The offers aren't enough

Dave

Yet again people are assuming the price is sky-high. Maybe the offers were ridiculously low...

We don't know.  ???

Do you think £250 was fair?

I'd give him £250 for it like.

Hilarious.

Do you think the £250m asking price was fair.

Where have you plucked that figure from?

Yet again people are assuming the price is sky-high. Maybe the offers were ridiculously low...

We don't know.  ???

Do you think £250 was fair?

I'd give him £250 for it like.

Hilarious.

Do you think the £250m asking price was fair.

I haven't got the first clue as to whether it's a fair price or not. It's his asset and he can value it at whatever the fuck he likes. It's none of my, or your, business tbh.

Guest Stephen927

It's all well and good telling him to drop his alleged asking price but put in his shoes I think it'd be a different story for a lot of people.

Basically told to fuck right off, he tries to sell and has trouble with his valuation, what more can he do, short of inviting Keegan round for Christmas?

Ashley should man up and take a financial loss like everyone else atm.

:lol:

I realise we both have our opposing views regarding the situation but i'm sorry that is just plain ridiculous.

alternatively he could admit that the long dramatic whine about selling up was bollocks and he had no intention of letting go at a price the market dictated.

if he truly wanted out for the sake of his family, and was just a 'fan' all along, i'm sure he wouldn't mind taking a small hit or only getting his money back. but it was bullshit, the man can't be trusted. he's as hard nosed as they come - as your response implies - and won't sell until he feels can make a bit of cash, his intention all along.

btw this is presuming we arent selling up this season. if he sells up before the window i'll at least give him credit for that, but i cant see it happening with the kinnear announcements.

Like I said in the NUSC thread, I would like to know what price Ashley is willing to sell at. Obviously no one is prepared to pay £280-300million suggested by Keith Harris, but seeing that Ashley himself has only paid around £240m there was surely some leeway for lowering the price to encourage a sale?

Is he desperate to sell or not? If he intends to keep the club he has to invest in it properly otherwise he risks doing irreperable damage and there will be hell on if he's seen to be milking the club while it limps along on the cheap. I think we need some clarification as to Ashley's intentions.

Aye, and I've asked for a fog jumper for Christmas.

alternatively he could admit that the long dramatic whine about selling up was bollocks and he had no intention of letting go at a price the market dictated.

if he truly wanted out for the sake of his family, and was just a 'fan' all along, i'm sure he wouldn't mind taking a small hit or only getting his money back. but it was bullshit, the man can't be trusted. he's as hard nosed as they come - as your response implies - and won't sell until he feels can make a bit of cash, his intention all along.

btw this is presuming we arent selling up this season. if he sells up before the window i'll at least give him credit for that, but i cant see it happening with the kinnear announcements.

If he wasn't trying to sell then why employ people to try and sell the club?  Harris will not be working for nothing.

Why shoud he sell at a loss?

Why shoud he sell at a loss?

Thousand of people all over the country are now having to sell their houses at a lot less than what they wanted 6 months ago - that's the way things go - why should a football club be different?

Thousand of people all over the country are now having to sell their houses at a lot less than what they wanted 6 months ago - that's the way things go - why should a football club be different?

Thousands of people have a choice about selling, just like he does.

Ashley should man up and take a financial loss like everyone else atm.

I realise we both have our opposing views regarding the situation but i'm sorry that is just plain ridiculous.

Or he could admit that the market isnt right and that the baggage surrounding the club is making it a difficult asset to sell, that his selling price is perfectly reasonable and with this being the case is willing to carry on with his original plans and back his manager, starting from this January.

Anyone can play this game.

Seems to be the usual rubbish though.

People are losing their mindsover this, i genuinely cant believe how much s*** is being spewed about this issue.

(No doubt all ill get as a reply is a sarcastic comment about how we'll be lucky if he backs his manager, completely missing the point)

If we're using housing analogies (bit out of my comfort zone here like): isn't Ashley's "house" (i.e. Newcastle United Football Club) in a fair amount of disarray? (I'd bet someone could come up with some good comparisons between our problems: interim manager, players out of contract, in the relegation zone, etc. and that of an ailing old house, but it's definitely not my bag).

Also, with the nation in a recession isn't it natural that the value of the club should be less than what he paid for it?

If he's asking for any more than what he's put in then he wants shot with shit.

Like I said in the NUSC thread, I would like to know what price Ashley is willing to sell at. Obviously no one is prepared to pay £280-300million suggested by Keith Harris, but seeing that Ashley himself has only paid around £240m there was surely some leeway for lowering the price to encourage a sale?

Is he desperate to sell or not? If he intends to keep the club he has to invest in it properly otherwise he risks doing irreperable damage and there will be hell on if he's seen to be milking the club while it limps along on the cheap. I think we need some clarification as to Ashley's intentions.

i dont believe the £244m figure for a second, ashley has came out with contrary statements about the debt since he arrived, saying its gone and then saying it remains, and has manipulated figures to make himself look better. i would not be suprised if ashley is using things like transfer fees or even player wages and amortisation or liabilities as a 'debt' he, ie the club, has paid off.

our debt was something like £52m before Ashley came in, all but around £5m of that being stadium debt which ashley had to pay anyway and can be considered part of the purchase cost. other than that there was a £17m overdraft. since harris says that debt remains, let's be charitable to ashley and presume it is the non-stadium debt and that ashley paid off the rest, meaning an outlay of around £200m on his part to buy the club and clear most the debts. so how does he get £244m? well, funnily enough our cumulative transfer fees since Ashley came in are £44m! meaning we get the magic £244m figure. how coincidental...

i dont believe the £244m figure for a second, ashley has came out with contrary statements about the debt since he arrived, saying its gone and then saying it remains, and has manipulated figures to make himself look better. i would not be suprised if ashley is using things like transfer fees or even player wages and amortisation or liabilities as a 'debt' he, ie the club, has paid off.

our debt was something like £52m before Ashley came in, all but around £5m of that being stadium debt which ashley had to pay anyway and can be considered part of the purchase cost. other than that there was a £17m overdraft. since harris says that debt remains, let's be charitable to ashley and presume it is the non-stadium debt and that ashley paid off the rest, meaning an outlay of around £200m on his part to buy the club and clear most the debts. so how does he get £244m? well, funnily enough our cumulative transfer fees since Ashley came in are £44m! meaning we get the magic £244m figure. how coincidental...

:lol: :lol:

The evil genius.

Thousands of people have a choice about selling, just like he does.

not all of them release 1500 word essays to the press telling everyone how they are selling up and how it isnt about money but about the safety of their family and the fact they are 'fans' who know when they arent welcome. let's for a minute think that baloney is actually true, then it would be disgraceful to try and profiteer from the situation, especially when the market is bad and everyone is taking financial hits. in that case, yes, he should man up and stop trying to profiteer from the situation.

However, as i said when he put the club up - Ashley won't be thinking about the club but about getting as much money as he can even if it is to our detriment, something a few people gave me stick over. The reason he appointed Harris was to see if he could get the large amount of money he wanted, quite simple. But he didnt appoint Harris to go for a quick sale for the reasons he said he did. And if he can't get the money he'll keep the club and run it as a business for a few years until the market is deemed more favourable.

The evil genius.

just a hypothesis.

i suppose you believed him when he said the club didnt owe a penny to anyone or when mort said the club was close to collapse, too.

The evil genius.

just a hypothesis.

i suppose you believed him when he said the club didnt owe a penny to anyone or when mort said the club was close to collapse, too.

I actually thought that he was referring to 3rd parties external to football when he talked about debt repayment. Im sure Mort harped on about interest etc when he was talking about Ashleys "investment".

I also believed alot of what Keegan said.

The evil genius.

just a hypothesis.

I actually thought that he was referring to 3rd parties external to football when he talked about debt repayment. Im sure Mort harped on about interest etc when he was talking about Ashleys "investment".

I also believed alot of what Keegan said.

as i said, he'll manipulate the figures to make himself look better. it's not like he's making official stock market announcements when he chats to rob beasley or writes a press release so he can say what he likes.

not all of them release 1500 word essays to the press telling everyone how they are selling up and how it isnt about money but about the safety of their family and the fact they are 'fans' who know when they arent welcome. let's for a minute think that baloney is actually true, then it would be disgraceful to try and profiteer from the situation, especially when the market is bad and everyone is taking financial hits. in that case, yes, he should man up and stop trying to profiteer from the situation.

However, as i said when he put the club up - Ashley won't be thinking about the club but about getting as much money as he can even if it is to our detriment, something a few people gave me stick over. The reason he appointed Harris was to see if he could get the large amount of money he wanted, quite simple. But he didnt appoint Harris to go for a quick sale for the reasons he said he did. And if he can't get the money he'll keep the club and run it as a business for a few years until the market is deemed more favourable.

How much was he wanting for the club?

How much was he wanting for the club?

too much, evidently

if this changes in the immediate future ill give him credit for it, otherwise it shows his emotional outburst was rubbish. fwiw i dont think playing games like that is in the best interests of the club, yet another blot in his copybook.

Guest Stephen927

Is it a question of Ashley's price is too high, or that the bidders are bidding too low? I don't think anybody here could answer that question unless they were directly involved with the deal tbh.

I don't expect him to sell at a loss.

Is it a question of Ashley's price is too high, or that the bidders are bidding too low? I don't think anybody here could answer that question unless they were directly involved with the deal tbh.

I don't expect him to sell at a loss.

It doesn't matter how much is offered, it'll alway be that he's asking too much.