Bernard

Huntington

Pattison

O'Brien

Luque

Carroll

Surely?

this is what i was thinking but not what i want to see

Same here, I'd actually chuck Luque in for Emre to keep him fresh for Saturday (like Skirge has done) and I'd love to see O'Brien get a run out at some point. Fairly sure we'll see Milner on the left and N'Zogbia in the middle though whatever happens.

Steve Harper, Tim Krul, Fraser Forster, Pavel Srnicek, Shay Given, Steven Taylor, Craig Moore, Titus Bramble, Peter Ramage, Paul Huntington, Olivier Bernard, Nobby Solano, Emre, Charles N'Zogbia, Nicky Butt, James Milner, James Troisi, Matty Pattison, Alan O'Brien, Albert Luque, Giuseppe Rossi, Antoine Sibierski, Andy Carroll

--------------------Harper

Taylor------Moore-------Bramble-----Bernard

Nobby-------Milner--------Butt----------Zoggy

---------------Sibi-------Luque

BENCH

Krul

Ramage

Huntington

Emre

Pattison

O'Brien

Carroll

Bramble in defence rather than midfield? Are you mad?!

Harper

Taylor

Bramble

Moore

Ramage

Solano

Emre

Butt

N'Zogbia

Milner

Sibierski

Subs

Krul

Bernard

Huntington

Pattison

O'Brien

Luque

Carroll

Surely?

this is what i was thinking but not what i want to see

Same here, I'd actually chuck Luque in for Emre to keep him fresh for Saturday (like Skirge has done) and I'd love to see O'Brien get a run out at some point. Fairly sure we'll see Milner on the left and N'Zogbia in the middle though whatever happens.

Same team although, i'd play Bernard LB instead Ramage and Ramage CB instead of Shambles, but i doubt Glenn will.

Harper, Krul, Forster, Srnicek, Given,

Taylor, Moore, Bramble, Ramage, Huntington, Bernard,

Solano, Emre, N'Zogbia, Butt, Milner, Troisi, Pattison, O'Brien,

Luque, Sibierski, Carroll

----------------------Harper----------------------

Taylor------Moore-------Bramble-----Ramage

Solano--------Emre--------N'Zog---------Milner

------------Sibierski-------Luque---------------

BENCH

Krul

Bernard

Huntington

anyone except Butt

Pattison

O'Brien

Carroll

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~920841,00.html

Magpies Fly Out

By Ian Willis

GLENN Roeder has named a 23-man squad for Thursday's UEFA Cup game with Palermo, though several key players carrying slight knocks will not travel to Sicily.

Roeder jetted out of Newcastle Airport on Wednesday morning with the following squad: Steve Harper, Tim Krul, Fraser Forster, Pavel Srnicek, Shay Given, Steven Taylor, Craig Moore, Titus Bramble, Peter Ramage, Paul Huntington, Olivier Bernard, Nobby Solano, Emre, Charles N'Zogbia, Nicky Butt, James Milner, James Troisi, Matty Pattison, Alan O'Brien, Albert Luque, Giuseppe Rossi, Antoine Sibierski, Andy Carroll

blueconfused.gif blueconfused.gif blueconfused.gif blueconfused.gif

Rossi????

Luq who's back for Toon

Nov 1 2006

By Alan Oliver, The Evening Chronicle

Albert Luque will be given his third start of the season when Newcastle United go in against Palermo in tomorrow night's UEFA Cup tie in Sicily.

And with Glenn Roeder having to decide whether Steve Harper, who continues to struggle with a groin injury, can play two games in three days, 19-year-old rookie keeper Tim Krul has again gone on standby.

And the youngster has a very good chance in making his United debut in what will be a hostile atmosphere in the picturesque Italian island.

Roeder has several other injures to sort out, as joining Michael Owen, Kieron Dyer, Shola Ameobi, Oba Martins and Shay Given will be skipper Scott Parker, who picked up a knock on his knee against Charlton Athletic on Saturday.

And as a result, when United jetted out of Newcastle airport for their 114th European tie, youngsters Paul Huntington, Aussie striker James Troisi and Andy Carroll, who scored the goal in Monday night's reserve victory over Blackburn Rovers at Kingston Park, were in the squad - and they all have a chance of being of being on the bench tomorrow night.

Parker, Damien Duff, Stephen Carr and Celestine Babayaro didn't fly out with the squad this morning, as they rested knocks ahead of United's busy schedule.

Roeder has been forced to turn to the 28-year-old Luque because Owen, Ameobi and Martins are all injured and Sir Alex Ferguson has stopped his Manchester United striker Seppe Rossi from being cup-tied in Europe before he returns to Old Trafford at the end of next month.

Luque actually played and scored in United's first game of the season against Lillestrom in the InterToto Cup, and also in the goalless draw with Ventspils in the UEFA Cup, both at St James' Park.

He has yet to start a Premiership match after being substitute in the opener with Wigan Athletic and then at Aston Villa, and Roeder has challenged him to put himself in the frame for Saturday's crucial game with Sheffield United at St James' Park.

Before boarding United's private jet for Palermo, Roeder told me today: "Albert Luque will start tomorrow night and it is a big opportunity for him - the ball is very much in his court.

"This is the opportunity for him to show what he can do on a fairly big European stage and the chance to prove that he really wants to play for Newcastle United."

In addition to Luque, both Emre and Antoine Sibierski were back in the squad after their respective back and foot injuries and both are expected to play some part tomorrow night.

On Parker's absence Roeder said: "Everybody saw Scott pick up a bad bang on his knee against Charlton and, while tomorrow will come too early for him, we are anticipating that he will be OK to play against Sheffield United on Saturday."

When United arrive in Palermo they will find it's a public holiday in Italy and are hoping this does not affect their plans to train in the Renzo Barbera Stadium, the scene of tomorrow night's tie.

Guest Darth Toon

Well this is the big chance Luque's supporters have been clamouring for.

Wonder what the excuses for him having a shocker will be this time??

Guest Gemmill

Good luck to him, and I hope he plays well.  I have very little expectation that he will though.

No excuses this time mind.

He's starting for a game, in which most of our key players have been rested. I say key, well there aren't really. Noone is expecting anything from Palermo away, is he supposed to shine from a crowd of shite?

He won't put him in for 10 odd minutes against Charlton, yet a game in which we'll more than likely get hammered, he has to show what he's made of?

Want on failure by the sounds.

For those who watch the stiffs how are the likes of Troisi and Carroll? Would they be ready if needed?

i don't think young Troisi is ready yet, the kid is still raw and naive but wouldn't be that worried about carroll getting chucked on,  he's a big lad and has a decent touch and can finish.  Probably the one player coming through at a fast pace,  improving all the time and already taken out of the academy side to be a "reserve regular", will only now play in the youth cup.  i made a prediction to a few lads on Saturday that he'd make his 1st team debut by xmas but it may turn out to be alot sooner!! 

Personally i'd have taken Edgar instead of Huntington,  hunty hasn't been playing as well as last season and on current form Edgar is playing better.

i'd also save Emre for the weekend, play Charlie in the middle and give O'Brien a run out on the left wing, the pace of him and Charlie could be our best chance on the counter attack.

PALERMO (4-4-1-1):

Fontana

Zaccardo, Dellafiore, Barzagli (Bovo), Pisano;

Munari, Parravicini, Guana, Tedesco;

Brienza

Caracciolo

Guest Darth Toon

He's starting for a game, in which most of our key players have been rested. I say key, well there aren't really. Noone is expecting anything from Palermo away, is he supposed to shine from a crowd of shite?

He won't put him in for 10 odd minutes against Charlton, yet a game in which we'll more than likely get hammered, he has to show what he's made of?

Get the excuses in first - even better!

All anyone wants to see is a bit of sweat on his brow, put in a decent shift and look like he gives a fcuk - it really isn't a lot to ask.

Guest Gemmill

All anyone wants to see is a bit of sweat on his brow, put in a decent shift and look like he gives a fcuk - it really isn't a lot to ask.

Aye, I'm not looking for him to be Pele like.  If he looks like a professional footballer it'll be a start.

I'm not excusing anything. I'm saying, if he started sweating buckets from every crevice, if we were to get hammered, it wouldn't matter, and it'd still be seen as failure from roland rat.

Putting him in a more or less no hope of a win game, and expecting him to shine, but it's his only chance to show if he's any good.

How does he have to show he gives a fuck btw? Kissing the badge everytime the camera rolls onto him? Even if he doesn't, there aren't many in our first team that look as if they give a shit either.