West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest BooBoo

How long can you get for GBH?

It's ABH he is facing trial for and I would be very surprised if he gets an

immediate custodial sentence.

Guest Mantis

What disgusts me is that he turns up at court wearing the club suit and tie.  He isn't representing us in court, he is representing the thug that he is.

Well to be fair it depends what has gone on because unlike internet forums, courts have to look at the facts before making decisions.

The internet forum you're on about has an eye witness account on page 28 of this thread.  Read on from this post http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,58769.msg2094746.html#msg2094746

And the Taylor incident, how many eye witness accounts do we have of that?  What injuries has Taylor sustained?  How many punches were thrown?  What did Taylor say/do?  What did Carroll say/do?

And the Taylor incident, how many eye witness accounts do we have of that?  What injuries has Taylor sustained?  How many punches were thrown?  What did Taylor say/do?  What did Carroll say/do?

It would appear that Taylor has suffered a broken jaw which meant Taylor spent a couple of days in hospital.  Two bandaged hands tend to prove that more than one punch was thrown.  What was said is irrelevant as words are not a reason for somebody to commit GBH.

Guest icemanblue

It would appear that Taylor has suffered a broken jaw which meant Taylor spent a couple of days in hospital.  Two bandaged hands tend to prove that more than one punch was thrown.  What was said is irrelevant as words are not a reason for somebody to commit GBH.

I continue to be amazed that you can reach your keyboard from all the way up there.

I continue to be amazed that you can reach your keyboard from all the way up there.

You seem to be managing to reach up to yours so it's not too difficult for either of us by the looks of it.

Maybe it is not a case of Mick being up there but more a case of others being in the gutter & the only thing lower being there moral viewpoint.

Guest BooBoo

What disgusts me is that he turns up at court wearing the club suit and tie.  He isn't representing us in court, he is representing the thug that he is.

Oh for the love of god, shut the hell up.

I hate holier than thou bullshit like that.

Did he? Tbf that is good a thing as most people from G-Head usually pop along to court in the best tracksuit which is usally the Lacoste one.

theres some sad fuckers about. who gives a s*** what he gets up to, what he wears to court, etc etc, as long as he's scoring for us

The Police (not the band either), Michael Cook & Steven Taylor are some of the people who give a shit. Your from Jarra so you come into contact with G-Head morons more than most of us on here so you see his behaviour as normal.

theres some sad fuckers about. who gives a s*** what he gets up to, what he wears to court, etc etc, as long as he's scoring for us

The Police (not the band either), Michael Cook & Steven Taylor are some of the people who give a s***. Your from Jarra so you come into contact with G-Head morons more than most of us on here so you see his behaviour as normal.

i lived in gateshead most my life, im possibly a moron too. and yes, i do wear tracksuits. shit, ive even been done for abh.

I don't mean to be facetious, but Mick, what are your views on Robson getting into a fist fight with his players at Ipswich and Shearer attacking Gillespie?

What are your views Fraz?

Hard to know without all the facts but as the pundits say, I think it's part and parcel of the game.  I've played football and rugby in the past and I've known plenty of fights between players on the same team, normally settled by the end of training.  Carroll's seems worse in that he broke Taylor's jaw but is that the only thing that makes it worse than Shearer/Gillespie or Rooney/Michael Gray, the fact that he's got a harder punch?

Glassing someone at a nightclub is different though.

The Police (not the band either), Michael Cook & Steven Taylor are some of the people who give a s***. Your from Jarra so you come into contact with G-Head morons more than most of us on here so you see his behaviour as normal.

i lived in gateshead most my life, im possibly a moron too. and yes, i do wear tracksuits. s***, ive even been done for abh.

:lol:

Nah your sweet mate as you have a sense of humour  :thup:

I don't mean to be facetious, but Mick, what are your views on Robson getting into a fist fight with his players at Ipswich and Shearer attacking Gillespie?

fuck me fraz..times change, back then you could beat your wife up and slap your kids around and it would be ok if they werent hospitalised.

as for shearers attack on gillespie, he should have been discilplined. if it was his 3rd violent offence inside 2 years he should be kicked out.

lets face it, had andy carroll been playing shit and in the reserves it would just be expected  that he's get the sack. as it is it seems the rules are dependent on form. maybe we should apply it in other wlaks of life, a labourer who is up on his 3rd assault charge will go down cos his job is easily done but a surgeon on a similar charge can walk.

From reading this thread, you think it was perfectly alright to go round breaking folk's faces, so long as you're "doing the business" in your day job. Have to say it's a bit worrying to think so many folk on here think like that. It seems morality is something the majority of people in this country regard as obsolete, outdated, irrelevant and that the rule of law shouldn't extend into the dressing room of football clubs up and down the country.

With the track record that Carroll's got, you'd be forgiven for dismissing him as a nasty piece of work with a fiery, almost uncontrollable temperament. But then again, there's always two sides to every story (at least, sometimes there's even more sides than that) so until someone else from Taylor's camp opens up and tells their side of the story it's hard to know who's to blame.

:undecided: