The other games today - 2008/09

Dave

Champions League really is a bit of a joke now. Might as well be a domestic cup.

Apparently an English team hasn't lost a two-legged tie to a non-English team since Man U lost to Roma in '07.

If the others cant compete that is not the fault of the English clubs. I don't think many people from England whinged when Real Madrid led the Spainish dominance of the cup in the mid 90s to early zero's.

Champions League really is a bit of a joke now. Might as well be a domestic cup.

Apparently an English team hasn't lost a two-legged tie to a non-English team since Man U lost to Roma in '07.

Milan?

Milan?

Yeah, Milan. Stupid commentator.

Guest Chubby Jason

Pathetic reaction from Villareal players.

(Was watching the Man Utd bore fest) In what way?

Half the team surrounding the linesman, going on like a bunch of spoilt ten year-olds, totally ridiculous. One of them was rightly sent off, then tried to grab the referee's arm, he then took about 6 years to leave the pitch.

Footballers really do themselves no favours going on like this.

Half the team surrounding the linesman, going on like a bunch of spoilt ten year-olds, totally ridiculous. One of them was rightly sent off, then tried to grab the referee's arm, he then took about 6 years to leave the pitch.

Champions League Quarter Final like, emotions are obviously going to be running high.  If you think an official has made a bad decision you're not just going to say "Oh well, fair enough.." and walk away.

Guest neesy111

JR looks disgusted that Ruud & Souey are saying Ronaldo should do one.

need's to buy a new suit, he where's that grey one everytime on sky

Guest Chubby Jason

Champions League Quarter Final like, emotions are obviously going to be running high.  If you think an official has made a bad decision you're not just going to say "Oh well, fair enough.." and walk away.

Don't really see it in any other sport to be honest. No excuse for it a pathetic reaction from a bunch of supposed professionals.

Walcott's finish :fwap:

Will be brilliant to see him back in the England side. His performance last night showed just how far ahead of Lennon and every other English right winger he is.

Rangers 4-3 up away at Capitals in NHL, good game this far.

Do you have a job that keeps you up this late, or are you just like me, awesome? I've noticed you're on most of the same hours as myself. :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

Im usually all for an all English final, but fuck it, this year I want a Man United vs Barca final.

I can't believe so many people want an all English final.  You do know this means the teams in our league will get bigger and bigger and richer and richer? 

The "big four" are not in our league.

Because of continual Champions League success.  :kinnear:

I can't believe so many people want an all English final.  You do know this means the teams in our league will get bigger and bigger and richer and richer? 

i can't believe that in 2009 people are so parochial and xenophobic regarding a competition they have no vested interest in going to another english club, the fans and players of whom you'll likely be spouting venom at when they play NUFC in days/weeks/months to come

always blew my mind that, people should want the best team to win when they're not involved and the best team on the planet this season is barca