The other games today - 2008/09

Dave

o get knocked out?!?

I'm sure all Villa fans will be pleased with the team selection tonight when they finish fifth and get to watch the Waffa final from the comfort of their living rooms.

The point being that having rested so many players this evening, and currently being fourth by six points, we've given ourselves a better chance of not finishing fifth.

There's no givens in football, we're doing well but there is a long way to go - there's also no given that we'd have reached the final.

There's a huge, huge difference to being in the CL and the UEFA Cup. We might end up not in the CL and we're not going to win the UEFA Cup, but it is a gamble. He;s having a go for it, and I think he is right to do so.

Trust me, I've seen pretty much all of our games this season, and we've not got the squad (particularly given current injuries) to progress in the UEFA and finish top four.

We've got two fit centre halves, Bouma is still fucked, Heskey is carrying an injury, NRC has been out for a while, Carew now has a back injury again.

It is all well and good saying "have a go for it", but i'm guessing it isn't quite so simple when you are the man making the decision.

Guest Darth Toon

Defending like that is why West Brom are going down.

Loving Carson with his 4 fingers held up; "how the fuck were there 4 of them completely umarked right in the middle of our box??"  :lol:

Off to the 'Bay match for a cheap spectator afternoon...probably the best football i'll see in the flesh for the next few weeks given the fixtures at Barrack Road.  

:(

You'll see some quality football at St. James, just not from Newcastle.  :rolleyes:

Guest firetotheworks

1-0 to chelsea. Anyone see who scored?

Terry via a Boyce deflection

Cheers.  O0

Lampard is looking class this season like. No one seems to have made a big deal about it though.