The FA Youth Cup 2008/09 - Knocked out, 4-2 to Manchester City (a)

Greg

Guest Heneage

If Lua Lua is going to be any good, he absolutely has to start featuring at first team level soon before he gets bypassed and inevitably fizzles out by 21. Disgrace that he wasn't on the bench on Saturday. :hmm:

Xisco, older, fitter  and with more experience, its common sense man Wullie. Xisco has had no chance what soever and if he's sold I lose all faith in the recruiting policies of this club. That's assuming the idiots who boo him and say he's s*** already haven't scared him off.

Put him on the bench for the weekend in place of Carroll as Viduka and Carroll are way to similar.

How is it common sense to have 3 strikers and no midfielders on the bench?

Its the terms of Established first team players. Xisco is Kazenga isn't. Simple as that, he's coming off the back of an injury picking him and then playing him against a team that are as physical as Stoke would only have given more way to a potential injury.

And as for Viduka Carrolll, glad I made you laugh Wullie. But please tell me the differences they offer?

Both are "Big striker" Viduka has far more control and a better shooting and is a far superior player to Carroll, but in terms of what they offer, they aren't different. If you play Viduka and Martins you have plenty of options, Viduka Carroll you have very little.

viduka and carroll are completely different :lol:

So you'd be happy to play them two up top? As I said to Wullie tell me how they are different then what do the two offer in difference?

Guest Heneage

:lol: owen and martins are very different players but those 2 dont work together either.

Explain how they are different then.

Owen and Martins is easy to see, but I can't see the massive difference in Viduka and Carroll.

:lol: owen and martins are very different players but those 2 dont work together either.

Explain how they are different then.

Owen and Martins is easy to see, but I can't see the massive difference in Viduka and Carroll.

Well one's good for a start. It's like trying to compare Shearer & Ameobi.

If Lua Lua is going to be any good, he absolutely has to start featuring at first team level soon before he gets bypassed and inevitably fizzles out by 21. Disgrace that he wasn't on the bench on Saturday. :hmm:

Xisco, older, fitter  and with more experience, its common sense man Wullie. Xisco has had no chance what soever and if he's sold I lose all faith in the recruiting policies of this club. That's assuming the idiots who boo him and say he's s*** already haven't scared him off.

Put him on the bench for the weekend in place of Carroll as Viduka and Carroll are way to similar.

Its the terms of Established first team players. Xisco is Kazenga isn't. Simple as that, he's coming off the back of an injury picking him and then playing him against a team that are as physical as Stoke would only have given more way to a potential injury.

And as for Viduka Carrolll, glad I made you laugh Wullie. But please tell me the differences they offer?

Both are "Big striker" Viduka has far more control and a better shooting and is a far superior player to Carroll, but in terms of what they offer, they aren't different. If you play Viduka and Martins you have plenty of options, Viduka Carroll you have very little.

Answered your own question.

Oh and in the right system Owen and Martins can work together, we just don't have the players for that system.

Guest Heneage

Answered your own question.

Oh and in the right system Owen and Martins can work together, we just don't have the players for that system.

So why's Carroll being selected then? :lol:

Next round;

Ipswich Town v Crystal Palace

Arsenal v Wolverhampton Wanderers

Preston North End v Sunderland

Chelsea v Walsall

Queens Park Rangers v Newcastle United

Norwich City v Stoke City

Southampton v Watford

Plymouth Argyle v Sheffield Wednesday/Millwall

Bristol Rovers v Liverpool

Bolton Wanderers v Hull City

Burnley/West Bromwich Albion v Everton/Nantwich Town

Middlesbrough v Nottingham Forest

Charlton Athletic v Tottenham Hotspur

Birmingham City v Crewe Alexandra

Portsmouth v Manchester City

Cardiff City v Tranmere Rovers

• 5 weeks later...

Can't find anything on their site, take it you can pay on the door? Do you know how much?

You didn't look very hard.

http://www.qpr.co.uk/page/YouthReports/0,,10373~1508883,00.html

The Club can confirm that our FA Youth Cup fourth round tie against Newcastle United will now take place on Thursday 15th January.

The tie, which will be played at Loftus Road, will kick off at 7.00pm.

Supporters should note that this date has changed from the previously advertised date, due to the Geordies' on-going involvement in the FA Cup.

Tickets for the match are available now from the QPR Box Office, priced £5 adults, £2 Under-16's and senior citizens.

FFs I spent about 15 mins searching that site. :lol: Cheers for the help mate, christ I need it. :shifty:

Really? I just typed 'Youth Cup' in the search box in the top right corner.

It still doesn't say if they are available on the day, but I'm sure they will be as there is no chance it will sell out.

Might want to give them a ring first though, I'll let you find the number on their website.  O0

QPR: Niki-Lee Bulmer, Michael Wright, Femi Ilesanmi, Max Ehmer, Ed Harris, Luke Olley, Josh Parker, Andrew Perring, Antonio German, Terry Smith, Cyrus Sylvan-Vanterpool

Subs: Elliott Cox, Joe Brittain, Javonne Molloy, Danny Bailey, Christian Nanetti

NUFC: Max Johnson, James Tavernier, Paul Dummett, Brad Inman, Jeff Henderson, James Taylor, Conor Newton, Ryan Donaldson ©, Nile Ranger, Michael McCrudden, Shane Ferguson

Subs: Dan Leadbitter, Jak Alnwick, Stephen Folan, Dan Williams, Greg McDermott

Referee: Mr T Mason