Mark Viduka

Rich

Guest Heneage

This is why I get so pissed off at KK. We had so much potential.

We are starting to get the workings of a tight defence with Colo and Bassong. The midfield he had used in the run up to the relegation fight was far from brilliant, yes it was the best of the relegation fighters, but the likes of Butt, Geremi, would not and should not be first team starting XI players. BUT, with Keegan it worked, Geremi was putting the balls in, Butt was sweeping up and that was it.

Now ok the summer was not what Keegan wanted, but all the summer signings were very good and definite improvements on what we have, Bassong showing that today, i'd even include Xisco in this, as I see him as that "Prospect striker" that is a good back up till he can grow and settle. Guthrie is a snip as a replacement for Butt in terms of a passing midfielder that can tackle, and really I'd say Guthrie is better as he can shoot and go forward.

Now this is where my anger stems with Keegan the fact he quit basically. In Owen, Martins, Viduka, we have a great strike force that is so varied in skills and talents. Owen is a born finisher who is a great scorer of goals not a great goal scorer. And that's where Martins comes in, he will conjure up the truly magical goal that no one expects. He is fast, tricky, and great for fast counter attacks. Then at the tip Viduka, the one who will be the hardest to replace as you can't teach a Football brain, amazing close control and the man who brings the other two into play. I think it was more chance that they were available than anything but Keegan had the workings of a great strike force an it kept all three happy, and showed good tactical knowledge.

Now with further time and more investment this january and summer, we could have worked on midfield and got some real class in, had we been higher up we may have been able to take advantage of Pompey and get Diarra like we almost did, and then a third midfielder, just thinking about the potential now gets me angered.

Guest The Wise Guy

Hes one of my favourite player at the club and he is undoubtedly one of our most important players as well. You could see what he is capable of doing when he is playing last season. Therefore, I think it is a big shame that he gets injured regularly because hes a great player which could make a difference to the team especially in trying times like now. Lets just hope he can keep himself fit for the rest of the season.

I just wish there was some sort of master tactician out there, that could conjure a working formula for Owen, Martins and Viduka. Cos they're all fucking brilliant players in their own right; and if we could get all three playing in tandom we'd be coasting.

Tooj will start fondling himself when he reads this.

Tooj will start fondling himself when he reads this.

:lol:  That's what I thought when I read it.

Shame that Llambias and co. thought he wasn't worthy enough of full backing and support.

Viduka in his short time on the pitch showed just what we are missing in our front men and have been for years. Not only does the ball stick to his feet, he's so clever at using it and manoevering shooting positions from nowhere. My one big hope is that he will play the rest of the season - with his contract running out in the summer he will be busting a gut to earn a new one, either here or somewhere else. It could have a massive impact on our season if JFK can get the puzzle right like KK did last season.

Guest Gemmill

I just wish there was some sort of master tactician out there, that could conjure a working formula for Owen, Martins and Viduka. Cos they're all fucking brilliant players in their own right; and if we could get all three playing in tandom we'd be coasting.

Are you having a fucking laugh?  Obafemi Martins is a fucking brilliant player?

I agree on Viduka being one of our most important players though.

Guest Stephen927

With Mark Viduka on the pitch you know if you play the ball to his feet it'll stick, I just wish we had that attacking midfielder to link up with him from midfield. Maybe Jonas could do it as he has so much energy and drive.

It's tragic that throughout his career he has been injury prone. Looks trimmer than I've ever seen him now so hopefully that'll solve a couple of his problems. He's got everything but pace, but with a good footballing brain you don't need pace.

Are you having a fucking laugh?  Obafemi Martins is a fucking brilliant player?

I agree on Viduka being one of our most important players though.

:lol:

Viduka showed some lovely touches and control as per usual when he came on yesterday. Shame he doesn't have some good runners from midfield around him.