Plastic Geordies

Guest Phil K

Don't know what defines a Geordie tbh, but he's from Newcastle supporting area whatever. Born in Ashington like me. Don't like him in the slightest.

Guest Immsy7

So a Plastic Geordie is someone from Newcastle but plays or manages a different club?

Awful thread!

So a Plastic Geordie is someone from Newcastle but plays or manages a different club?

Awful thread!

You can redeem yourself though by wearing a SMB t-shirt.

Guest Taff

Really the only plastic Geordies are those given the chance to work here and didn't.

Unlike me then who lives over 300miles away, goes to as many games as financially possible and is actively seeking work in Newcastle. I will attach my CV shortly  :shifty:

Yep, it is trite and childish but Im not going to be 'holier than thou' and pretend that so-called 'plastic geordies' dont get right on my tits.

For me,atleast, a ' plastic geordie' is

NOT someone from outside the area who has taken to support the clubs and/or the area --that is a GEORDIEPHILE  (nice to have you with us)

or someone born here but has moved out --that is an EXILE (sorry you are so far from home )

It is kind of twat who is from here but is only a geordie when it suits their purpose. Telling the media how much they love it up here, but chose to reside in Kensington, or whereever. The rest of their time is taken up by slagging off the people and the area, and telling their friends that they want nothing to do with the North East.

(I also feel similarly disposed toward plastic -jocks [sean Connery springs to mind], scousers, cockneys etc etc)

Examples:-

Gordon Sumner - Robson (elocution-lesson) Green - Steve Bruce - Jimmy Nail - Bobby Chalton

(A short exerpt from my forthcoming diatribe entitled 'LIFE -by me')

Guest Heneage

Really the only plastic Geordies are those given the chance to work here and didn't.

Unlike me then who lives over 300miles away, goes to as many games as financially possible and is actively seeking work in Newcastle. I will attach my CV shortly  :shifty:

I mean more like Bruce etc, you love the club but turn down the chance to work here? Weird.

I almost got into a fight with a 50+ year old mackem after being called a plastic mag on my way home from the Villa game.

You're from London, aren't you? I assume you have a southern accent too, so that automatically makes you 'plastic' apparently. Shame that the same logic that the mackems apply has been posted on here.

I almost got into a fight with a 50+ year old mackem after being called a plastic mag on my way home from the Villa game.

You're from London, aren't you? I assume you have a southern accent too, so that automatically makes you 'plastic' apparently. Shame that the same logic that the mackems apply has been posted on here.

That will have been the connection made. It was quite a funny scenario actually, I had no intention of fighting, but the conclusion was a 50 year old fat and bald mackem literally running away down the road.

That will have been the connection made. It was quite a funny scenario actually, I had no intention of fighting, but the conclusion was a 50 year old fat and bald mackem literally running away down the road.

I have just imagined the situation and I imagined more of a "waddle" than a "run".

I remember my dad almost had a fight with a bloke at the airport once; it was a family who'd just been to the mackem club shop - dad with his muffin top belly and XXXL shirt with DAD 10 on the back, skinny mam with the top hanging off her like a windsock, kids with shirt, shorts and socks on with their names on the back of the shirt.

They tried to push in front of us in the queue and my dad said "Oi, we were here first!", the mackem bloke said (in front of his little bairns) "Were you fuck, get out of the way" and then they squared up to each other. Half the surrounding area just fell about laughing and then some wifey from behind the desk came and seperated them. Was as funny as fuck.

Yep, it is trite and childish but Im not going to be 'holier than thou' and pretend that so-called 'plastic geordies' dont get right on my tits.

For me,atleast, a ' plastic geordie' is

NOT someone from outside the area who has taken to support the clubs and/or the area --that is a GEORDIEPHILE  (nice to have you with us)

or someone born here but has moved out --that is an EXILE (sorry you are so far from home )

It is kind of t*** who is from here but is only a geordie when it suits their purpose. Telling the media how much they love it up here, but chose to reside in Kensington, or whereever. The rest of their time is taken up by slagging off the people and the area, and telling their friends that they want nothing to do with the North East.

(I also feel similarly disposed toward plastic -jocks [sean Connery springs to mind], scousers, cockneys etc etc)

Examples:-

Gordon Sumner - Robson (elocution-lesson) Green - Steve Bruce - Jimmy Nail - Bobby Chalton

(A short exerpt from my forthcoming diatribe entitled 'LIFE -by me')

Good post.

You're so right about Sean Connery, leading light of the SNP but just happens to live in the Bahamas.

Guest firetotheworks

carrick

Carrick isn't a plastic Geordie at all. He was devastated that we didn't go for him when West Ham went down. FFS went for Nicolas Buttocks instead. Despite Carrick being at the top of SBRs list.

Guest Stephen927

carrick

Carrick isn't a plastic Geordie at all. He was devastated that we didn't go for him when West Ham went down. FFS went for Nicolas Buttocks instead. Despite Carrick being at the top of SBRs list.

Shepherd turned him down as he thought £3m was too much for him, IIRC.

Guest firetotheworks

carrick

yep, then paid £2.5m for Butt. MonuMENTAL mistake.

carrick

With him it was all about names, not always ability.

Guest firetotheworks

carrick

With him it was all about names, not always ability.

I know, I remember when I read it in SBRs autobiography. I thought I was going to cry blood, thinking about what Carrick became and what Butt turned out to be.

Guest Stephen927

Also remember reading somewhere, no idea where so take it with a pinch of salt if you must, that Souness wanted Boa Morte and Anelka, but Shepherd went for Luque and Owen as they were bigger names at the time and he felt he had to make an impact in the transfer market.

Again, I'm not sure how true it is.

Guest firetotheworks

Also remember reading somewhere, no idea where so take it with a pinch of salt if you must, that Souness wanted Boa Morte and Anelka, but Shepherd went for Luque and Owen as they were bigger names at the time and he felt he had to make an impact in the transfer market.

Again, I'm not sure how true it is.

Aye, theres plenty of sources, including Souness that say that he wanted Boa Morte and was told that some small sum was too much for him, and then he paid £10million for Luque.

Lets not derail the thread though ay.

carrick

Sure Shepherd is quoted is saying something like "we'll get him for cheaper than that because he'll crawl over broken glass to come here."

Guest firetotheworks

carrick

Sure Shepherd is quoted is saying something like "we'll get him for cheaper than that because he'll crawl over broken glass to come here."

From the sounds of it he would have. SBRs autobiography paints it as him being absolutely devastated that we didn't get him. Hindsight is such a bastard.