Michael Owen gets injured; rejoice!

Willow

Personally i think he's past it too. No pace what so ever, and no finish any more. Yep if he's provided with chances he's bound to put some away, but he won't be a major force.

Never scored 20 in the PL before, and certainly won't in the future.

Pleased we have got rid, i'd have been pissed off if we'd stayed up and he got a new contract.

Seems like Owen to us is going to happen judging by how strong the rumours are.

Can't say I'm too happy as I just don't see how he would fit into our team. I'd rather not drop one of Cahill/Yak/Fellaini to accommodate him & we haven't got the players for a midfield 4 regardless.

And the fact he is aboslute f***ing dogshit.

If he joins everton he'll score, lots.

:lol:

Can't see it. He is s***, finished. w***.

Come on, realistically.

Only last season he got 7 in his last 9.

Before christmas this season he went on a run of scoring also.

like 6 in 9 games or something, that doesnt suddenly dissapear.

Looked useless after christmas granted, but so did everyone bar vidukas one game v boro.

He can't even run, unless he has a shearer-esque revitalisation I just can't see it..

just ignore him, nufc fan my arse, still hero worshiping the little scumbag

Without starting a pyramid Madras I would say the time for Adams to show he was a leader was when David Batty is offering to take a penalty.

Or Gareth Southgate.

In fact did he ever step up to the mark and take the responsibility for taking a penalty himself?

so he wasn't a leader throughout his international career cos he didn't take a penalty ?

and i would have both batty and southgate up before adams.

Why?

Batty had never taken a penalty before that miss in 1998 yet he still showed more leadership qualities in doing so than Adams, who was hiding in the centre circle at the time.

Again it's back to 'lead by example'

because he had more ball skill than adams.......i'd rather beye than bassong take a penalty type thing.

also that one incident means he wasn't a leader throughout his time as an international ?

Seems like Owen to us is going to happen judging by how strong the rumours are.

Can't say I'm too happy as I just don't see how he would fit into our team. I'd rather not drop one of Cahill/Yak/Fellaini to accommodate him & we haven't got the players for a midfield 4 regardless.

And the fact he is aboslute f***ing dogshit.

If he joins everton he'll score, lots.

:lol:

Can't see it. He is s***, finished. w***.

Come on, realistically.

Only last season he got 7 in his last 9.

Before christmas this season he went on a run of scoring also.

like 6 in 9 games or something, that doesnt suddenly dissapear.

Looked useless after christmas granted, but so did everyone bar vidukas one game v boro.

He can't even run, unless he has a shearer-esque revitalisation I just can't see it..

just ignore him, nufc fan my arse, still hero worshiping the little scumbag

Its just an opinion, dont get so upset about it.  O0

Without starting a pyramid Madras I would say the time for Adams to show he was a leader was when David Batty is offering to take a penalty.

Or Gareth Southgate.

In fact did he ever step up to the mark and take the responsibility for taking a penalty himself?

so he wasn't a leader throughout his international career cos he didn't take a penalty ?

Why?

Batty had never taken a penalty before that miss in 1998 yet he still showed more leadership qualities in doing so than Adams, who was hiding in the centre circle at the time.

Maybe he just knew he was shit at penalties?

Or Gareth Southgate.

Why?

because he had more ball skill than adams.......i'd rather beye than bassong take a penalty type thing.

also that one incident means he wasn't a leader throughout his time as an international ?

One incident?

WTF are you on about?

Did you watch Euro 96 when we had a few penalty shoot outs (without Adams volunteering to step up at any time) or the 98 World Cup where again Adams went missing at the crucial time?

Or did you think both Southgate and Batty missed pens on the same day? :cheesy:

Or Gareth Southgate.

Why?

One incident?

WTF are you on about?

Did you watch Euro 96 when we had a few penalty shoot outs (without Adams volunteering to step up at any time) or the 98 World Cup where again Adams went missing at the crucial time?

or maybe he thought he wasn't very good at penalties

Or Gareth Southgate.

Why?

One incident?

WTF are you on about?

Stop talking sense man.

Or Gareth Southgate.

Why?

One incident?

WTF are you on about?

Or maybe he didn't want to take the responsibility himself.

Or Gareth Southgate.

Why?

One incident?

WTF are you on about?

Or Gareth Southgate.

Why?

One incident?

WTF are you on about?

If Michael Owen and Ashley are amongst the first people out of the club this summer then it would feel like a huge amount of filth and posion have been removed from the club. Getting rid of Ashley and Owen, Viduka, Geremi, Cacapa, Barton and Smith's huge wages would be one massive health boost for the club if it is possible.

Is it possible Adams didn't fancy himself as a penalty taker?

Giggs has just scored.

Anyone know who wore the 99 shirt in the Falklands?

Was it defensive-midfield star, Hugo Viana?

Owen's Premier League stats:

Season GP / G

Liverpool:

96-97  2/1

97-98  36/18

98-99  30/18

99-00  27/11

00-01  28/16

01-02  29/19

02-03  35/19

03-04  29/16

Newcastle

05-06  11/7

06-07  3/0

07-08  29/11

08-09  27/8

And back to the original topic  :pow:

Its strange to see the original quotes again, but surely people know now he wont stay with us in the CCC, i remember his interview regarding the speculation of his contract, kept looking at the floor saying he will wait and see

Will he be a good player in another premiership team? Im gonna have to say no. Hes a spent force with too many previous injurys,  I cant see him reinventing himself like Shearer did

Have no idea where he will go now though  ??? Could see him being half decent in the SPL with somebody like Celtic. At least he would have a canny crack at European football

And back to the original topic  :pow:

Its strange to see the original quotes again, but surely people know now he wont stay with us in the CCC, i remember his interview regarding the speculation of his contract, kept looking at the floor saying he will wait and see

Will he be a good player in another premiership team? Im gonna have to say no. Hes a spent force with too many previous injurys,  I cant see him reinventing himself like Shearer did

Have no idea where he will go now though  ??? Could see him being half decent in the SPL with somebody like Celtic. At least he would have a canny crack at European football

Whats the difference of when he was scoring the start of this season and form suddenly dips post Christmas?

Firstly, the chances created were abysmal.  Secondly, he knew he was leaving wanted to avoid injuries, went through matches without looking like he gave a fuck.  He will be a good addition to anyone in Premiership if he at least halves his wages and joins a team who create chances and a mobile midfield that creates space.

Owen's Premier League stats:

Season GP / G

Liverpool:

96-97  2/1

97-98  36/18

98-99  30/18

99-00  27/11

00-01  28/16

01-02  29/19

02-03  35/19

03-04  29/16

Newcastle

05-06  11/7

06-07  3/0

07-08  29/11

08-09  27/8

Your point?

I don't give a flying fuck how Owen does once he leaves. If he goes to Everton and scores loads then good for him and good for them but so what. We're not even in that league any more.

Only twice in his whole Premiership career has he missed 10 games or more (unluckily for us it was his first two here like). Surprised at that tbh.

Guest toonlass

I can confidently say he will go to Everton, get crocked a week before the season begins, come back, score 2, get injured again, get to just about ready to start again, break down in training, come back, score 3 and then knacker himself for the end of the season. So long Michael son. You've been shit.