return to management 3 months before he came back.

"I don't think it will happen. I think my life has gone in a different direction.

"You never know, I mean I do get offers to go back into football, but I made a decision that I would come and do something different with my life."

He added: "I mean I haven't watched a game of football, I mean live, since my last game at Manchester City - and I can't even remember what game that was now."

Bit of a difference between someone saying they're not expecting a job offer and someone burning their bridges like Ashley has.

But if no-ones wanting to buy the club, then he might have no choice.

Bit of a difference between someone saying they're not expecting a job offer and someone burning their bridges like Ashley has.

Why?

'I don't think it will happen.'

'I am no longer prepared to subsidise Newcastle United.'

You think those sentiments are comparable?

Why?

totally different situation anyway, one is a private individual with a vague statement about himself and another is ashley outlining alleged plans for his business and our club. pointless comparison.

not even sure what the point is anyway. it seems there's always someone who tries to excuse anything ashley has done or is doing by saying 'ooh keegan lied too!" or "but shepherd did it!". it;s like there's no justification using ashley himself and all people can do is try to deflect onto others.

Why?

Wasnt ONut point that people change there mind?

this will obviously be shit upon as the devil himself said it, but who remembers when he said he'll sell it to the right buyers and not just any random people?

In my opinion,  the problem football has is that I dont think there is a "right sort of people". Whoever they are, their agenda, maybe 8 times out of 10 to be to make sure they make some money - or at worst dont lose.

I must admit I havent an earthly clue who our ideal owners would be

Why?

And my point was that when you're discussing issues of such differing importance there's no comparison whatsoever.

totally different situation anyway, one is a private individual with a vague statement about himself and another is ashley outlining alleged plans for his business and our club. pointless comparison.

not even sure what the point is anyway. it seems there's always someone who tries to excuse anything ashley has done or is doing by saying 'ooh keegan lied too!" or "but shepherd did it!". it;s like there's no justification using ashley himself and all people can do is try to deflect onto others.

When has Ashley lied? 

When has Ashley lied? 

he hasn't, he's told the truth every time he opens his mouth and this has panned out just as he thought it would, cos he was always clear and open right from the start.

Why?

And my point was that when you're discussing issues of such differing importance there's no comparison whatsoever.

Nope, still dont see it, so Ashley cant change his mind?

What is there to see?

Of course he can change his mind. The point is considering the severity of the two situations I find it much more unlikely than Keegan getting a job when he didn't see himself being offered one. In my opinion Ashley has burnt his bridges. Keegan did nothing of the sort.

Are you winding me up?