Finances web-site

macbeth

A thread dedicated to the performance of the NUFC board, talking about the financial results they published, and within the first page NE5 is having a go at another person regarding a manager who left 8 years ago.

You can try and distract people away from the issues they were discussing but they can see you support the wealth of the Hall and Shepherd families before you support the well-being of NUFC.

Our financial position, as the NUFC board states so explicitly, is purely under their control. Not Souness, not Dalglish, not McKeag, not Westwood, but them. They are responsible.

..... and you are including in your figures, monies that are spread over the last 8-10 years...of course it isn't that you are trying to give an impression that the club would suddenly have an instant cash injection of 35m quid if they hadn't taken dividends over the period in question so mislead people ....

:lol:

Like I said, Ozzie needs people like you to tell him that he was wrong to support his hero, when he clearly on many occasions said he supported the money he was given, the players he bought and sold and all with no awareness of the financial implications despite being told what they would be by myself and others.

As I also said previously, you would prefer that bloke from the Post Office to run NUFC, and his appointment of a manager for 4m quid a year and the selling off of the English football fans future for the next 100 years  bluesleep.gif

A thread dedicated to the performance of the NUFC board, talking about the financial results they published, and within the first page NE5 is having a go at another person regarding a manager who left 8 years ago.

You can try and distract people away from the issues they were discussing but they can see you support the wealth of the Hall and Shepherd families before you support the well-being of NUFC.

Our financial position, as the NUFC board states so explicitly, is purely under their control. Not Souness, not Dalglish, not McKeag, not Westwood, but them. They are responsible.

..... and you are including in your figures, monies that are spread over the last 8-10 years...of course it isn't that you are trying to give an impression that the club would suddenly have an instant cash injection of 35m quid if they hadn't taken dividends over the period in question so mislead people ....

Would they have burnt the money ? They could have paid off the loan for the ground with that money. Would have made no difference to the the money they gave to the managers at all, but the club would have no debt on the  ground, a mortgage free existence.

There is no misleading being done on my side of this. Shareholders took out £35m. If they hadn't taken it out where would it be ? You impl;y it wouldn't be here now, so I really would love you to tell us where it would be. Would they have paid the players more ? Would they have spent more on buying in players ? If not those, then what ?

If you are happy that we have given away £35m should we give away £35m over the next 8-10 years too ?

Like I said, Ozzie needs people like you to tell him that he was wrong to support his hero, when he clearly on many occasions said he supported the money he was given, the players he bought and sold and all with no awareness of the financial implications despite being told what they would be by myself and others.

So you are criticsing someone for now agreeing with your point of view from a year ago, that you have subsequently changed by supporting the board's decisions ?  blueeek.gif

As I also said previously, you would prefer that bloke from the Post Office to run NUFC, and his appointment of a manager for 4m quid a year and the selling off of the English football fans future for the next 100 years  bluesleep.gif

Would they have burnt the money ? They could have paid off the loan for the ground with that money. Would have made no difference to the the money they gave to the managers at all, but the club would have no debt on the  ground, a mortgage free existence.

There is no misleading being done on my side of this. Shareholders took out £35m. If they hadn't taken it out where would it be ? You impl;y it wouldn't be here now, so I really would love you to tell us where it would be. Would they have paid the players more ? Would they have spent more on buying in players ? If not those, then what ?

If you are happy that we have given away £35m should we give away £35m over the next 8-10 years too ?

So you are criticsing someone for now agreeing with your point of view from a year ago, that you have subsequently changed by supporting the board's decisions ?  blueeek.gif

I support the football club. If they weren't making money, like the old boards who ran the club the way you would like it to be run, there would be a bigger problem as it is proven to lead nowhere but bottom of the old 2nd division and 15,000 crowds after 30+ years of trying it.

Your jealousy and agenda continues I see..... you have a problem with people who are better off than you don't you

Have you told Ozzie and the others who you could support your crusade that they should not have supported Souness' wild spending spree and kicking out players he didn't want for peanuts ?

I support the football club. If they weren't making money, like the old boards who ran the club the way you would like it to be run, there would be a bigger problem as it is proven to lead nowhere but bottom of the old 2nd division and 15,000 crowds after 30+ years of trying it.

Which bit of the £12m loss in 11 months do you classify as making money ?

Your jealousy and agenda continues I see..... you have a problem with people who are better off than you don't you

Only if they are bleeding money out of my football club. I feel my attitude is better than you doffing your cap at the rich man. I question what I see. You subserviently accept that they deserve the money more than our club do.

Have you told Ozzie and the others who you could support your crusade that they should not have supported Souness' wild spending spree and kicking out players he didn't want for peanuts ?

As quoted above ...

At least Shepherd recognises something that you won't. In their accounts he includes the following paragraph

"The acquisition of players and their related payroll costs, are one of the most significant and high profile risks facing the club. The approval of all player transfers is a matter specifically reserved for decision by the Board "

Shepherd seems to be suggesting he was responsible for the wild spending, not who ever the manager was. Do you think he is lying to us ??

It is important that those who are complaining now, but who supported the destruction of the team by Souness and supported his overspending acknowledge the fact they were spouting total shite when they supported what was happening at the club.

It means they were wrong that time but couldn't see it until using hindsight. Perhaps they are wrong again......

Hmm, there could be a lesson for some there.

You say it as though those you refer to actually have any effect on the outcomes at all. :lol:

No I don't. That's just your predictable attempt to deflect the point.

No it isn't. That's just your predictable attempt to deflect the point. ;)

How about some people wanted Souness to do well, as that would mean NUFC was doing well? Hell, some people even agreed with the sale of Bellamy because they thought he was a bad slur on the club, regardless of the undoubted fact we were weakening our team.

Why is there seemingly a point-scoring tone to many of your posts? So you thought Souness would fuck us up and he did. Well done, have a balloon.

You say it as though those you refer to actually have any effect on the outcomes at all. :lol:

No I don't. That's just your predictable attempt to deflect the point.

No it isn't. That's just your predictable attempt to deflect the point. ;)

How about some people wanted Souness to do well, as that would mean NUFC was doing well? Hell, some people even agreed with the sale of Bellamy because they thought he was a bad slur on the club, regardless of the undoubted fact we were weakening our team.

Why is there seemingly a point-scoring tone to many of your posts? So you thought Souness would **** us up and he did. Well done, have a balloon.

Para 2 - It's only 2 pages, read the whole thread ffs.

Para 3 - Two reasons.

1) Because I was constantly abused for my opinion at the time, yet I'm accused of abuse by people such as yourself. Much the same as now in fact. Interestingly people who were stupid enough to be taken in by the Souness propaganda machine thought it would be easy to replace a good player like Bellamy, some even claiming he wasn't that good anyway. Sound familiar, does it? It should, you read similar everyday in threads about the shite Board.

2) Because people are in total denial, it's as though they've forgotten they backed it while it was happening.

I hope you'll remember when I next ask you a question that I always answer yours, and those of others.

Edit : To make it clearer for Dave.

1. Where have I accused you of abusing people?

2. If you were close enough for someone to verbally abuse you, why didn't you fight them?

3. What colour balloon do you want?

OMG. Just jumped out the sandpit Dave......

You just can't debate anything can you, mate?

For what it's worth, it's hilarious that you accuse me of being unable to debate when the sum of your arguments seems to lie on:

- I was right all along on topic X, aren't I great.

- You are wrong. If you disagree, refer to the point above, where I was right all along on topic X.

Anyway, we've disagreed before and we are covering old ground here. I won't post anymore.

For what it's worth, it's hilarious that you accuse me of being unable to debate when the sum of your arguments seems to lie on:

- I was right all along on topic X, aren't I great.

- You are wrong. If you disagree, refer to the point above, where I was right all along on topic X.

Anyway, we've disagreed before and we are covering old ground here. I won't post anymore.

Total bollocks, but what the hell. You and your type are inclined to fall back onto this kind of spitting the dummy out stuff rather than having to admit you were wrong.

Me, I make plenty of mistakes and am more than prepared to admit it. I thought Bramble would be good for Newcastle, for example, but I was wrong. I even thought Babayaro was a decent signing by shithead, I was wrong about that too. It really doesn't bother me to admit it and to say I'm not always right, which more or less shows your argument above to be the bollocks I've just said it is.

What do I have to admit I was wrong about?

- I was thoroughly underwhelmed by Souness' appointment.

- I wanted Souness to succeed as it inherently meant my team would do likewise.

- I was happy when we signed Owen as I think he's a world class finisher. I thought we paid over the odds for him, for a variety of reasons.

- I wanted Bellamy out, I think he's a little shit who was causing trouble here. I also think he's a cracking footballer who we have not replaced.

What else are you going to accuse me on? I will reply.

PS - I clearly lied about not posting anymore.

What do I have to admit I was wrong about?

- I was thoroughly underwhelmed by Souness' appointment.

- I wanted Souness to succeed as it inherently meant my team would do likewise.

- I was happy when we signed Owen as I think he's a world class finisher. I thought we paid over the odds for him, for a variety of reasons.

- I wanted Bellamy out, I think he's a little shit who was causing trouble here. I also think he's a cracking footballer who we have not replaced.

What else are you going to accuse me on? I will reply.

PS - I clearly lied about not posting anymore.

Dave, did you take my original post as being aimed toward you in particular for some reason?

Nobody has suggested that it's wrong to want Souness to succeed once he was appointed, we all wanted that.

I'm not happy that I was right that he would destroy the team and bring the club to it's knees. I wish I'd been wrong. The fact is the majority of those moaning now about the state of the finances of the club are the very same people who wanted Souness to be given the money to build his own team and who would have moaned like fúck had the Board not made the cash available. Yet they won't face up to that fact.  A lot of these are the same people who also moan about the club not spending money in summer 2003, despite been in transfer deficit to the tune of ~£45m over the previous 32 months or so by bringing in players in an effort to break into the top 4 and get into the CL. It is ignored we were the only club to have spent big during January 2003. This is the bigger picture, Dave.

Having a desire for the twát to succeed shouldn't have made people blind to the fact he was destroying the club but they were blind to it for some reason. In particular, the way some people turned on a player who was previously dedicated to the club and who was acknowledged as a top player for us was staggering and a disgrace, tbh. These same people throw the dummy out when a journalist says a bad word about Newcastle fans! What a joke that is.

BTW did you bother reading the whole thread yet, you know, the first two pages where I believe in my first post on  page 1 I'd already covered one of the hissy fit type comments you responded with?

PS Couldn't give a shit whether you lied about replying or not. Couldn't give a shit whether you reply at all to this post, tbh. After all this time I really don't expect you to get it, but while people continue to post anti-Newcastle threads I'll post my comment in them pointing these things out. You and others will be tempted to give it the old "broken record" stuff, but you won't see me starting threads to make these comments, just replies to those continually putting the knife into the club.

Cheers for now

You and your type are inclined to fall back onto this kind of spitting the dummy out stuff rather than having to admit you were wrong.

I responded to this above. With regards to your post on page 2 I was just annoyed by the whole 'Ooh look, i'll stick in a post about how everyone was wrong' tone. I didn't read the rest of the thread, no. Sorry about that.

The lied comment was tongue-in-cheek; I know you don't care. It's similar to my feelings about your posts, I just bit that time. I'll try not to do it again.

Me, I make plenty of mistakes and am more than prepared to admit it.

That's good to know.

Please direct us to the post where you acknowledge that responsibility for the state of the club rests with the people who are making the decisions and signing the cheques.

You and your type are inclined to fall back onto this kind of spitting the dummy out stuff rather than having to admit you were wrong.

I responded to this above. With regards to your post on page 2 I was just annoyed by the whole 'Ooh look, i'll stick in a post about how everyone was wrong' tone. I didn't read the rest of the thread, no. Sorry about that.

The lied comment was tongue-in-cheek; I know you don't care. It's similar to my feelings about your posts, I just bit that time. I'll try not to do it again.

You really should pay more attention to what I say, Dave.  :cool:

BTW The comment I made that you put in bold was well justified, given your first response. Also, you should try to see past what you imagine to be the tone of a post and actually read and understand what is being posted. Whether you agree with it or not, the content of any post is more important than how you imagine the tone. This is a forum, after all.

Guest The Fox

HTL is totally predictable he quotes posts that people are supposed to have made then fails miserably to substantiate his lies.

According to him i did not want Robson, total lie; I said Keegan had a bad defence, total lie;

I never say anything positive about Shepherd; I've said he always makes money available for his Managers etc. etc.

Its all part of his makeup, he cannot help himself, similar story with NE5, but it makes for banter for a short while before it becomes boring.

So lets stop this nonsense and get back to proper debating without malice, sarcasm and making things up, if thats possible.

Row Row Row the boat gently down..... (HTL's school song)

Have a fun day and expect a result tonight.

It is important that those who are complaining now, but who supported the destruction of the team by Souness and supported his overspending acknowledge the fact they were spouting total shite when they supported what was happening at the club.

It means they were wrong that time but couldn't see it until using hindsight. Perhaps they are wrong again......

Hmm, there could be a lesson for some there.

bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif

It's funny that those who defend the man who appointed Souness are having a go at those who had no say in the appointment, work that one out if you can.